Wiki Posts
Search

Capricorn LAB-C01

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2011, 06:53 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by 1nsane
Exatcly what I did.

DJ how do you setup 2 speed shifting point with very high tire wear?

Thank you
With bigger tires you will have to start with the 2speed a little looser than with smaller tires. This will cause the car to shift early toward the end of the run, but if not you will burn the clutch up and run the motor hot at the beginning.

DJ Apolaro
Old 05-07-2011, 01:06 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by dj apolaro
With bigger tires you will have to start with the 2speed a little looser than with smaller tires. This will cause the car to shift early toward the end of the run, but if not you will burn the clutch up and run the motor hot at the beginning.

DJ Apolaro
Thanks DJ.

I want to ask you something more general. When do you decide to change roll centers?
Old 05-07-2011, 03:22 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by 1nsane
Thanks DJ.

I want to ask you something more general. When do you decide to change roll centers?
It depends on how much traction I want to have at the end of the car. Also how fast I want the car to respond going in, coming out or at speed. I use the roll center to gain traction or loose traction at a certain spot. Roll center affects your ability to carry corner speed. The more you have to slow down the car for the turn the less corner speed. You want the carry the speed without loosing traction in the rear. I start with the roll centers in the middle position front and rear and adjust if needed based what i want the car to do.

If I need more rear bite I will lower the lower pins all the way down to see if it helps. If I went to far than I go back to the middle. In the front if I want more steering going in or better response side to side, I will lower the upper pins. If I need more at speed steering or on power steering i will raise the pins. I also will raise the pins if the car is having a problem traction rolling going in the turns.

Hope this helps,

DJ
Old 05-13-2011, 08:51 AM
Tech Rookie

Hey guys,
I ordered from capricorns site and wondering if they are open? I have sent an email and no one responded.

If anyone can help i would appreciated
Old 05-13-2011, 06:30 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

guys, i have some brand new and used parts for sale for cap lab c01 on the for sale forum.
Old 05-14-2011, 01:28 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by capcrazy
Hey guys,
I ordered from capricorns site and wondering if they are open? I have sent an email and no one responded.

If anyone can help i would appreciated
dear Sir
we are to italian championship 1\8
can you tell me the number of the order
thanks
Old 05-14-2011, 09:47 AM
Tech Champion

It depends on how much traction I want to have at the end of the car. Also how fast I want the car to respond going in, coming out or at speed. I use the roll center to gain traction or loose traction at a certain spot. Roll center affects your ability to carry corner speed. The more you have to slow down the car for the turn the less corner speed. You want the carry the speed without loosing traction in the rear. I start with the roll centers in the middle position front and rear and adjust if needed based what i want the car to do.

If I need more rear bite I will lower the lower pins all the way down to see if it helps. If I went to far than I go back to the middle. In the front if I want more steering going in or better response side to side, I will lower the upper pins. If I need more at speed steering or on power steering i will raise the pins. I also will raise the pins if the car is having a problem traction rolling going in the turns.

Hope this helps,

DJ
Hello, I'm from mugen's thread.

2nd paragraph is the one I've been looking for.

Great info

So If I want to carry higher cornering speed ( while my finger is doing off throttle or medium throttle, and I expect minimal pushing ),

Should I increase the height of lower rear hinge pins even higher ?

Should I also increase the height of upper front hinge pins too ? .... ( you already said so in the above..... I'm just want to hear it twice from the expert )

Thanks DJ.
Old 05-15-2011, 06:12 PM
Tech Regular

What is the part # for the stock clutch flyweights in the 2010 kit? Is it cap-414
Old 05-15-2011, 09:13 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (94%+)
Default hardened pinions

hi guys has anyone found some hardened pinions for this car?
the first gear is starting to look worn after its 2nd club day of racing?
Old 05-16-2011, 09:28 AM
Tech Initiate

Default 1/10 capricon kit LAB-c01

hye.I form Malaysia.
I want to sell my 1/10 gas car capricon kit.
really in superbcond.
full hopup.Like EC edition..9.5/10.used for 3 month(just play more then 10 tymes)never been in accdent..no tyme to play.
COD-kl
rm150.
1,500.00 MYR=615.530 SGD
fullhopup..u wont regret.
zharif-0172112549
email [email protected]
(im selling the kit without servor)
tq..
Attached Thumbnails Capricorn LAB-C01-dscn1765.jpg   Capricorn LAB-C01-dscn1766.jpg   Capricorn LAB-C01-dscn1767.jpg  
Old 05-17-2011, 06:16 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (94%+)

Thanks DJ very informative

My car is doing great so far. In low grip when qualifying starts the car is awesome yet when the grip comes up I get a fair bit of on power push and off throttle it turns very sharp. I have taken your advice to raise the front upper arm roll centre

Setup is stock except I'm using xray silver spring. Rear bottom arm roll centre in lowest position. Shocks are in 2nd hole from bottom. Capricorn cruser body. 37 sh tires all round

Hope this helps,

DJ
Old 05-19-2011, 06:21 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Hi guys

Can someone tell me what is the difference between the yellow, red and the older green clutch shoes?

TIA
Old 05-19-2011, 06:30 PM
Tech Rookie

Default receiver box mod

[QUOTE=blackyblackman;9016071][IMG]
This solution above is not safe??
I use it since 1,5 years in nearly 25 races across Germany, France, Luxembourg and Italy; plus many practice sessions...!
This "solution" has nearly 19 litres through and alive some rollover, crashes and hard bumps!
No problem!

But today i make an update:

Regards,

Michael

---------------------------------------

what carbon fiber part did you use to mount the receiver box to the top deck?
Old 05-20-2011, 10:04 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Tristano
what carbon fiber part did you use to mount the receiver box to the top deck?
Hi!

It was a piece i found somewhere in my hobbyroom!!
I cut two stripes, round the edges and bore two holes!

Thats all!

Michael
Old 05-20-2011, 10:18 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default 'Belleville' springs

Hi!

Did someone use these shims ('Belleville' springs) in a Capricorn LAB-C01 WCE clutch??

http://www.rctek.com/cars/pb/dart/mo...de_clutch.html

If yes, how much shims did i have to use??
10 or 12?
And how much is the pre-load?

I have testet it with 12 shims and a preload of 0,3-0,4, but it works not really good!!

Any suggestion??

Regards,

Michael

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.