Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree52Likes

European 2wd 1/8th pan car on-road Classic class

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2010, 07:17 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by 2wdrive
With the old cars like the SG Futura, associated rc1 - rc300bd etc etc the motorpinion directly drives the spur that is attached to the axle. (Like modern 1:10 pan cars)

Is there a company/privateer that still makes those classic spurs or is there a substitute for it?
...i have a few old Team Associated cars that i'm building....I have been using normal offroad type clutchbells from modern 1/8 buggies.....the problem is finding small enough tooth count bells that will give you the desired ratio to get the correct rollout........my current RC250 is geared 13 bell /63 spur and the car has no bottom end.........i need to find an 11 somewhere..........

http://s227.photobucket.com/albums/d...4.jpg&newest=1
Old 09-05-2010, 11:37 PM
Tech Master

thanks for the insight tally. What about the spurs? Is there another brand i could use? I would be hasitating to run something when i know that if the spur gets damaged i would be stuck.
Old 09-15-2010, 05:49 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default 2wd pan

Originally Posted by wingracer
Exactly speedy. This is how any new class goes. It's great in the beginning because the cars are cheap and simple, you don't need big HP because the handling and driving isn't quite world class yet and noobs can be competitive because everyone is a noob. But as soon as the class gets enough participation to attract the big dog manufacturers, you will see them make cars for the class and have drivers like Swauger, Burch an Paolo to deal with. Not quite as much fun for the noob anymore. Just look at 1/10th TC. Used to be noobs running HPI's all blinged out and having a blast, now it's all about worlds level competition and most of those HPI guys are gone or running Slashes instead.

So what does this mean for 2wd pan cars? Well, 1/12th scale has been around from the start and shows no sign of dying. Why? Cheap, simple, low maintenance racing fun with stable rules that don't allow any more technical complexity to creep in. Ten year old cars are still capable of winning major races. GT has all that except for the prohibitions on further tech. So I see 2wd pan cars as a potentially better option for an easy entry level nitro class. Right now GT may be just as good and appealing for that purpose but that will most likely change eventually.
just returning too rc after 9 years have an rc300 , but these cars need work just too run modern tires. can't i just take the front drive stuff out of a used 4wd car?
Old 09-22-2010, 03:44 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

New built Motonica P8C for sale in the sale thread. Fire sale.

Old 05-17-2011, 04:09 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

If anyone is interested

I have a brand new 2wd Motonica classic for sale.

Pm for pic and info.

250$

Originally got it from another guy on rctech but does not look like it is a direction the track wants to go in...was going to use it as test handout car to build interest

We are going to try to get GT class as spec type of class.
Old 06-23-2011, 09:10 PM
Tech Regular

Cool What the world needs!

Good luck with the GT cars as they become rather costly too. I have 3 P8Cs and think they're neat, but cost to much. Some one needs to bring back a real pan car like the MRP Pro 180. Cheap to get, simply to work on, and Goes like Hell! A family could go racing without breaking the bank!!
Old 06-23-2011, 11:22 PM
Tech Master

Do you have pictures of the MRP pro 180? I could not find any on the net.
Old 06-24-2011, 05:49 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by 2wdrive
Do you have pictures of the MRP pro 180? I could not find any on the net.
That's so far back no pictures are available we chiseled images in rock

All of Matt , Joe and Ned's talk about pan cars during the rain delay Sunday made me get out the ladder and get my tub of RC300 stuff out, looks like I've got one still fairly complete - need to make some wheel adapters , update the radio and paint a body and I could put one on the track - now all I have to do is find the time to do that.
Old 06-25-2011, 11:37 PM
Tech Addict

Hello from France,

here's some pics from MRP 180

http://rcmagvintage.com/modules.php?...&highlight=mrp

You can find a lot of informations about Vintage cars (Off Road and On Road) on this Awesome link !!!

http://rcmagvintage.com/modules.php?name=Forums

Enjoy these old cars

Romuald
Old 06-26-2011, 08:36 PM
Tech Regular

Default WOW!!

