Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Kyosho v-one rrr

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2004, 05:57 AM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by ziggy12345
It just seemed rather thin and looked like it will break. Hopefully i'll get better at driving so wont have to test it as much as I did the FW.

Just ordered the Alfa 2.1 shell. I heard its not as good as the mazda but looks wicked. Anybody tried it?

Cheers
Sow&Steady is your man for this question
Old 10-26-2004, 06:00 AM
Tech Master

Have you thought about bonding to mounts together? you may need the extra strenghth for those Ashby bumps.

The Alfa is too agressive for Aldershot but could be ideal for those tight Ashby corners.

I would still like to know why my brakes failed at Ashby, they've been fine since that meeting and I haven't changed a thing.
Still, qualifying 20th from 76 (1 lap off FTD) with no brakes is not bad.
Old 10-26-2004, 06:06 AM
Tech Elite

Haven't got a RRR but from looking at the pictures, I'd be very tempted to fabricate a pair of struts that connect the body mount post bolts to where the rear roll bar is mounted - triangulate the whole thing.

Bodys are a bit of a mine field, I reckon. We've tried the Alfa 2.1 after all the positive hype of a few months ago, and more recently, the Mazda 6.
The Alfa has been used on the RR/EVO as well as the MTX-3 - the Mazda, just on the Mugen.

The much heralded massive downforce of the Alfa just didn't seem to materialise. In fact, we thought the big wing was just slowing it down and since triming off a quarter inch, it's better. This does seem contrary to the findings of others, though.
The Mazda 6 seems very like the original Stratus - maybe a cut down wing might help it too. My drivers favourite is still the Volvo S60. It just seems to be faster and does best on a big track.
Probably can't argue with the WC car, though, unless they all got 'em for free.
Old 10-26-2004, 07:08 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally posted by Taylor-Racing

The much heralded massive downforce of the Alfa just didn't seem to materialise. In fact, we thought the big wing was just slowing it down and since triming off a quarter inch, it's better. This does seem contrary to the findings of others, though.

Taylor, I had the same experience with the Alfa wing on my RR Evo. I first trimmed .125" and is still felt like it was being held back. I then cut another .125" and I started to feel a difference for the better.

I switched back to the Stratus at my last two meets and had better results. The Stratus and Mazda have forward windsheild downforce which helped steering. The Alfa has more mid chassis downforce which is OK, but I hate having to mod the wing and loose rear traction. I just got the Mazda, so I'll let you know how it feels.

I tested the shells on my FW and got no feed back since the cars weight is more rear heavy. It needs a nutral body. In my Evo, I have the Rx pack upfront, so it steers great. I'm going to mod the FW this winter and bring more of the weight forward. AAA back in the rear, and maybe a laydown throttle servo in the mid. Anyways, thats for a different thread.
Old 10-26-2004, 07:40 AM
Tech Elite

Well, I'm glad I'm not the only one.
It may well be that the standard Alfa wing works just fine on a smaller track than we usually run at. After cutting ours down, there didn't seem to be any loss or rear traction
And for our larger 1/8th scale track (~210' straight) , the standard Volvo S60 wing is just fine.

These large wings being supplied with the Alfa 2.1 and Mazda 6 etc. at least give you the opportunity to cut it down if you need 'cos there's no escaping the fact that downforce comes at the expense of drag.
Old 10-26-2004, 07:49 AM
Tech Master

I seem to be the only one who prefers the Protoform MG ZS, must be the way I drive?
Old 10-26-2004, 02:47 PM
Tech Regular

Default roll center

Originally posted by thescum
Heya ziggy12345,

Part 72 is found on page 6 of the manual; the arrangement of plastic runners. its plastic and it's found as a part together with suspension bush to change the front and rear roll centres.
hello

please explain were does those little parts go to on the
car in order to change the roll center front and rear.
Old 10-26-2004, 04:50 PM
Tech Adept

Default Re: roll center

Originally posted by GUINT1
hello

please explain were does those little parts go to on the
car in order to change the roll center front and rear.

The roll center bushes are very easy to change and they fit on the top suspension pin (front)where it mounts into the bulckheads
and lower sus pin (rear) rear where it mounts into the bulk head. there are 2 different bushings A and B if you flip A and B upside down you now have 4 positions that you can use. A high, A low, B-high, B-low.

Re bodies. Has anyone else tried the (active) Mazda Atenza special limited? It looks similar to the mazda but more front down force and a nicer rear wing, and a smoother shape. If you have a chance try it. We have found it is quite alot better than the already good mazda 6.

thanks
Old 10-26-2004, 07:51 PM
Tech Prophet

Originally posted by Taylor-Racing
And for our larger 1/8th scale track (~210' straight) , the standard Volvo S60 wing is just fine.
Yes, the Volvo wings are very slim and small. It helps a lot if you cut down the Mazda 6 and Alfa 2.1 wing down. In my experience, cutting it down to the same level as the body height and not exceeding it (following rules) makes the wing reasonably small.

The rule of thumb is bigger wings on tight tracks and smaller ones for large tracks.
Old 10-26-2004, 08:13 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

The best Alpha Romeo body is the Parma. I have used the Protoform, Losi, and HPI and the Parma is the best. It is very reponsive and stable where the Losi is responsive but loose midcorner. If you can't find a Parma alpha, the Losi would be the runner up. I found the car to be a little on the twitchy side so I put on an MG body to calm it down. It works nice but I have to run another Mazda body with the whole wing to do a really intensive comparison.
Old 10-27-2004, 03:02 PM
Tech Regular

Default Re: Re: roll center

Originally posted by rcosmax
The roll center bushes are very easy to change and they fit on the top suspension pin (front)where it mounts into the bulckheads
and lower sus pin (rear) rear where it mounts into the bulk head. there are 2 different bushings A and B if you flip A and B upside down you now have 4 positions that you can use. A high, A low, B-high, B-low.

Re bodies. Has anyone else tried the (active) Mazda Atenza special limited? It looks similar to the mazda but more front down force and a nicer rear wing, and a smoother shape. If you have a chance try it. We have found it is quite alot better than the already good mazda 6.

thanks
hello
I understand about the parts that fit in the bulkheads A & B.
but im talking about part No# 72. That looks like a little plactic washer. where does that go. Check page 6 part no#72.
Old 10-27-2004, 05:14 PM
Tech Apprentice

Heya Gunti1,

Part no 72's a plastic bushing that goes in the throttle swing arm (found on page 24, step 38). Hope this suffices...
Old 10-27-2004, 08:54 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Click on the followings links for Setup Sheet for the V1RRR and FW05RR at the worlds

http://www.kyosho.co.jp/web/race/rac...a1-10on-j.html
Old 10-27-2004, 09:08 PM
Tech Adept

thanks Joehwee. Nice to finally get the setups from the worlds!
Old 10-27-2004, 09:27 PM
Tech Adept

Default atenza sp ltd

For those of you that asked about this body I found this link today. Atenza is the Japanese name for mazda6. I have both the mazda 6 and this new atenza sp ltd shell. The atenza s limited is faster, smoother and has more front downforce. Anyway here is the link.

http://www.active-hobby.com/j/new20040330.html

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.