Wiki Posts
Search

Kyosho V-ONE RRR Shimo Edtion

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2009, 10:34 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default Kyosho V-ONE RRR Shimo Edtion

Kyosho is coming out with a new version of the RRR - The V-ONE RRR Shimo Edition, Kit #31264B, which will be available in January 2010.

More info here: http://www.kyoshoamerica.com/cars/in...part_num=31264

So what do you think of this car??
Old 12-17-2009, 10:44 AM
Tech Elite

http://kyosho.com/eng/products/rc/de...duct_id=105760
Old 12-17-2009, 10:49 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by rmdhawaii
Kyosho is coming out with a new version of the RRR - The V-ONE RRR Shimo Edition, Kit #31264B, which will be available in January 2010.

many upgrades...I will place my order the day it comes out and make it my official track only car. My current RRR will be demoted to club/parking lot racing.

The thing I love about Kyosho is that they stay with what works and their new kits will continue to use many of the old parts, especially all those that you break most often in crashes. This way we get the upgrades and get to keep using all those spare parts we have gathered throughout the years.

All the others require that you purchase the new kit, and all new parts.
"Evolution" at its finest.
Old 12-17-2009, 10:52 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Nice option parts comes with the car.

Last edited by Team Kamikaze; 12-20-2009 at 11:44 PM.
Old 12-17-2009, 11:09 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by rmdhawaii

I think the upgrades will improve the performance and racing durability of the car. It will be a good choice for the kyosho driver who has been running the evo2 since it came out and have a fresh care for 2010 season.
Old 12-17-2009, 11:54 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Team Kamikaze
Expect it to be in the $550.00 price range and is available based on prepaid pre-orders only, also was told by Kyosho that the quantity is limited.
Well if that's the case..........

You better place your orders before I do, lol
Old 12-17-2009, 01:26 PM
Tech Master

the front carbon body post brace is cool
Old 12-17-2009, 03:03 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Angry

I've had the carbon body post brace for years, thats nothing, I wish Shimo could have convinced kyosho to design some smaller diffs, atleast the front if not both, I really feel like thats all the RRR needs, then the kyosho would b killer!!!
Old 12-17-2009, 10:22 PM
Tech Master

Is that the reason why most people seem to run a front spool?

Haven't tried on the track that yet but on the table it seems to roll better than a front diff and I wonder if there's a difference..

Cheers
Old 12-18-2009, 12:20 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by MikaR
Is that the reason why most people seem to run a front spool?

Haven't tried on the track that yet but on the table it seems to roll better than a front diff and I wonder if there's a difference..

Cheers
The Nitro Knowledge Base has your answer:

Q: What is the difference between using a solid axle and a front differential?

A (AndyT):

A solid will have the same acceleration out of a corner that a front one-way has, as power is being applied evenly to both wheels. The diff may experience some "slipping"/uneven power distribution out of a corner and hence a front one-way or solid should accelerate faster. The diff should however provide more turn-in steering than a solid when off-power (fine tune this using different weight diff oils). The RRR`s drivetrain seems very durable, but a solid will place more strain on drivetrain components than either a diff or one-way.
Old 12-18-2009, 05:38 AM
Tech Addict

Default What??

Features

• Small Clutch Unit - Small diameter clutch unit and hard coated pinion gears are combined together to produce a sharp acceleration every time. Already running capicorn and sirio clutches!
  • Velvet Coated V-One Shocks - Kyosho is well known for silky smooth shocks and the new V-One shocks included with the new Shimo Edition are no exception. The velvet coated shock bodies feature a threaded spring pre-load collar for quick and easy adjustments. Don't help performance IMO!
  • Shimo Belt Tensioner - Features Shimo's special high-durability flanged type bearing belt tensioner. Don't help performance!
  • Vented Disk Brake - Lighter, stronger and high durability are some of the words to describe the new vented disk that is included with the Shimo V-ONE RRR. The new high-durability vented brake disk produces effective braking power over an extended period of time without brake fade. Already have a ventilated disk.
  • Multi Offset Clamp - The Shimo Edition uses multi offset clamp-type aluminum hexed wheel hubs, that give you a choice of 4 different offset settings. Easy way to change track width with no adjustments!
  • New 3mm Carbon Shock Tower - A new 3mm rear carbon shock tower has been developed to provide you with greater setting options. The new shock tower provides you with a choice of 9 shock mounting position. Already have!
  • Hard Anodized - Both 17T and 22T clutch pinions are hard anodized for a longer life and better wear. Already have!
  • Super Light Weight - Upper plate cut and shaped to remove unnecessary weight. Combines with dynamic main chassis for superior control on high-speed courses. Evo 2 is very cut out and light!
  • Universal Swing Shafts - Universals swing shafts both front and rear are included as standard equipment. This turns the drive train of the V-ONE RRR into a super efficient machine with no power loss. Already have front and rear!
  • Hard Pillow Balls - Hard pillow balls give you smooth action and longer life compared to standard pillow balls. Already have and light weight ones!
  • Rear Adjustable Stabilizer - The new rear adjustable stabilizer comes in the Shimo colors (silver). WOW! pretty!
  • SP Side Pulley Set - Another key feature is the SP Pulley Set that the Shimo Edition comes with as standard equipment. ???
  • Front Diff Assembly - 4 bevel gear front diff assembly is used in the V-ONE RRR Shimo Edition because of it's great power handling abilities and multiple adjustments. Already have and also a solid!
  • Hollow Middle Shaft - Kyosho has made the V-ONE RRR even better by making the drive-train as efficient as possible by reducing the weight. A new hollow middle shaft has replaced a solid heavy one, this gives you the best driving experience. Already have!
  • Lightweight 1st Gear Housing - The 1st gear housing has been lightened significantly to give you maximum performance with no compromise. Already have!
  • SP Low Friction Belt - Special low friction belts are supplied for the front, middle and rear. Already have!
  • Carbon Fiber Front Shock Tower - Equipped with a carbon fiber front stock tower. Already have!
IMO, I see nothing that is innovative. It is just a few upgrades of the EVO 2. They need to go to smaller diffs and lower the center of gravity by changing bulkheards and lowering the top deck and making a LCG fuel tank. That would help improve this car. I have driven the RRR since the first one and it is a great car. But as more chassis develop, the more innovative ideas come and this car needs them!
Old 12-18-2009, 05:55 AM
Tech Master

Indeed, similar to my thoughts as well.

Velvet coated shock bodies are a big factor in MP9 (compared to the standard edition non-coated shock bodies) but I'm sure if the effect will be the same in RRR
Old 12-18-2009, 11:12 AM
Tech Elite

I agree 100%. This car is def nothing to look at for kyosho owners, 90% of what was done to shimos, has been done to most racers cars, this is def the best rrr for someone lookin to convert over to team RED, but a dissapointment to me! V10 soon!
Old 12-18-2009, 05:12 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

I ordered one. Its time for me to build a new car anyway and I am anxious to see the new clutch system. Parts for the clutch will be a lot easier to get here than the Capricorn or Sirio clutch parts. I also kinda like the new rear shock tower as well.
Old 12-20-2009, 08:22 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by bighurt98
[*]Multi Offset Clamp - The Shimo Edition uses multi offset clamp-type aluminum hexed wheel hubs, that give you a choice of 4 different offset settings. Easy way to change track width with no adjustments!
technically, wheel offset is different than track width like you are thinking. especially on the front it will affect your ackerman and in the rear it will keep your roll centers.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.