Like Tree52Likes

European 2wd 1/8th pan car on-road Classic class

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2018, 06:37 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 102 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Taylorm
Is Motonica out of business????
Yeah pretty much for a while now. I have last heard directly from Fastom (owners of Motonica) in 2014. It has been dead silent since then. I bought a ton of spares while in Germany from MW many years ago. But now I am pretty much spent on spares, plus I did get rid of two cars as well. I know many SPM parts fit, given that one of the Motonica Engineers went to them, and I think they are affiliated with SPM.

Old 09-17-2018, 01:59 AM
Tech Regular

Default Motonica = SPM = FUN

Originally Posted by 1/8 IC Fan
Yeah pretty much for a while now. I have last heard directly from Fastom (owners of Motonica) in 2014. It has been dead silent since then. I bought a ton of spares while in Germany from MW many years ago. But now I am pretty much spent on spares, plus I did get rid of two cars as well. I know many SPM parts fit, given that one of the Motonica Engineers went to them, and I think they are affiliated with SPM.
If you have been racing your Motonica, there are allot of SPM parts to help you keep going. I have a Motonica with a complete SPM front end on it, it fell right in place.

If you’re racing, do yourself a favor and move to a complete SPM or Forfaster. The Motonica has served me well, but it’s time to move on!
Old 09-17-2018, 03:51 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Das 1/8th Mopar

If you have been racing your Motonica, there are allot of SPM parts to help you keep going. I have a Motonica with a complete SPM front end on it, it fell right in place.

If you’re racing, do yourself a favor and move to a complete SPM or Forfaster. The Motonica has served me well, but it’s time to move on!
Yeah that is what I have been considering. Also I like the front end on the SPM Better. Given I had an original P8 Classic (prior to the P8C) and it was easier to setup.

Thanks again.
Old 09-17-2018, 07:50 PM
Tech Regular

Default One more thing!

Yeah that is what I have been considering. Also I like the front end on the SPM Better. Given I had an original P8 Classic (prior to the P8C) and it was easier to setup.

Thanks again.
The Carbon fiber lower plate on the SPM front end would appear to be the weak part. World Championship Products makes a much stronger spring steel replacement part that works very well.
Old 10-04-2018, 12:31 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by Das 1/8th Mopar

Sorry for the delay, I’ve fallen and broken my hip. Might be a little while till I can really get near my RC cars, but I will get to it when I can. Mean while, good racing my friend!
Hope you get well soon!
You were right, the forfaster is 100% made in italy, at the time i thougt it was french ahah
Yes, mantua model has still in stock the intrepid mc2.2 and, by purchasing all the hop up options you can upgrade it to the LF BRAIN version. But basically the chassis is the same...the lf brain has a little more purple ergal on BUUUT (and i hate it) it doesn't have the dismountable rear diff support. With that it's veeery easy to pop down the differential to make adjustment.
I emailed MM to ask if this diff support are available but they told me that they are out of production, damn...

By the way...i'm very very happy with this classic pancar...For a long time i wanted to race with a 1/8 onroad car but that kind of rc are too expensive and too difficult to set up (i'm a sunday rc driver) and a classic 2wd is the best deal to have fun with zero problems.
Soon i'll try to post a video of the last day at the track (pista Boscomantico VR Italy) were you can see me struggling with the front tyres xD
Old 10-04-2018, 01:54 PM
Tech Champion

You are perhaps thinking of SPM, they are from France, using Motonica Parts.
Old 10-05-2018, 02:17 AM
Tech Initiate

You are perhaps thinking of SPM, they are from France, using Motonica Parts.
yep, my bad
Old 10-05-2018, 03:57 AM
Tech Champion

Unfortunately DXF is out of buisness, their car was pretty good. Im not sure if BRX4 is making cars. In france you pretty much have SPM and the Contact (not available to the public) Cars.
Old 10-10-2018, 05:54 PM
Tech Master

Unfortunately DXF is out of buisness, their car was pretty good. Im not sure if BRX4 is making cars. In france you pretty much have SPM and the Contact (not available to the public) Cars.
Anyone have any leftover DXF parts in stock ? I have one and would like to find some parts for it...
Old 10-24-2018, 12:03 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Taylorm
Anyone have any leftover DXF parts in stock ? I have one and would like to find some parts for it...
ill send you a link. Hard to find. My son runs a brushless DXF.
Old 10-24-2018, 12:07 PM
Tech Champion

So as a warning, if you like or want to buy Delta Plastik bodies, and think to get a heavier 1mm body... its not!

The material may have started somewhere at 1mm...

Old 11-12-2018, 02:42 AM
Tech Initiate

wow, that lexan looks like he got acne aha
Old 11-27-2018, 08:33 AM
Tech Rookie

Default Good morning Agropelo I would like to know the reason for your sarcasm on my company

Originally Posted by Agro_pelo
Hope you get well soon!
You were right, the forfaster is 100% made in italy, at the time i thougt it was french ahah
Yes, mantua model has still in stock the intrepid mc2.2 and, by purchasing all the hop up options you can upgrade it to the LF BRAIN version. But basically the chassis is the same...the lf brain has a little more purple ergal on BUUUT (and i hate it) it doesn't have the dismountable rear diff support. With that it's veeery easy to pop down the differential to make adjustment.
I emailed MM to ask if this diff support are available but they told me that they are out of production, damn...

By the way...i'm very very happy with this classic pancar...For a long time i wanted to race with a 1/8 onroad car but that kind of rc are too expensive and too difficult to set up (i'm a sunday rc driver) and a classic 2wd is the best deal to have fun with zero problems.
Soon i'll try to post a video of the last day at the track (pista Boscomantico VR Italy) were you can see me struggling with the front tyres xD
Old 05-14-2019, 02:57 PM
Tech Champion

Well, had to share, considering its getting more quiet as of late, Rody to is now running in 2wd Pan in France. Here are some photos of him, and his car. As some may know he is a Member here on RCtech.

From our friends at RCmag

jetnjme and ScottE1776 like this.
Old 05-14-2019, 03:51 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

I was hoping for more to show up in California....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.