Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Dax suspension

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2010, 01:27 PM
Suspended

Originally Posted by Roelof
Although the game is not over you are compleetly right, it is nothing, it will not work, it is not innovative and it is stupid for a company like Serpent to build such a system. Your observation of my driving is compleetly right, although my laptimes are faster I did become slower in the corners.....

And the Shepherd is the best car to have. I did found this on another forum about the brands used on the current standing:

Yes, Shepherd is leading the list, and there is no Serpent in front of a Shepherd, Even the complaining Xray customers wanting a NT2 because the NT1 is outdated are compleetly right as also all Mugen drivers waiting for a MTX5 because the MTX4R is very outdated.
No there is no Serpent or Shepherd leading the list and if you cant stand any negative reactions here, its better to not post at all then Roelof. I also do not understand what al this rubbish has to do with my post.

Originally Posted by Bart_Banaan
And rightfully so, the sarcasm is well used. PMS is over-negative...
Dear Jaap, I am not over-negative but speaking out of expariance... dont think this is not tested before as far as I recall about 2 years ago by some guys who tend to drive WC finals but that was 1:8 scale.

Maybe it could work on 1:10, I have no experiance with that.
So thats why "lets wait and see", nothing over-nagative about that.
Old 07-31-2010, 02:03 PM
Tech Lord

Originally Posted by PMSorber
No there is no Serpent or Shepherd leading the list and if you cant stand any negative reactions here, its better to not post at all then Roelof. I also do not understand what al this rubbish has to do with my post.
Do not talk if you are experienced, you are not. How can you tell my speed in the corners were slowed down if my laptimes are better, that must come from somewhere and for sure not from the parts between the corners.....

If you do know it all so well, come with names and brands, it is very simple to say you know all but do not give any prove. If it did not work then why are there better results with me and my friend? Why did Serpent introduce it at the WC?
I can only imagine that your guys did do something wrong......
Or maybe we are thinking to complex while a kid can drive with it into the finals......
Old 07-31-2010, 03:03 PM
Suspended

Its going to sound a bit like "who has the bigger balls"...
Lets see what the next years will bring Roelof, and remember... no results no market. Keep up the "good" work!
Old 08-01-2010, 03:22 PM
Tech Initiate

It's not about balls or brands, it's about a piece of techic what is beeing used. Let's wait and see if it can bring some extra. Ones the guys are back from the wild west and it becomes available it will be tested. Even as we speak somebody already made it for his NT1 and will test it.

If the system really works others will adapt. Maybe when the NT2, MRX5, Velox V11 and V2-RRRRRRRRRR will have it or at least will have it as an option, it proved to be something to keep close by.
Old 08-02-2010, 04:19 PM
Tech Rookie

Though this suspension system permits constant camber, it is a dependent suspension so when the suspension is force to jaunce a lot you loose grip. This suspension is probably only competetive on really smooth tracks and also probably works better on larger cars.
Old 08-23-2010, 12:59 PM
Suspended

Any positive progress with Dax lately?
Old 08-24-2010, 02:47 AM
Tech Lord

You do believe it is not working so why the interest?

But I was forced to drive a race without it due much play what was not the cause of less grip in the previous race, if we did get rain I would have mounted it again because then even with some play there are huge advantages. After rebuilding the rear end it was clear the driveshaft pins did create a huge sleeve into the wheel axles and that was just from the last time. I know it is heavy for the pins because I had to replace them more often, not that strange with a solid rear shaft and 2 wheels steady on the ground.

The drawings of the needed part is already at the factory and when they have the time they will create some in a smal production. Drawings are in the attachements.
Attached Thumbnails Dax suspension-daxarm2.png   Dax suspension-daxarm.png  
Old 08-24-2010, 04:22 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

the system seems great as it eliminates camber gain and keeps the wheels on flat on the ground.

how do you think this system will work on a 1/10?

although this system seems great, what about the effects of 1 wheel bump as the suspension works dependent on each other.
Old 08-24-2010, 04:57 AM
Tech Lord

This system works the same as the Serpent DLS system with only a better working as an anti rollbar. With the links also comming from the upper wishbone and keepng the wheel flat on the surface the system is more pulling from and pushing to the other side.

It creates understeer you have to solve with the front but you can take away the rear trimstrip and set less toe-in at the rear creating a faster acceleration and more speed. Due the huge grip you can go on full throttle out of a corner wthout losing the rear end (OK, there are limits...) but the only bad thing to learn to live with is it going wide out of the corner.

Bump up one wheel can be tricky. The other wheel will lost his flat connetion making the car a bit unstable, some play in the system seems to eliminate it a bit. Running on a flat track avoiding the curbs and dots you should not notice one thing.
Old 08-24-2010, 05:05 AM
Tech Fanatic

how about independent suspension?

instead of running the link to the opposite wheel. run a short tierod up, so it only affects the single wheel camber.... if u get what i mean
Old 08-24-2010, 05:29 AM
Tech Lord

Something like the Michelin OPS system used on the mid 90's Renault F1 cars?
Old 08-24-2010, 06:15 AM
Tech Fanatic

just a quick drawing i did with paint

so there will be no camber gain, and will work in conjunction with antiroll bar when cornering etc.

Old 08-24-2010, 07:43 AM
Tech Lord

Interesting, almost the same principle but less influence from the other side. I do not know if that is good or bad but it does eliminate a bit the unstable becomming car on the bumps if only one side takes the bump. Try to put it into a 3D simulation software. I know there is a program called SUSPROG which can calculate suspensions but I doubt it can work with these kind of setups.

Another driver in the Dutch championship did create a different geometry on the rear end with just a dubble whisbone setup. He will keep both wheels steady and straight on the ground when the chassis makes a roll. Only when the chassis is going up and down the geometry is losing it. With the 1/8 cars the body is not pushing on the chassis and so the chassis will stay on a certain height making it work.
Old 08-26-2010, 03:40 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default Dax / DLS / V-Cam

Wow, Roelof this system is really getting popular, I am now seeing it being tested on the front end.

V-Cam

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.
Old 08-26-2010, 03:48 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Interesting, though I don't think it's really needed at the front since we don't have front brakes.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.