Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Kyosho v-one rrr

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2004, 12:52 AM
Tech Master

Originally posted by ziggy12345
Just fitted the back shock tower....... Held on with 2 small screws and thin as hell!! This wont last 5 mins. How many have people snapped already?
I'm suprised that Kyosho did this(710 too I think). Especially since the body mounts on there too!

Two more screws and/or a keyed slot would have been stronger and not much heavier.
Old 10-25-2004, 01:15 AM
Tech Master

Originally posted by InitialD
Increasing which traction? Front or rear?

Reducing rear width would definitely lower the available rear traction. The car already has a lot of steering. So making the rear less rear traction would cause the car to oversteer more. No?
Less width actually increases traction as the roll is more so more load on the ouside tyre. But you get much more stability

Cheers
Old 10-25-2004, 01:20 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default Rear Shock Tower / Brakes

I got about 10 minutes before my rear shock tower broke. Since then I've bought the 3racing one, it is a little thicker and has extra shock mounting holes for us racing on rubbers.

I am completely happy with the handling of the new RRR, the only problem I have is I seem to loose the brakes after a couple of minutes, it must have something to do with heat because once I come in for a while then go back out it is fine until it warms up again. The servo and battery pack is good so that shouldnt be the problem and the linkages are ok. I have replaced the standard rotor with the 3racing slotted one and it has made very little difference. Has anybody else had problems? Is there some sort of solution?
Old 10-25-2004, 01:25 AM
Tech Master

I havent built my RRR yet and already ordered a spare rear shock tower!
Old 10-25-2004, 02:48 AM
Tech Elite

I havent built my RRR yet and already ordered a spare rear shock tower!
2 of my friends who owns 3R, broke their kits rear shock tower by just 1 "normal"collision. ( which if it is V1RR Evo or FW-05 it won't brake anything) Yup. . i believe you need spare, or any other alternative, (double up, thicker shock tower etc)
Old 10-25-2004, 03:01 AM
Tech Master

Even if you double it up it will only transfer the load to the 3 screws holding in the shock tower and so rip them out ruining the rear bulk head.

No the rear end need to be completly re designed. The shock tower and body post must be seperate.

Any suggestions?

Cheers
Old 10-25-2004, 05:47 AM
Tech Master

Default Re: Kawahara Rear Shock Stays

Originally posted by thescum
Heya rcosmax,

you had mentioned about the kawahara rear shock stays... was wondering whether you'd know where they'd be selling these on-line.... (hk sites preferably, if its not too much to ask
let me know where i can get one also

Cheers
Old 10-25-2004, 12:29 PM
Tech Master

Whats the little bushing that fits in the arm for the steering made from? I think its No 72 in the kit? I cant find it but is it metal or plastic?

Cheers
Old 10-25-2004, 12:49 PM
Tech Master

Originally posted by FW05R
nice ride D
Is that a home made belt tensioner fitted? The kit one lets te belt rub the pipe even when tight.

Cheers
Old 10-25-2004, 05:03 PM
Tech Adept

Re kawahara rear stay.

I am sorry guys I dont know where to get one or even the part number. I put 1 on and chucked the package. Champ usually has a good selection so will probably have that part up soon. It is brand new so it may take some time for the online stores to post it on their sites. I really cant help anymore because I have never ordered parts for my kyoshos online. My tracks are fully stocked so I just buy from them. Maybe someone who does alot of online shopping can recomend a site?

Re stock rear stay.

As any part the type of crash will break a certain part. I have broken 1 rear stay in over 10 hrs of running. I ran wide and smoked a board on a high speed sweeper and expected something to be broken. Other than that piece, the car is very tough.

Re side belt rubbing on exhaust flange.

That side belt seems to have alot of stretch to it. After a very short time it is long enough to clear the exhaust header with no problems. run it for a a few laps and then tighten it up again and it should be fine.

Old 10-25-2004, 05:05 PM
Tech Apprentice

Whats the little bushing that fits in the arm for the steering made from? I think its No 72 in the kit? I cant find it but is it metal or plastic?

Cheers

Heya ziggy12345,

Part 72 is found on page 6 of the manual; the arrangement of plastic runners. its plastic and it's found as a part together with suspension bush to change the front and rear roll centres.
Old 10-26-2004, 12:49 AM
Tech Master

Ok thanks.

I have figured out a way to strengthen the back shock stay. I am making a 4mm carbon piece to fit behind the shock stay and bolt onto the rear of the camber links. This is how the FW shock stay fits on.

I also made a large roll bar using the RR roll bar pieces to protect the body posts.

Cheers
Old 10-26-2004, 05:34 AM
Tech Master

Ok thanks.

I have figured out a way to strengthen the back shock stay. I am making a 4mm carbon piece to fit behind the shock stay and bolt onto the rear of the camber links. This is how the FW shock stay fits on.

I also made a large roll bar using the RR roll bar pieces to protect the body posts.

Cheers
Yo Ziggy, that's a lot of stenghthening, are you expecting to do some crash testing?
Old 10-26-2004, 05:44 AM
Tech Master

It just seemed rather thin and looked like it will break. Hopefully i'll get better at driving so wont have to test it as much as I did the FW.

Just ordered the Alfa 2.1 shell. I heard its not as good as the mazda but looks wicked. Anybody tried it?

Cheers
Old 10-26-2004, 05:56 AM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by NiMo
Yo Ziggy, that's a lot of stenghthening, are you expecting to do some crash testing?
Maybe he wants to test to see if it flys through that fence of yours as well as a "friend" of mines 710 *cough*

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.