R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 05-03-2011, 08:08 AM   #316
Tech Apprentice
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 50
Default

I have finished building my kit but yet to drive it , with the experience i have seen some have with the diffs, after building mine i realized that the inner and outer movements of the cup drives were way too much so i shimmed both sides under the big gears (not sure right now of the size shims used ) but it took out most of the play without binding up the diff. i hope that will help in not stripping the gears.the only other thing i would like to find out is, has anyone had any problems with the ride height on the front of the car using the box setup.
bullie1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2011, 11:03 PM   #317
Tech Regular
 
nikoskar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Greece
Posts: 496
Talking

Yesterday receive one of the first's Kyosho V-One R4 kit that arrives to Greece.
I have created a unboxing video.
Click here in order to view the video.

Hope you like it
__________________
www.rc-world.gr
nikoskar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2011, 07:50 PM   #318
Tech Champion
 
GMartinez's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Sunshine State
Posts: 8,163
Trader Rating: 85 (100%+)
Default

If anyone is still looking to get an R4 there is 1 left & there getting hard to get from kyosho next shipment will be in a couple of weeks
http://www.superiorhobbies.com/istar...subclass=ONNIT
__________________
www.fullthrottlercraceway.com
Home of The U.S. World Nitro Cup 2013,2014,2015,2016
2014 Roar Electric Nationals, IFMAR ISTC Worlds, 2015 Roar Fuel Nationals
2017 U.S.World Nitro Cup Nov 29th - Dec 3rd
U.S.Open Fuel Championship Returning soon
GMartinez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2011, 08:25 PM   #319
FRP
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 192
Default

Some new products from DnM Tech for R4

Front and Rear shock tower by 4mm
Special Teflon ring for 1st/2nd gear housing (minimize the slop)



FRP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2011, 09:23 PM   #320
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Levittown , Puerto Rico
Posts: 102
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by FRP View Post
Some new products from DnM Tech for R4

Front and Rear shock tower by 4mm
Special Teflon ring for 1st/2nd gear housing (minimize the slop)



do you happen to have a link to that page??
__________________
Capricorn America , RC Target , Kosmic Fuel , RPM Hobbies , Express Motorsports , Murnan Modified , BrokeasJokeRacingTeam.
yukiyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2011, 09:38 PM   #321
FRP
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 192
Default

you can contact www.dnm-tech.com
FRP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2011, 10:38 PM   #322
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Levittown , Puerto Rico
Posts: 102
Default

thank you very much!!
__________________
Capricorn America , RC Target , Kosmic Fuel , RPM Hobbies , Express Motorsports , Murnan Modified , BrokeasJokeRacingTeam.
yukiyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2011, 04:08 PM   #323
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 572
Default Rear diff leaking

Hey people my R4 is ready waiting to be run but unfortunately it won't happen before next week.

I noticed that the rear diff is leaking diff oil, so i dismantled the rear end took out the diff and noticed that i might have tightened the screws to much as the plastic of the top cover was a bit warped. i loosened a bi tthe screws until the plastic became straight and let it upright in order to check if it leaks. Now its much better but it seems that its leaking from the screws themselves. Is it normal?

Thanks
speed6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2011, 11:46 PM   #324
Tech Rookie
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 10
Default

Quote:
If anyone is still looking to get an R4 there is 1 left & there getting hard to get from kyosho next shipment will be in a couple of weeks
superiorhobbies.com

I have bought my r4 from tunedtoys.com and they still have of it available

which is a good preload of clutch spring??
Anassagora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2011, 01:00 AM   #325
Tech Rookie
 
Peppuccio's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Messina, ITALY
Posts: 15
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by speed6 View Post
Hey people my R4 is ready waiting to be run but unfortunately it won't happen before next week.

I noticed that the rear diff is leaking diff oil, so i dismantled the rear end took out the diff and noticed that i might have tightened the screws to much as the plastic of the top cover was a bit warped. i loosened a bi tthe screws until the plastic became straight and let it upright in order to check if it leaks. Now its much better but it seems that its leaking from the screws themselves. Is it normal?

