Search

Capricorn LAB-C01

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2011, 02:35 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by blackyblackman
Hi!

Did someone use these shims ('Belleville' springs) in a Capricorn LAB-C01 WCE clutch??

http://www.rctek.com/cars/pb/dart/mo...de_clutch.html

If yes, how much shims did i have to use??
10 or 12?
And how much is the pre-load?

I have testet it with 12 shims and a preload of 0,3-0,4, but it works not really good!!

Any suggestion??

Regards,

Michael
Is there really a need to use disc springs in Capricorn clutches. Aren't disc springs heavier than coil springs? Capricorn clutches are intentionally made as light as possible, and that's one reason why they are better. We already have the best clutches in the RC world, and there are a multitude of coil springs from all manufacturers to choose from. Most; if not all the drivers in the Worlds 2010 final used Capricorn clutches, and I doubt that there were any disc springs in their clutches. But it would be interesting to hear from someone that can enlighten me further on this issue?

Kindest regards,
Lars.
Old 05-20-2011, 06:04 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Chickentrader
Is there really a need to use disc springs in Capricorn clutches. Aren't disc springs heavier than coil springs? Capricorn clutches are intentionally made as light as possible, and that's one reason why they are better. We already have the best clutches in the RC world, and there are a multitude of coil springs from all manufacturers to choose from. Most; if not all the drivers in the Worlds 2010 final used Capricorn clutches, and I doubt that there were any disc springs in their clutches. But it would be interesting to hear from someone that can enlighten me further on this issue?

Kindest regards,
Lars.
I have a set to try, if I find the time I might try it tomorrow.
I already tested it in a Nova Basic N12T1 engine and the results were very good.
You can also alter the stiffness and character of the spring by changing the orientation of the belleville rings.
Like this is the softest: ><><><><
Like this it's harder: >>><<<><

Smaller changes can be made by altering the preload.
Old 05-22-2011, 06:04 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Joehwee
Hi guys

Can someone tell me what is the difference between the yellow, red and the older green clutch shoes?

TIA
Any update?
Old 05-23-2011, 03:13 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Joehwee
Any update?
The yellow and green shoes are older versions, currently I would recommend the red shoe anytime as it gives the best performance.
Old 05-23-2011, 08:39 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by DS Motorsport
I have a set to try, if I find the time I might try it tomorrow.
I already tested it in a Nova Basic N12T1 engine and the results were very good.
You can also alter the stiffness and character of the spring by changing the orientation of the belleville rings.
Like this is the softest: ><><><><
Like this it's harder: >>><<<><

Smaller changes can be made by altering the preload.
Hi!

Any Update??
Have you test it last weekend??

I had no time last weekend to practice, perhaps i will test it today..!

Black
Old 05-24-2011, 06:42 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (94%+)

Congrats on your win DJ at the recent Kosmic Gp

can you please post your setup pleasE?

thanks!
Old 05-25-2011, 02:03 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by mrgsr
Congrats on your win DJ at the recent Kosmic Gp

can you please post your setup pleasE?

thanks!
Here you go. The traction was high just so you know. I also used the stock springs and tested the reds, but the stock ones were better. Even thought the track was bumpy the stock springs made the car produce faster lap time. I just had to watch my driving line a little closer and make the track as short as possible.

DJ Apolaro
Attached Files
Old 05-28-2011, 04:08 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (94%+)

Which Ackerman plate is the more Ackerman ?
10 11 or 12?
Old 05-30-2011, 12:40 AM
TMF
Tech Initiate

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.
Old 05-30-2011, 05:21 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by TMF
+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

is it a video from Auto Paris Show 2011?
Old 05-30-2011, 06:09 AM
TMF
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by GREGORY!
is it a video from Auto Paris Show 2011?
Nooo it's my 1st home made video
Old 05-30-2011, 08:51 PM
Tech Regular

i had a 35 min main and 15 minutes in minutes in my brakes started to fade. Is there a issue with the brake pads , or maby my servo started to fade?
Old 06-01-2011, 10:43 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by SlowPushin
i had a 35 min main and 15 minutes in minutes in my brakes started to fade. Is there a issue with the brake pads , or maby my servo started to fade?
If pads and disc are brand new, use very fine ( almost dead ) abrasive paper as DJ says.

Also check 2 screws holding pads. Those screws get loose. I used some threadlock to solve the problem.
Old 06-01-2011, 11:03 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by 1nsane
If pads and disc are brand new, use very fine ( almost dead ) abrasive paper as DJ says.

Also check 2 screws holding pads. Those screws get loose. I used some threadlock to solve the problem.
The red Capricorn brake pads don't fade in our experience. We often race on narrow track with tight corners, where fading brakes is common, and we have never had that problem. Try changing your servo. The bolts need threadlock to stay steady when the thread in the bulkhead gets worn in, and the bolts are starting to turn too easy.

Kindest regards,
Lars.
Old 06-21-2011, 10:07 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default Cap Set-up Help

After reading every thread on the hottest touring cars I decided to purchase this car. Please dont flame my for this, but there are not onroad track were im from so we drag race the cars. Its not just parking lot racing we actually use a real timimg (Pro-Tree 400) system for ET and MPH. The distance is 132ft. start to finish. All of my competition runs MTX 3 with .21 motors on them. The surface is untreated so foam tires do not work bc of all the power we are putting down. We use rubber tires.

I will not put a .21 motor on this car unless i absolutely have to. I figured with the light weight components on this car I can get away with running a drag modd TZ .18.

Ok>>That's the snap shot, heres what I need for my application:

What gearing and pulleys should I use? (We tend to gear more to the top side bc of the power of these motors)

Overall total set-up..i.e..Rear tow, camber, caster, shock position,

Whats the best body to run? I ordered the ISF body, but was thinking about the toyota GT one.

Ride height?

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated. Thanks to Sam, the kit should arrive today. I will start building tonight.

Thanks,

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.