ROAR Elections for President coming soon

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

ROAR Elections for President coming soon

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2010, 12:05 AM
Tech Fanatic

Well last post was in June and now the Nominations are open for the Roar President election anyone know who is officially running for this office?
Old 08-27-2010, 12:41 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

David Larry for ROAR President !!!
Old 09-18-2010, 06:32 PM
Tech Regular

Arrow NVSRC Club

Originally Posted by Team Kamikaze

I'll Vote David Larry! ROAR President!!
Old 09-18-2010, 07:38 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Team Kamikaze
Old 09-19-2010, 03:47 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 91 (100%+)

Dave's got my vote A+ class act for the hobby & the racers
Old 09-19-2010, 04:18 PM
Tech Elite

I agree!!! DAVID LARRY IS THE MAN!!! HE HAS MY VOTE!!!
Old 09-19-2010, 07:12 PM
rjr
Tech Adept

I think it's great we have a couple people interested in being President but, I think JD Crow has a wider breadth of experience. Please consider voting for JD.

Also, don't forget this thread:
http://www.rctech.net/forum/racing-f...president.html
Old 09-19-2010, 07:59 PM
Tech Adept

ROAR needs a new leadership, somebody able to delegate, to let the people involved and with expertise in each class take care of the rules and improvements, to bring harmony to our sport and to find ways to make each class growing. We need new fresh blood.

My vote go for Mr. Larry.
Old 09-19-2010, 08:46 PM
Tech Addict

I don't know anything about the politics and the structure or ROAR, but I do agree with the posts a couple pages back mentioning the strict rules adhered to by some tracks on the club level. That is the #1 problem I can see. Some people really can't go to more than one track, can't travel an hour or two between different ones. They just aren't into it enough to do that. They obviously aren't going to be competing for national titles and they should not, IMO, be made to feel like they are. I understand that some rules need to be met but club racers, specifically the beginners should be given more leeway in car setups. If they are welcomed more openly and allowed to simply have some fun, who knows how much they will get into it. You never know, that kid who is not that good and can't setup the weight and ride height etc might get into it so much that he learns how to do it just to win and he will do well. Maybe he will go to another track sometime and do well. Maybe he'll just progress beyond what we initially thought. If he is told he cannot race at the club level because his car doesn't pass some rule specs he might not ever come back. I don't think many tracks are like this for local events, but I can see it as a problem in some cases. I used to race BMX and we had certain rules under the sanctioning body. Sometimes they made no sense for the beginners and they couldn't race at certain tracks because they followed the rules to the letter. Other tracks allowed some variations for events that were not counted toward a series or event. That went a long way.
Old 09-20-2010, 08:33 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Mr. David Larry has my vote!
Old 09-20-2010, 08:43 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)
Default Roar elections

David Larry for president!
Huge fan base from So. Ca. for David Larry for president!
Old 09-20-2010, 02:21 PM
Tech Adept

i'm from the misdwest and i would like to know who david larry is i don't recognize the name and have never heard of him any info
Old 09-20-2010, 02:57 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by gomer3245
i'm from the misdwest and i would like to know who david larry is i don't recognize the name and have never heard of him any info
This should tell you about me.

http://www.sgrid.com/cgi-bin/backtalk/peekffroad,203

Any questions please email or ask here.
Old 09-20-2010, 04:14 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)
Default ROAR ELECTIONS

Originally Posted by dlarry
This should tell you about me.

http://www.sgrid.com/cgi-bin/backtalk/peekffroad,203

Any questions please email or ask here.

Good luck David. Everyone I have spoken to here in So Ca. and Nevada is really pulling for you
Old 09-20-2010, 07:40 PM
Tech Champion

Default David Larry to run for ROAR President

This is what it is on SGRID:

David Larry to run for ROAR President

David Larry with Doug McNeely at the Homestead Miami Speedway track,
home of the 2011 IFMAR World Championships.

David Larry (left) at the FORGASS Race #1 September 12, 2010

The answer from David is a breath of fresh air. Yes, he is willing to run, but the platform he wants to run on is that of "THE COMMON SENSE PLATFORM". David wants to follow through on what Phil Hurd tried to do years ago when Phil held the office of ROAR President. Rather than try to run those parts of the racing scene that is not familiar with, Phil said that he would not do any of that. What Phil wanted, and what David now wants, is for a group of racers in every segment of the racing scene to put together a committee, that will decide on the future rules for their class. This applies to all the classes both in electric and fuel.

As David would do it, an initial group of people (selected from each field of racing) would set up each of these committees. The committees then will decide on adding new members to the committee, and will select a spokesperson who will submit their reports and suggestions to ROAR. David's view is that the RACERS should be making the decisions about what they want, and should not be spoken down to by a select group of people deciding what is best for them. To avoid this, the committees will be created from the racers actively involved in their part of R/C racing, who are best suited to represent their interests. There will be no more electric racers evaluating rules for fuel events, or vice versa.

Each of the committees will decide how many members they should have to best represent their part of the racing scene. There will be a mix of people in each committee, with members chosen from all over the country, including importers/distributors, those who manage race events, and most of all, people who are actively involved in the racing scene. Since ROAR would be asked to "rubber stamp" what the committees come up with, those proposals would be made public to all ROAR members. The goal is to have each committee actively support their segment of the R/C racing scene.

David's email is mailto:[email protected]. Feel free to respond back to him directly, or to post your views and comments in the discussion topics soon to follow on all the various R/C forums and conferences.

The following information is from David Larry:

My name is David Larry and I have been asked to run for ROAR President. I am the current Region 4 Director.

A little history about myself. I have been racing since 2001. I have built my own track in Punta Gorda, Florida. I am a member of the Red Cup Racing Crew which runs one of the Biggest Races in the US The Florida Winternats. I have had the privilege announcing the Winternats for the last few years. I currently am the FORGASS Secretary/Treasurer and will be going on my 5th term. FORGASS is the Florida On Road Gas State Series here in Florida. This is one of the longest running series in the US. I also run in the FSEARA Electric Series. I am probably most known for my wife's brownies that I take to all the big races.

Florida has some of the best tracks and racers in the US. Our tracks include The Civic Center in Fort Myers, KRaceway in Kissimmee, Home to the 1/8th Scale Worlds in 2011 Homestead RC Raceway in Homestead and being built right now a new track in Arcadia. Our Florida racers include: DJ Apolaro, Paolo Morganti, Scotty Gray, Joaquin DeSoto, Tony Rice, Jim Rice, Eduardo Cabal, Art Carbonell, Roniel Regalado, Sean Lue, Kevin Hutchinson, Rafael Angulo, Dave Bowser, Michael Bruce, Jeff Brown, TJ Bradley, Robbie Michael, Austin Harrison, Felix law and just moving back Chris Tosolini. Florida is one of the biggest regions in ROAR.

Being a successful business owner I understand what it takes to have a direction and plan to grow. I believe ROAR needs a face lift. It has been run by basically the same people for many years. I believe the Region Races need to be something bigger. With regards to the RMT. I think ROAR wastes to much money on this. If a track cannot handle a National Event then why give it to them. ROAR needs only to send one member of the RMT to oversee the race. Qualifying points may be good for Off Road but for On-Road is best suited with Rocket round well, lets just say has anyone seen these at an On-Road Worlds Event?

These are just a few ideas I have. I am not much of a writer. I grew up in the restaurant business.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.