Thanks
Hi,
no it is not normal ! The problem is that the top cover is too tight and don't fits on the rear diff crankcase. Isn't easy for me to explain in english what you have to do but I try: you must reduce the tooth of the internal diameter of the top cover untill the two parts (diff crankcase and cover) fits exactly. After you have done so you will be able to assemble the diff with oil and gears.
__________________
Kyosho R4 - Novarossi Flash factory tuned
Peppuccio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2011, 04:04 PM   #326
Tech Regular
 
nikoskar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Greece
Posts: 496
Default Kyosho V-One R4 almost ready

Kyosho V-One R4 85% ready.
Attached Thumbnails
Kyosho v-one r4!!!!-kyosho-v-one-r4.jpg  
__________________
www.rc-world.gr
nikoskar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2011, 04:36 PM   #327
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 572
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peppuccio View Post
Hi,
no it is not normal ! The problem is that the top cover is too tight and don't fits on the rear diff crankcase. Isn't easy for me to explain in english what you have to do but I try: you must reduce the tooth of the internal diameter of the top cover untill the two parts (diff crankcase and cover) fits exactly. After you have done so you will be able to assemble the diff with oil and gears.
Did not understand, can you explain in Italian since i can read very well.

Thanks

Also tonight i fitted the engine an RB RS line and the side belt is hitting the exhaust on he side not on top. Is this normal shall i add an extra washer in fron of the flywhel in order to push the engine more to the right?

Thanks
speed6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2011, 09:51 PM   #328
Tech Fanatic
 
Speedypeterb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Pompano Beach FL.
Posts: 775
Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Speedypeterb
Default side belt hitting

Quote:
Originally Posted by speed6 View Post
Did not understand, can you explain in Italian since i can read very well.

Thanks

Also tonight i fitted the engine an RB RS line and the side belt is hitting the exhaust on he side not on top. Is this normal shall i add an extra washer in fron of the flywhel in order to push the engine more to the right?

Thanks
can you post a picture thanks
__________________
Team Kyosho, Team Epic, IDM Engines, J-Tech racing fuels, Airtronics, Superiorhobbies.com
Speedypeterb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2011, 04:50 AM   #329
Tech Rookie
 
Peppuccio's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Messina, ITALY
Posts: 15
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by speed6 View Post
Did not understand, can you explain in Italian since i can read very well.

Thanks

Also tonight i fitted the engine an RB RS line and the side belt is hitting the exhaust on he side not on top. Is this normal shall i add an extra washer in fron of the flywhel in order to push the engine more to the right?

Thanks
Provo a spiegarlo in italiano:
Il problema che il coperchio del differenziale (parte 14) forza nell'entrare nella sede ricavata sulla parte principale del differenziale stesso (parte 13) perch il piccolo gradino presente sul diametro interno del coperchio pi stretto della scanalatura che gira intorno il corpo principale del differenziale. Se provi a far combaciare le due parti prima ancora di posizionale i componenti interni, noterai che stringendo con le mani il coperchio (14) sul corpo del differenziale (13) il coperchio entra dal un lato della circonferenza ma si solleva dall'altro. Devi quindi carteggiare leggermente il gradino interno che gira sulla circonferenza del coperchio (14) per ridurlo fino a che lo stesso entra sul corpo principale (13) senza forzare.
Spero di essermi spiegato.
Fammi sapere e buon lavoro.
Attached Thumbnails
Kyosho v-one r4!!!!-r4.jpg  
__________________
Kyosho R4 - Novarossi Flash factory tuned

Last edited by Peppuccio; 05-10-2011 at 05:22 AM.
Peppuccio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2011, 05:40 AM   #330
Tech Master
 
barg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 1,205
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to barg
Default

Any updates on when the hardened diff gears are coming out?
__________________
XRAY NT1-2015 Spec | Max Power Engines | KO KIY EX10 | Protoform | Matrix Tires | XRAY X12-16

HEI International | www.hobbyexpress.com.au
www.nswrcrcc.com
barg is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
**NSWRCRCC Inc. - Moorebank On-Road** VenomWorldOrder Australian Racing 11447 11-30-2017 04:03 AM
Kyosho FW-05R Finnitro Nitro On-Road 5443 02-07-2017 11:10 AM
Kyosho V-ONE RRR EVO 2 boy2rc Nitro On-Road 2803 10-04-2014 12:50 PM
Kyosho V One Series Prototype (;) nikoskar Nitro On-Road 78 12-16-2010 04:07 AM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 05:34 AM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net