Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree52Likes

European 2wd 1/8th pan car on-road Classic class

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2012, 09:19 PM
Tech Regular

Default interresting thought

A bunch of Pan Heads Brainstorming, That could be very dangerous! So I haven't herd much about ordering bodies lately, if we're going to do it, we should get moving on it. I'll fire Mr Young an email. I think even if we run fairly new bodies, we should come up with an old style paint job. these cars are all about having fun, let's start with the CanAm type body and paint it right! Spread the word.
Old 01-11-2012, 07:22 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Taylorm
.........except thats what it looks like DELTA-PLASTIC has done.............BACKPOUR.......DOH
Yeah I know But at least I didn't do it!
Old 01-11-2012, 09:20 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by aarcobra
Believe me we have been over and over all this stuff, there is no easy, affordable way....

Backpouring is illegal and bad form, carving molds is not practical if you want a variety of bodies, and you were lucky to have the use of a big enough vaccuum forming machine.

Bodies are avialble from DeltaPlastik in Italy (I think) and we keep talking about putting an order together, but unless you order in lots of 20pcs. the shipping will kill you.

http://www.deltaplastik.it/index.php...at2=11&cat3=16

I think the class hasta be sold on the chassis and motor, simpler and cheaper etc. I really would like to see old school bodies and will run them, but overall I don't think most people wlill go to the trouble and then there is the aero advantage of the current gross looking excuses for Sports Racing Cars... Slot car bodies 2.0, just like our founding fathers warned against.....
......It is not going to be easy but I think you could find someone sympathtic to your cause and they would carve you a plug. I have a 1/5 scale MCD Rally car. I did some modifications to the suspension so I could put FG tires on it . In order for the FG tires to fit under the body without them sticking pou I had to narrow the width which meant I needed a shorter doggbone. All the manchinest I went to wanted me to buy 50 dogbones for a price of 1000-2500 dollars I keep looking and found some one who made me a set a set for free. My point is some of these machinest and other technicians are out to rip you off!! It takes time but keep looking till you find someone who charges reasnable amount. It is my opinion the way you are going to attract new people to this class is with killer bodies I wish you the best of luck getting this new class started.
Old 01-11-2012, 03:40 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default brain freeze

Originally Posted by Das 1/8th Mopar
A bunch of Pan Heads Brainstorming, That could be very dangerous! So I haven't herd much about ordering bodies lately, if we're going to do it, we should get moving on it. I'll fire Mr Young an email. I think even if we run fairly new bodies, we should come up with an old style paint job. these cars are all about having fun, let's start with the CanAm type body and paint it right! Spread the word.
will ask my brother about turning a bunch of wheel adapters. i'm shipping your front braces monday am. ones for dennis. not sure what way people will go, with regards too chassis many may just opt for a modern car in that case not many restomod parts needed.
Old 01-12-2012, 12:20 PM
Tech Master

Default It's Official

FOR SALE-Motonica P8C

W/carbon fiber reinforced front end (original prototype ;-))

Can supply with engine, radio, and body(used) if wanted.

Open to offers-need money to finance another project!

Will post for sale on proper thread with pix in a few days.....
Old 01-12-2012, 01:25 PM
Tech Addict

Thumbs up

Latest Weapon http://www.motonica.com/en/products/P8C-EXT-2_2
Old 01-12-2012, 03:34 PM
Tech Addict

Default great ride

Originally Posted by ElliotCanada
yea thats a great looking car, the french dxf car is cool too. c'mon spring. hey ned i could use the rolling chassis email me a starting price
Old 01-12-2012, 03:42 PM
Tech Master

Default Weapon

Originally Posted by ElliotCanada
From the Motonica link above:

P8C 2WD Extreme 2

Heir of Motonica P8C, 2009 edition is UISP Italian Champion 2009.
The Extreme version is designed for high level competition. New “Multi Frame” chassis with PHS bending control system and a new front suspension plate “Hi-Torque” with 4 adjustment points.
Chassis in Ergal 7075 anodized “Orange”.
P8C Extreme longs to be the point of reference for no suspensions 2WD category, usually known as “Classic”.

This sounds like suspension to me:
A new suspension plate rotating on spherical supports instead of elastomer discs giving the benefit of having more precise movements.
"Shocks"?:
New fixing clamps for body mount that soften the hopping of the car in the curves

IS THIS THE BEGINNNING OF THE END OF A CLASS WITH GREAT POTENTIAL... Time will tell...

RIP 2.0 PAN CARS
Old 01-13-2012, 03:39 PM
Tech Addict

P8C 2WD Extreme 2

The Extreme version is designed for high level competition. New “Multi Frame” chassis with PHS bending control system and a new front suspension plate “Hi-Torque” with 4 adjustment points.
P8C Extreme longs to be the point of reference for no suspensions 2WD category, usually known as “Classic”.

