Wiki Posts
Search

Kyosho v-one rrr

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2005, 08:26 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default RRR member now

guess you wondering why im posting on this thread ,yes i did it i hve a rrr know ,now im asking you for some setup help.i know this car is good on bumpy tracks, how does it do on smooth tracks an need gearing setup for topend speed.i still hve the fwo5
Old 06-14-2005, 08:49 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by impalabob64
guess you wondering why im posting on this thread ,yes i did it i hve a rrr know ,now im asking you for some setup help.i know this car is good on bumpy tracks, how does it do on smooth tracks an need gearing setup for topend speed.i still hve the fwo5
hahaha Bobby welcome to the club. Stock setup works great. If the traction is good you might want to raise your roll centers and stand up your rear shocks a bit. For top end go with 55T 2nd spur gear and 23T pinion.
Old 06-15-2005, 12:32 AM
Tech Master

Talking

Originally Posted by XBeta
thanks for the reply ziggy. however, you said only the middle screw fits. so would it like missalign itself much?

thanks!
Only if you crash
Old 06-15-2005, 12:34 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by jeffreylin
hahaha Bobby welcome to the club. Stock setup works great. If the traction is good you might want to raise your roll centers and stand up your rear shocks a bit. For top end go with 55T 2nd spur gear and 23T pinion.
Lower roll centre for smooth tracks. Thats the inserts at the front to the highest and the back to the lowest with the top link at a large angle

Cheers
Old 06-15-2005, 12:35 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by impalabob64
Hey Bobby! How's things - you getting yourself a new car for the Winternats
Old 06-15-2005, 12:37 AM
Tech Elite

Which servo saver seems to work best on the RRR?

Does the plastic solid axel fitment which came with the kit work ok? Looks a little weak to me.

Cheers, Mark.
Old 06-15-2005, 12:38 AM
Tech Regular

hey guys,just bought a new rrr and i need a motor to put in it.i dont mind spending the money for something decent.what are my choices?

also whats the difference between the rrr and the wc version?

thanks
Old 06-15-2005, 12:43 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by ziggy12345
Lower roll centre for smooth tracks. Thats the inserts at the front to the highest and the back to the lowest with the top link at a large angle

Cheers
Only if you have low traction. Lower roll center will provide more chassis roll and more weight transfer to the outside wheel, thus provide more grip at the expense of a slower transition. This is desirable for low traction surface but not for high bite track. This is why we run small tires for high bite track to "free up" the car since smaller tires will raise your roll center with the same ride height.
Old 06-15-2005, 12:45 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by markp27
Which servo saver seems to work best on the RRR?

Does the plastic solid axel fitment which came with the kit work ok? Looks a little weak to me.

Cheers, Mark.
Mark do you mean servo horn? Servo saver is built into the chassis. If you meant servo horn I use the Sanwa one with a metal ring for my KO servos and I've never had to replace them.
Old 06-15-2005, 12:53 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by moot
hey guys,just bought a new rrr and i need a motor to put in it.i dont mind spending the money for something decent.what are my choices?

also whats the difference between the rrr and the wc version?

thanks
Any rear exhaust slide carb SG shaft .12 motor will work (no pull starts). There are lots of good engines out there and it's more of a personal preference once you go past $200 level.

The difference between the regular RRR & the WC has been discussed many many times. Go back a few pages and you should find your answers.
Old 06-15-2005, 12:58 AM
Tech Elite

Mark do you mean servo horn? Servo saver is built into the chassis. If you meant servo horn I use the Sanwa one with a metal ring for my KO servos and I've never had to replace them.
Hmm, not sure of the name of the part I mean - its the part which you get 3 of, numbered 10, 11 and 12. Each gives a different Ackermann.
Old 06-15-2005, 01:04 AM
Tech Elite

Hmm, not sure of the name of the part I mean - its the part which you get 3 of, numbered 10, 11 and 12. Each gives a different Ackermann.
Ah I see, I call it the steering plate but that's just me. I use 11 but I think 12 will work better for large tracks and 10 for smaller tracks. 11 works fine for me and I haven't had to change it.

The solid axle adaptor is filmsy and I wouldn't use that if I was to run a spool in front. 3racing is the only one that I know makes an alumnium one. It's also been suggested that filling the case with serpent cleaning clay will work.
Old 06-15-2005, 01:09 AM
Tech Elite

Ah I see, I call it the steering plate but that's just me. I use 11 but I think 12 will work better for large tracks and 10 for smaller tracks. 11 works fine for me and I haven't had to change it.

The solid axle adaptor is filmsy and I wouldn't use that if I was to run a spool in front. 3racing is the only one that I know makes an alumnium one. It's also been suggested that filling the case with serpent cleaning clay will work.
Thanks. I would still need an adaptor within the housing, though, even if using Serpent Clay, no?
Old 06-15-2005, 01:14 AM
Tech Elite

Thanks. I would still need an adaptor within the housing, though, even if using Serpent Clay, no?
I have not tried it myself but I think you do not need the adaptor, just leave the gears inside and put clay in it instead of the diff oil.
Old 06-15-2005, 01:19 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I got a friend over to help setup the engine. Now everything ran fine (meaning the engine runs without being too hot). Practicing in a parking lot at tonite, and it certainly felt good to be in the RC family again Also, lesson to be learned: temp gun is a necessity in this sport. Guess I should not cheap out in the first place

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.