Wiki Posts
Search

Dax suspension

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2010, 08:20 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 89 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Roelof
And a small movie. I wish I had a better camera....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U_w5FCDKbHM

But you can see the car is stable and following nice curves through the corners.
Good stuff.... Roelof.... Keep up the good work

Pass you soon...
Old 07-27-2010, 11:29 PM
Tech Lord

The system workrs with an 8th scale car but the differences:
- on full throttle going out of the corner you will get a lot of understeer with the result that the car does drift to the outside and that does need some different way of driving.
- you have to find a lot of steer like with running 32/35 shore tires, short chassis etc.
- you can run a low placed body without gurney strip giving better topspeeds (and better looks)

These differences are the same my friend with his 1/5 car noticed, the dsame driving while he is running 2wd and a diff. I wonder if the 733 has the same things.
Old 07-28-2010, 10:39 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

thinking of designing something like this for the rrr to test out.
Old 07-29-2010, 02:19 AM
Suspended

Default Faster?

Now wait and see if it is faster, if the Serpent 733 option pays off...
Up to now I did not see any faster laps with DAX (1/10 and 1/8).
Old 07-29-2010, 02:25 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by PMSorber
Now wait and see if it is faster, if the Serpent 733 option pays off...
Up to now I did not see any faster laps with DAX (1/10 and 1/8).
hm, thats true!..

lets wait for the times first.
Old 07-29-2010, 02:33 AM
Tech Initiate

Times over a single lap may be interesting, but of course that's not the complete story. In 10th scale a lot of drivers have issues with the rear tires wearing much faster than the front tyres. If the DAX system does as promised and reduces rear tyre wear, this could make for a much more constant car during longer finals.
Old 07-29-2010, 03:53 AM
Tech Lord

The main question is if a toplevel driver can get more out of it. Als Tossolini decided to run with what he knows is his good right and I think a good choice. The guys getting it there have never driven with it and if the style is the same as me and my friend noticed then the car is different in driving and so there is a learning proces. With the free timed sessions I believe Salven (the only one with a lot of test time) had a 4th time with 35 laps so there is potential.
Are todays cars faster than 20 years back? I do not think so because the concept of an 1/8 had never changed, due beter setup possibillities todays cars are much easier to drive and that same issue is with this, it does take away some advanced setup options (like rollcenter) and you do get more grip.

I am the only 1/8 driver running such a system and my laptimes are improved this year. I think it is not up to others to tell their experience about this system in 1/8 cars because they have none!

If the rain will go on and the finals have to be driven in the rain then there is a huge advantage with this system and it would be wise not to think bad about this system.
Old 07-29-2010, 05:06 AM
Suspended

A system is only good if its results in wins, has nothing to do with thinking bad. I welcome all new developments but it will only result in sales if it brings something (read "faster").

From what I have seen while Roelof driving is a better smoother cornering. This could result in better laptimes due to a more ballanced car. On the other side I have also noticed that the cornering is (seems) slower than with a conventional system.
Old 07-29-2010, 10:44 AM
Tech Lord

Although the game is not over you are compleetly right, it is nothing, it will not work, it is not innovative and it is stupid for a company like Serpent to build such a system. Your observation of my driving is compleetly right, although my laptimes are faster I did become slower in the corners.....

And the Shepherd is the best car to have. I did found this on another forum about the brands used on the current standing:
1. Xray
2. Xray
3. Kyosho
4. Mugen
5. Xray
6. Serpent
7. Shepherd
8. Mugen
9. Mugen
10. Shepherd
11. Team Magic
12. Xray
13. Xray
14. Serpent
15. Xray
16. Mugen
17. Serpent
18. Serpent
19 Shepherd

Yes, Shepherd is leading the list, and there is no Serpent in front of a Shepherd, Even the complaining Xray customers wanting a NT2 because the NT1 is outdated are compleetly right as also all Mugen drivers waiting for a MTX5 because the MTX4R is very outdated.
Old 07-29-2010, 11:04 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

You only say that because it wasnt mugen or shepard who came up with it first, if it had been mugen you would be all over the place saying how great it is. Sepent haters...
Old 07-29-2010, 11:22 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Well, many could make the argument that Toso (not using it) is Serpent's best driver yet he has so far been out-qualified by his team mate who IS using the system.
Old 07-29-2010, 12:11 PM
rjr
Tech Adept

Default chill

Don't be so defensive of Serpent. Reread the whole thread and I'm sure you'll see Roelof is throwing a little (a lot) sarcasm at PMSorber.

Originally Posted by nitrodude
You only say that because it wasnt mugen or shepard who came up with it first, if it had been mugen you would be all over the place saying how great it is. Sepent haters...
Old 07-29-2010, 12:28 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by rjr
Don't be so defensive of Serpent. Reread the whole thread and I'm sure you'll see Roelof is throwing a little (a lot) sarcasm at PMSorber.
And rightfully so, the sarcasm is well used. PMS is over-negative...
Old 07-29-2010, 12:53 PM
rjr
Tech Adept

Now that's funny... PMS.

Originally Posted by Bart_Banaan
And rightfully so, the sarcasm is well used. PMS is over-negative...
Old 07-29-2010, 01:25 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

One Sahashi brother in top 4.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.