Romuald, Don't you guys ever throw anything out? Those are great pictures! Thanks for posting them
The radio box in the first pic got used for small parts carrying in the tool box. The new MRX-5 Mugan has caught up with MRP, it too has a radio box.
I remember when ROAR made us start using those can mufflers, everybody was sure it was the end of the hobby. Yes we thought we loved all that noise of straight exhaust!
Before there was 4wd, 2spd trans, or suspension,there was the diff. In the last pic you can see what must be super rare, MRPs' gear diff in the middle of the rear axle. Everybody was scrambling to get a diff in their car kits and we racers were spending what ever to get one. After everybody had em, the pecking order of driver skill was right back were it was before diffs. MRP brought out this diff to buy time to get their ball diff out (a month or two later,I think).
Old 06-26-2011, 09:04 PM
Tech Regular

Default Hay Rick!

If anyone can make a pan car go, it's you! However, giving up those modern features (suspension, 2spd, lots of trick parts, and fwd), you might have to revert to another old item that's been around for a while. That my friend is the Driver Stand.
I kid Rick folks as he does allot of ground level driving. He's stinking fast at any level !!
Old 06-29-2011, 01:17 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Das 1/8th Mopar
Romuald, Don't you guys ever throw anything out? Those are great pictures! Thanks for posting them
The radio box in the first pic got used for small parts carrying in the tool box. The new MRX-5 Mugan has caught up with MRP, it too has a radio box.
I remember when ROAR made us start using those can mufflers, everybody was sure it was the end of the hobby. Yes we thought we loved all that noise of straight exhaust!
Before there was 4wd, 2spd trans, or suspension,there was the diff. In the last pic you can see what must be super rare, MRPs' gear diff in the middle of the rear axle. Everybody was scrambling to get a diff in their car kits and we racers were spending what ever to get one. After everybody had em, the pecking order of driver skill was right back were it was before diffs. MRP brought out this diff to buy time to get their ball diff out (a month or two later,I think).
Hello from France,

don't throw anything...
Our cars arn't like Kleenex...
If you can't sell it, put it in a box, in the garage for the next 10 years...

1/8 Pan Cars or Classic Cars (no suspensions) is growing in France, Italy... Some Belgian, Luxembourg, German are looking close to this awesome category.

So reliable and so cheap!!!

6 brands for nice cars and more to come....

- BP Racing BPR2 (Italy)

- BRX5 Evo (France)

- DXF Premium (France)

- Mantua Model Intrepid (Italy)

- Motonica P8C XTrem (Italy)

- WRC GT Due (Italy)

Au revoir.
Old 06-29-2011, 04:52 PM
Tech Fanatic

Nice pics, this is what´s needed to make it more affordable and easy for the beginners. Hope this takes on in a larger scale (nu pun intended).
Old 06-29-2011, 05:55 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default Pan Cars

Originally Posted by Rick Davis

All of Matt , Joe and Ned's talk about pan cars during the rain delay Sunday made me get out the ladder and get my tub of RC300 stuff out, looks like I've got one still fairly complete - need to make some wheel adapters , update the radio and paint a body and I could put one on the track - now all I have to do is find the time to do that.
Hey Rick,
That sure was a fun way to pass time during the rain delay! I'm torn between trying to learn cad (of some sort) or just dusting off the old drawing tools and layiing out my pan car project!!! I want to stay close to the old style with single gear direct drive and a fiberglass chassis instead of the new type with the 4wd type pod layout. I think the extra weight over the rear tires will help and an aluminum pan brings back old memories-mostly bad. ; )

Hope to be back up north again to try to beat Lon with the "modern" car, I know i would win if we were racing the old pan stuff!

It was great to see you and I enjoyed our talk! Later,
Ned
Old 06-29-2011, 08:44 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Rick Davis

cmon Rick, you have nothing but time.....get that biatchhhhhhhhh runnin.........

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.