R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-15-2007, 06:09 PM   #9046
Tech Elite
 
rmdhawaii's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 3,804
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dredd
What should I do if the cap screw on the 2 speed shaft keeps backing out?

I tighten it down and it will always get loose and eventually falls out. God forbid it falls off when I'm at speed.
First, try changing the cap screw. If that doesn't solve the problem, make sure the threads inside the shaft are not stripped.

What length cap screw are you using? The instructions say to use the 12 or 15mm screw. If the 15 isn't too long, try the 15.
__________________
Nitro Knowledge Base: http://nitrokb.netne.net
My YouTube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/nitrokb -> Lots of on-road nitro & eletric action + some off-road as well
My Flickr Photostream: http://www.flickr.com/photos/nitrokb/
Kyosho V-ONE RRR WC (x2) \ XRAY T2'007 \ Also owned: XRAY NT1 & Mugen MTX-4
rmdhawaii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2007, 06:13 PM   #9047
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 660
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmdhawaii
First, try changing the cap screw. If that doesn't solve the problem, make sure the threads inside the shaft are not stripped.

What length cap screw are you using? The instructions say to use the 12 or 15mm screw. If the 15 isn't too long, try the 15.
To be honest I never measured it. I'm gonna go to the shop tomorrow and take it apart and check it out.
__________________
Kyosho V-One RRR - JP Modified Mugen X12 - GQ Racing Tires - Futaba servos - KO Helios w/Spektrum Pro - Maxy's Fuel
Losi 8ight 2.0 RTR for fun times
Dredd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2007, 10:14 PM   #9048
Tech Rookie
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 7
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgstrrf
I want to improve the part about camber(Rear). It's very inconvenient to change rear camber angle ( just very few adjustment can be done with...T^T)
Any suggestion(s)? Or any body could help?
Cheers

Raven
Hope this could help.

Camber plate on rear bulkhead

Reference Link
ThunderTech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2007, 11:37 PM   #9049
Tech Fanatic
 
robert maestrey's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Miramar
Posts: 906
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dredd
To be honest I never measured it. I'm gonna go to the shop tomorrow and take it apart and check it out.

some mild thread locks works wonders onthat part hope this helps
__________________
Sippin Coladas and Chillin
robert maestrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2007, 06:51 AM   #9050
jag
Tech Master
 
jag's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: So. Florida
Posts: 1,168
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgstrrf
I want to improve the part about camber(Rear). It's very inconvenient to change rear camber angle ( just very few adjustment can be done with...T^T)
Any suggestion(s)? Or any body could help?
Cheers

Raven
Get yourself a small 5.5mm wrench. That's what I use and it works very well.
jag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2007, 06:56 AM   #9051
jag
Tech Master
 
jag's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: So. Florida
Posts: 1,168
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dredd
What should I do if the cap screw on the 2 speed shaft keeps backing out?

I tighten it down and it will always get loose and eventually falls out. God forbid it falls off when I'm at speed.
Do you mean the screw that goes in the end of the shaft that holds the spur gears on? If that is the screw you are having problems with, it's probably not the screw... it's the collar, the shaft or one-way bearing. If it's the grub screw that holds the 2-speed on the shaft, I would recommend Lock-Tite.
jag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2007, 07:00 AM   #9052
Tech Adept
 
etgdpu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Greece
Posts: 141
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivan Dickson
Where did you purchase your 2d clutch.
From RC-CHAMP. They have fantastic service and prices.
__________________
The intelligent can become anyone, anyone can not become intelligent.
etgdpu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2007, 10:35 AM   #9053
Tech Elite
 
rmdhawaii's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 3,804
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dredd
To be honest I never measured it. I'm gonna go to the shop tomorrow and take it apart and check it out.
Oops! Sorry Dred - my bad. I mis-read your post. Ignore what I said about the screw length.
__________________
Nitro Knowledge Base: http://nitrokb.netne.net
My YouTube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/nitrokb -> Lots of on-road nitro & eletric action + some off-road as well
My Flickr Photostream: http://www.flickr.com/photos/nitrokb/
Kyosho V-ONE RRR WC (x2) \ XRAY T2'007 \ Also owned: XRAY NT1 & Mugen MTX-4
rmdhawaii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2007, 10:37 AM   #9054
Tech Elite
 
