Search

Capricorn LAB-C01

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2010, 08:08 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by marsque
Hi all,

Just finish building my kit. Just wondering, where can i get parts for it?
My location is Singapore. Anyone could help me???
I think rcmarket would be the best option for you:

http://rcmarket.com.hk/index.php?cPath=51_99_274_275

TeamC is the asian distributer, you might want to ask them what is the best way to get parts:

http://www.teamcracing.net/
Old 10-04-2010, 10:08 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by DS Motorsport
I think rcmarket would be the best option for you:

http://rcmarket.com.hk/index.php?cPath=51_99_274_275

TeamC is the asian distributer, you might want to ask them what is the best way to get parts:

http://www.teamcracing.net/
Tks for the info. Will chk out their website. Tks again
Old 10-05-2010, 05:48 AM
Tech Adept

Are the stock shock springs same as the NT1, except the color of course? How about spring options?
Old 10-05-2010, 06:33 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by jarkkom
Are the stock shock springs same as the NT1, except the color of course? How about spring options?
The rear springs are close to the light purple xray springs (29LB/inch vs 30LB/inch) according to my calculations.
The fronts (34LB/Inch) are a bit harder as the light purple xray springs (33Lb/inch) but softer as the purple ones(35.5 LB/Inch).

Currently Capricorn doesn't have any other springs besides the kit springs, until now I haven't felt like trying other springs though. The car is very well sprung/damped in it's stock form, it handles bumps/curbs very well, and the weight transfer during braking/acceleration is good as well.

During the EC they used dark blue xray springs, I think I will stick with the stock and Xray springs as I already have those and know when to use which one.

Last edited by DS Motorsport; 10-05-2010 at 06:54 AM. Reason: Mistake
Old 10-05-2010, 06:37 AM
Tech Regular

Im informed that Martin Christensen used Dark blue xray springs.
I am using 3 sets of springs, DB and Pink by xray and stock ones.
Old 10-05-2010, 06:55 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by musti72
Im informed that Martin Christensen used Dark blue xray springs.
I am using 3 sets of springs, DB and Pink by xray and stock ones.
You're right, somehow I thought there were light blue kyosho springs on the car, but in the pictures it's pretty clear they are dark blue xray springs.
Old 10-05-2010, 06:17 PM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

I must say this car is sweet once you work out all the bugs. Has any one tried the nt1 shocks and compaired them to the Capricorn shocks? Are the Capricorn shocks the same as serpent? I have yet to build the Capricorn shocks because I like the plastic body shocks. Also what are people's opinion on the hard tuned engines and what temps do you run at?
Old 10-06-2010, 08:43 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by JHinds
I must say this car is sweet once you work out all the bugs. Has any one tried the nt1 shocks and compaired them to the Capricorn shocks? Are the Capricorn shocks the same as serpent? I have yet to build the Capricorn shocks because I like the plastic body shocks. Also what are people's opinion on the hard tuned engines and what temps do you run at?
I like the Capricorn shocks a lot better as the Xray shocks. With the Xray shocks, especially the aluminum ones, you have to perform all sorts of special tricks (different o-rings, bladders) to get a good shockabsorber.

With the Capricorn shocks I had 4 perfectly identical shocks on the first try.
So build them asap, and you will never use the xray shocks again.

Currently I'm using a Lab E01 BC engine, this is a tuned version.
It's the most powerful engine I have had thus far and the fastest engine running in our national series. Pretty much everyone is impressed about the power it makes, and are asking if they can borrow it from me.
So yes I would say that they are good engines, Capricorn advices to run the engine on 90C + the ambient temperature, so 120C if it is 30C outside, for my engine this has been an very good guideline.
Old 10-06-2010, 02:01 PM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

DS MOTORSPORT thanks for the input. Capricorn told me those engines are a novarossi flash with a tuned crank. The flash is a sweet engine so I couldn't imagine how that runs
Old 10-12-2010, 02:26 PM
Tech Master

Last weekend we had the last round of our club championship (Mach Heemstede).
I still had a very good chance of being club-champion, the difference between me and the championship leader was only 1 point.

Saturday practice went very well, the track was in a pretty good condition because of the amount of cars on track.
The car was dialed the minute it hit the track, in my third run I matched my personal best within 1/100 of a second. Note this was only my third day with the car on my home track.

On sunday I endured some engine issues, today I discovered caused by a damaged carburetor o-ring, so I had to switch to my spare engine for the main final. Because of the engine issues I only managed to qualify in 7th spot.
Car wasn't as good as with the Lab engine (simply lacking power) but it was drivable again.

After the start I was already in third place and was quickly catching second.
Right after the first fuelstops I was leading the race, however during the fuelstop my pitman told me the championship leader already crashed out and I decided to lower the pace a bit, and cruise to the finish in third place. Didn't want to make a mistake and damage the car as I don't have any spares yet.

So with this third place I became the 2010 club champion.

Until now I've done around a 1000 laps with the car and the wear has been minimal.
No signs on the outdrives or driveshafts, gears and pulleys still look like new.
Plastic and ball links still have no play what so ever.

But something really impressed me were the shocks, saturday evening I decided to open up the shocks for the first time since I builded them.
They were still completely air free but want to check them because of the important race on sunday.
As most of you know after one day of running the shockoil turns greyish, especially the rears, because of the dirt which enters the shock along the shaft.
But with these shocks the oil was still completely clear.
This means the seal is pretty much perfect, and will leave you with a very reliable and consistent shock absorber.
Also the membranes were still like new, didn't were all swollen like the Xray ones do.

Setup remained the same as the one I posted earlier, only added 0.5mm of caster when I switched to the spare engine as this was causing overall understeer because of the lack of power.
Old 10-12-2010, 02:51 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Congrats DS
Old 10-12-2010, 02:57 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Good Job congrats!

I also had a very good day with the car on sat just club racing but hey its a blast no matter what the level the car handles great now after softening it up abit for the low traction parking lot with crazy amounts of small turns.
i won my race and was only 2 laps down from the fast guys usually 3or 4 with the mugen my little wasp motor excellerates like that car just like the faster motors those guys are running. just need to work on skillz now the car couldnt be better
Old 10-12-2010, 03:17 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Roadrash730
Good Job congrats!

I also had a very good day with the car on sat just club racing but hey its a blast no matter what the level the car handles great now after softening it up abit for the low traction parking lot with crazy amounts of small turns.
i won my race and was only 2 laps down from the fast guys usually 3or 4 with the mugen my little wasp motor excellerates like that car just like the faster motors those guys are running. just need to work on skillz now the car couldnt be better
Good job Roadrash, try softer tires also and it should help more with the grip!!
Old 10-13-2010, 02:39 PM
Tech Adept

I am getting the bug for a sedan car. I like this car but i have heard many complains about how hard is to built, that you need special tools, a lot of rimmer, etc. Can some of you give an honest opinion about it?
Old 10-13-2010, 03:05 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 18 (95%+)

Originally Posted by miker2209
I am getting the bug for a sedan car. I like this car but i have heard many complains about how hard is to built, that you need special tools, a lot of rimmer, etc. Can some of you give an honest opinion about it?
i built mine fine you just have to take your time with it i kinda wish i didnt sell mine

Last edited by td-civ; 10-14-2010 at 12:05 AM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.