A new suspension plate rotating on spherical supports instead of elastomer discs giving the benefit of having more precise movements.
"Shocks"?:
New fixing clamps for body mount that soften the hopping of the car in the curves

IS THIS THE BEGINNNING OF THE END OF A CLASS WITH GREAT POTENTIAL... Time will tell...

RIP 2.0 PAN CARS
i think its an evoloution step, the front reminds me of the old 10L rear t bar. after all is making a smooth driving car what our home projects all about?. also i think garen said the car was too pricey too catch on. i'm get'n ready too order some parts so lets vote on our delta plastic order
Old 01-13-2012, 06:03 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

P8C 2WD Extreme 2

"Shocks"?:

RIP 2.0 PAN CARS
It's not shocks, and it's not the beginning of the end of anything. The P8C had the same design and principle, only with foam discs instead of whatever the bushing material is made of that they are now using. The P8C had 3 points of contact/adjustment, the new car has 2, each with 2 adjustment points. No suspension, no shocks, not all that different than before.
Old 01-13-2012, 07:35 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

By the way, since bodies has been a topic of discussion again, I have several of the Motonica GT bodies with cosmetic damage, mainly scratches on the hood and/or roof. If anyone is interested in them, $30 each + shipping.

Also, I should have stock of the new P8C Extreme 2 next month. I am selling my P8C with engine and exhaust, and P909 body. Just add radio gear and it's good to go.

PM me for either the bodies or the car if interested.
Old 01-13-2012, 09:04 PM
Tech Master

......how much OTD for the new Motonica?
Old 01-15-2012, 02:29 PM
Tech Master

Default Pan discussion

Originally Posted by 5italkart
i think its an evoloution step, the front reminds me of the old 10L rear t bar. after all is making a smooth driving car what our home projects all about?. also i think garen said the car was too pricey too catch on. i'm get'n ready too order some parts so lets vote on our delta plastic order
Joe,
Yes it is "an evolutionary step". First tiime thru:

Pan car->vairous front and rear suspension experiments->Tweek plate Pan Cars->4WD Pan Car->2WD Suspension car->4WD Suspension Car......

This Time thru:
(Vintage PAN Cars with no suspension or rear geometry adjustability, with simple fromt tweek plates)-> Modern Pan Cars (With rear geometry adjustability and more sophicated frontend tweek adjustment) -> Improved front tweek systems, special body mounts to "smooth" car->>>>>>>??????

My intention for trying to make "my own" pan car is not to make it better than a "modern" pan car but to see how a design closer to the state of the art "OLD SCHOOL" pan would compete.

I know this is unrealistic but I still contend that an Old School Pan can be made on CNC equipment and sold for HALF of the cost of a modern pan, be simpler, and while probably not as fast, still lots of FUN!!

ON the body order, Lon's working on it
Old 01-15-2012, 02:48 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by garen
It's not shocks, and it's not the beginning of the end of anything. The P8C had the same design and principle, only with foam discs instead of whatever the bushing material is made of that they are now using. The P8C had 3 points of contact/adjustment, the new car has 2, each with 2 adjustment points. No suspension, no shocks, not all that different than before.
Garen,
I realize there are no shocks . I intended the "Shocks" to refer to the new rear body mounts which are supposed to keep the car from "hopping in the curves". That is what shocks do.

I've been racing RC cars since 1970 and have first hand experience with the slippery slope that MAY lie ahead.

The front "sub frame" is now more firmly located with the addition of the "spherical mounts" which MAY allow the side tweek adjusters to be looser and act as "suspension". Having never seen the rules that control this class, I obviously don't know what is allowed. In my mind, a "pan car", in the true sense, must have the front and rear axles mounted solidly to the chassis (pan). The only exception would be sprung front steering blocks. That is likely why it looks like the class is called "Classic" in Europe not "Pan"....
Old 01-15-2012, 04:07 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Garen,
I realize there are no shocks . I intended the "Shocks" to refer to the new rear body mounts which are supposed to keep the car from "hopping in the curves". That is what shocks do.

I've been racing RC cars since 1970 and have first hand experience with the slippery slope that MAY lie ahead.

The front "sub frame" is now more firmly located with the addition of the "spherical mounts" which MAY allow the side tweek adjusters to be looser and act as "suspension". Having never seen the rules that control this class, I obviously don't know what is allowed. In my mind, a "pan car", in the true sense, must have the front and rear axles mounted solidly to the chassis (pan). The only exception would be sprung front steering blocks. That is likely why it looks like the class is called "Classic" in Europe not "Pan"....
It looks to me that the only thing that its not going to hop is the body, the rest of the car will still hop over the bumps.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.