rmdhawaii's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 3,804
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jag
Do you mean the screw that goes in the end of the shaft that holds the spur gears on? If that is the screw you are having problems with, it's probably not the screw... it's the collar, the shaft or one-way bearing. If it's the grub screw that holds the 2-speed on the shaft, I would recommend Lock-Tite.
I've never had to put lock-tite on that screw on either of my cars...
__________________
Nitro Knowledge Base: http://nitrokb.netne.net
My YouTube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/nitrokb -> Lots of on-road nitro & eletric action + some off-road as well
My Flickr Photostream: http://www.flickr.com/photos/nitrokb/
Kyosho V-ONE RRR WC (x2) \ XRAY T2'007 \ Also owned: XRAY NT1 & Mugen MTX-4
rmdhawaii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2007, 11:46 AM   #9055
Tech Addict
 
JRRobiso's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Scottsdale, AZ
Posts: 659
Send a message via Yahoo to JRRobiso
Exclamation Engine Recommendation

Hi to all the V1 RRR owners. I just joined the group (still waiting for the delivery of my kit ).

Need help when I build the kit (building tips, shock oil, spare parts, engine etc).

But my main concern is the choice of engine. I plan of just putting a .12 engine, however I'm not sure which brand I should get that's not too much money & not too cheap either but a very reliable engine (or should I say worth the $$$).

I'm new to this class (you can tell from my "SIG" - Tamiya TC's) & want to try it out since I got the bleesing from my better half the other night. I only plan to race nitro club racing @ my local track twice a month. The nitro class has been increasing since late last year. A handful of electric TC's racers (including me) have swithced over to nitro but I still plan to run my electric TC from time to time.

Any tips, suggestions & engine recommendations will be appreciated.
__________________
TAOB Racing Team (2004) | Team Driver #101
TRF415MSX | TRF415MRE | TRF801X/XT | K V1 RRR Evo WCE | K IGT2 Audi A4 DTM | AE SC10 4X4
AKA | Airtronics M11 | Spektrum Pro | Speed Passion BL | OS Engines | Sidewinder Fuel | Ko Propo/JR HV/Savox Servos | MuchMore Racing | Xenon Racing | Speedmind | Sorex Tires | Twister Tires
JRRobiso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2007, 11:52 AM   #9056
Tech Elite
 
rmdhawaii's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 3,804
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Hi Jun. Check out the RRR Web site in my signature. It has quite a few tips.

What engines are the other guys running and how big is the track?
__________________
Nitro Knowledge Base: http://nitrokb.netne.net
My YouTube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/nitrokb -> Lots of on-road nitro & eletric action + some off-road as well
My Flickr Photostream: http://www.flickr.com/photos/nitrokb/
Kyosho V-ONE RRR WC (x2) \ XRAY T2'007 \ Also owned: XRAY NT1 & Mugen MTX-4
rmdhawaii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2007, 12:05 PM   #9057
Tech Master
 
Ivan Dickson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Cali Love USA
Posts: 1,643
Trader Rating: 12 (93%+)
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRRobiso
Hi to all the V1 RRR owners. I just joined the group (still waiting for the delivery of my kit ).

Need help when I build the kit (building tips, shock oil, spare parts, engine etc).

But my main concern is the choice of engine. I plan of just putting a .12 engine, however I'm not sure which brand I should get that's not too much money & not too cheap either but a very reliable engine (or should I say worth the $$$).

I'm new to this class (you can tell from my "SIG" - Tamiya TC's) & want to try it out since I got the bleesing from my better half the other night. I only plan to race nitro club racing @ my local track twice a month. The nitro class has been increasing since late last year. A handful of electric TC's racers (including me) have swithced over to nitro but I still plan to run my electric TC from time to time.

