Wiki Posts
Search

Kyosho V-ONE RRR Shimo Edtion

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2010, 02:14 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by afm
Can you fit NT1 diffs as a direct bolt on on the RRR???, I´m aware that the front pulleys are the same but not the rear ones, right??, but what about bearing size and widht?, do I need to change CVD´s or dogbones??. If they do fit, can I use two front ones, and adapt a 42T pulley to thr rear one??

The best option would be to fit the front NT1 and the rear from Serpent 733 which has ame pulley size, but not sure if it will fit the RRR because it seems to be to narrow..

AFM
In short, buy the capricorn diffs (same as nt1 with plastic gears so they are lighter) and 10x18 bearings with some 10mm ID 0.01 thickness shims.

evo2 cvds should be fine, you have to use the 41t rear pulley, no way of getting around it. it changes that drive ratio from 2.0 to 1.95. Not much, so you basically run slightly larger front tires (0.3mm) to be equal.
Old 09-01-2010, 03:06 PM
afm
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Brian Bosley
In short, buy the capricorn diffs (same as nt1 with plastic gears so they are lighter) and 10x18 bearings with some 10mm ID 0.01 thickness shims.

evo2 cvds should be fine, you have to use the 41t rear pulley, no way of getting around it. it changes that drive ratio from 2.0 to 1.95. Not much, so you basically run slightly larger front tires (0.3mm) to be equal.
Thanks Brian, what about the rear belt, keep the 3R or use the Capricorn??

AFM
Old 09-01-2010, 05:30 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by afm
Thanks Brian, what about the rear belt, keep the 3R or use the Capricorn??

AFM
i run the xray belt, the kyosho belt is too sloppy and loose even when the eccentrics are moved all the way forward. with the xray belt, you have to move the eccentrics all the way back.

kyosho belt 180mm
xray belt 177mm

if you can find a belt that is in between 177-180, it would be perfect.

also to fit the diff in the rear, you will need abit of dremel loving because the diff is too wide.

also i use rear cvd's at the front because they are too short.
Old 09-01-2010, 05:42 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

does the xray diff caps have any difference in length-od?
i want to say,can someone use them in a xray diff?
Old 09-01-2010, 05:56 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by GREGORY!
does the xray diff caps have any difference in length-od?
i want to say,can someone use them in a xray diff?
the diff bearings used in xray are 10x16, kyosho is 12x18.
Old 09-01-2010, 06:31 PM
Tech Master

my mistake.i want to say the outdrives.front and rear.
Old 09-01-2010, 08:29 PM
Tech Adept

Default shimo

hey guys is going to be any big changes to car? thinking should I wait till next yr or get the car now?? Also whats the cheapest site you seen the car on ?
Old 09-01-2010, 09:22 PM
afm
Tech Master

Originally Posted by LiL_JaSoN
i run the xray belt, the kyosho belt is too sloppy and loose even when the eccentrics are moved all the way forward. with the xray belt, you have to move the eccentrics all the way back.

kyosho belt 180mm
xray belt 177mm

if you can find a belt that is in between 177-180, it would be perfect.

also to fit the diff in the rear, you will need abit of dremel loving because the diff is too wide.

also i use rear cvd's at the front because they are too short.
Thanks lil jason....everything is clear now

AFM
Old 09-01-2010, 10:33 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

have you tried switching over the eccentrics left to right
Old 09-02-2010, 12:56 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by shiston
have you tried switching over the eccentrics left to right

yes, when i mean moving eccentrics all the way forward, i dont mean just onto the first notch, i mean all the way forward till it touches the bulkhead
Old 09-02-2010, 10:13 AM
Tech Master

yes, when i mean moving eccentrics all the way forward, i dont mean just onto the first notch, i mean all the way forward till it touches the bulkhead
I am using the kyosho belt just because I had them, it is loose but it doesn't skip and doesn't seem to have accelerated wear at all. I have run about 40 tanks on the one rear belt (and the rest) so far with no problem.

The real problem was finding a high quality 10x18 bearing really, the rear bulkhead will have to be modified but you'll see it when you get it.. its not that hard but a kyosho diff will not fit in the same bulkhead without 12mm shims again but this was really a one way conversion for me.

About a new car, the shimo is good. I don't think kyosho is going to release anything anytime soon, if they do it would be that top deck and maybe some other small things we have seen from pictures of shimos cars over the past year. Their overall geometry has been the same for ages except for the minor SR rear hub revision and the addition of the +/-mm hexes that I don't use. The Shimo car also has the new coated shocks from the offroad cars so we are caught up there as well. Shimo's car itself had what appeared to me to be a stock drivetrain at the worlds so they are not doing anything major unless they are like mugen and putting the car on the back burner into well of next year. Companies usually debut stuff at the worlds.
Old 09-02-2010, 05:01 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Sorry what I meant was that as the eccentrics are labeled left and right, try switching them over, ie. put the left eccentric on the right side and the right eccentric on the left side.
Old 09-04-2010, 11:36 AM
Tech Adept

Hi,

which clutch is better:

from Kyosho VZW-229 or Capricorn CAP-400 or CAP-400 WCE?
Old 09-04-2010, 12:56 PM
Tech Master

use the smaller flywheel that you can find and grid down the motor mount.
Old 09-05-2010, 06:53 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by SebO
Hi,

which clutch is better:

from Kyosho VZW-229 or Capricorn CAP-400 or CAP-400 WCE?
the capricorn clutch is oem'd by sirio, i can get xceed stuff cheaper than cap or kyosho so i use xceed. xceeds bells are a bit different but everything else is the same (you can use the sirio bell on the capricorn and xceed, and the clutch shoes)

the cap wce is a different bell/shoe though, idm had one oem'd from them as well but the flywheel was still the same.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.