Any tips, suggestions & engine recommendations will be appreciated.
Welcome to the RRR club plenty of tips on this site just ask when you have a question there are people with a lot of knowledge of RRR in this forum.
__________________
SPECIAL THANKS TO ✦ MY WIFE ✦✦ MOTIV RC ✦✦ GRAVITY RC ✦✦ JGO PAINTZ ✦✦ TQ RC RACEWAY ✦✦ TAMIYA RACEWAY ✦
Ivan Dickson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2007, 12:12 PM   #9058
Tech Addict
 
JRRobiso's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Scottsdale, AZ
Posts: 659
Send a message via Yahoo to JRRobiso
Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmdhawaii
Hi Jun. Check out the RRR Web site in my signature. It has quite a few tips.

What engines are the other guys running and how big is the track?
Thanks for pointing me to your "SIG", will definitely look at it when I start building the kit. The guys @ my track run .12 engines (I think, not sure if some use .15 engines). The brand of engine that I hear the most is the Sirio engines (checked the price around & costs a little more than half the $$$ I paid for my nitro kit ).

The size of the track is a good size track (don't know the exact dimensions).

Thanks Ivan for the warm welcome.
__________________
TAOB Racing Team (2004) | Team Driver #101
TRF415MSX | TRF415MRE | TRF801X/XT | K V1 RRR Evo WCE | K IGT2 Audi A4 DTM | AE SC10 4X4
AKA | Airtronics M11 | Spektrum Pro | Speed Passion BL | OS Engines | Sidewinder Fuel | Ko Propo/JR HV/Savox Servos | MuchMore Racing | Xenon Racing | Speedmind | Sorex Tires | Twister Tires
JRRobiso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2007, 12:51 PM   #9059
Tech Fanatic
 
robert maestrey's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Miramar
Posts: 906
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmdhawaii
I've never had to put lock-tite on that screw on either of my cars...

its a pre-caution...this makes certain that it will not come loose....the last thing you want is a failure when winning a big race......there are several areas that should always have locktite if you dont want to have a unforseen problem heading to the finish line

hope this helps.
__________________
Sippin Coladas and Chillin
robert maestrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2007, 02:15 PM   #9060
Tech Elite
 
rmdhawaii's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 3,804
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by robert maestrey
its a pre-caution...this makes certain that it will not come loose....the last thing you want is a failure when winning a big race......there are several areas that should always have locktite if you dont want to have a unforseen problem heading to the finish line

hope this helps.
Very true.

I haven't had problems - or remember coming across a post where someone else had this problem, but I could be mistaken on the latter.

It's like those Mugen wheel nuts. When I first looked at them, it was like, "Hey, no nylon!?" Then I asked a guy if I needed to use any thread lock on them and he said that I don't have to. Sure enough, those things lock tighter than if I had fused the wheel to the hub.
__________________
Nitro Knowledge Base: http://nitrokb.netne.net
My YouTube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/nitrokb -> Lots of on-road nitro & eletric action + some off-road as well
My Flickr Photostream: http://www.flickr.com/photos/nitrokb/
Kyosho V-ONE RRR WC (x2) \ XRAY T2'007 \ Also owned: XRAY NT1 & Mugen MTX-4
rmdhawaii is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
FOR SALE - Mugen MBX5T ProSpec and Kyosho STR with chassis conversion and Kyosho big MattWells R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 5 04-28-2017 10:25 AM
1986 1/12 Kyosho Plazma MKIII With Kyosho LeMan 600E Motor Funkymojo R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 2 05-17-2012 11:11 AM
Custom painted Kyosho SP2 and Kyosho STRR bodies.... RC3 Graphics SWEET W/ PICS CRFXXXT R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 1 01-07-2008 07:38 PM
MACH. 28/NEW PS, KYOSHO MINI INFERNO ST/W/3NEW IB1400 8 CELL PACKS, KYOSHO 1./8 BUGGY newbie2 R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 5 11-18-2007 06:07 PM
Convert Kyosho Quick Start system on Kyosho QRC to Pullstart Morpheus2be Monster Trucks 0 02-16-2005 11:26 PM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 10:11 PM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net