Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree52Likes

European 2wd 1/8th pan car on-road Classic class

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2018, 03:00 AM
Tech Initiate

Hi guys, is this thread still a thing? I'm Nicola form Italy and i run with a Mantua Model intrepid LF brain!
Old 07-03-2018, 02:40 PM
Tech Regular

Default Here for sure!

Originally Posted by Agro_pelo
Hi guys, is this thread still a thing? I'm Nicola form Italy and i run with a Mantua Model intrepid LF brain!
Some times there isn’t allot of talk going on . We run these cars here in the midwestern part of the U.S. I race several different cars and the Mantua is one of them. Not sure what differents between yours and mine?
Old 07-05-2018, 08:59 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by Das 1/8th Mopar

Some times there isn’t allot of talk going on . We run these cars here in the midwestern part of the U.S. I race several different cars and the Mantua is one of them. Not sure what differents between yours and mine?
what kind of mantua do you have?
Mantua model did a big evolution from the intrepid to the intrepid LF.
Old 07-06-2018, 08:05 AM
Tech Regular

Default ???!

Now you got me. I have no idea! Bought as used car from good friend, the both of us are running Forfasters. The Mantua is clearly a dated design, but it works very good and is one of my favorites! Perhaps I can get some pictures later so we can compare.
Old 07-09-2018, 04:09 AM
Tech Initiate

we can compare.
Good idea.
How's the forfaster? Before getting my mantua i was about to buy a FF Z1, but then i preferred to remain "made in italy" (you know, Mantua factory is about 60km from my city)
Old 07-09-2018, 08:37 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

I'm not Mr. Mopar, but race with him. After running Motonica and WRC chassis, I'm in a Forfaster Z1.

It was a great and precise build. Set up nice and is extremely durable...so far (Mr. Mopar will tell you I'm hard on equipment). I personally think it's a keeper.

Mr. Mopar on the other hand, has or has had at least one chassis from every source and is an excellent resource of all things pancar. I honestly take my cues from him.
Old 08-01-2018, 05:41 PM
Tech Regular

Default Delay

Sorry for the delay, I’ve fallen and broken my hip. Might be a little while till I can really get near my RC cars, but I will get to it when I can. Mean while, good racing my friend!
Old 08-09-2018, 11:29 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default tire diameter?

hiya Pan car guys..

I'm quite interested in 1/8th pan cars, but i am curious as to what diameter can the front and rear tires be used to, before the car's ride height is too low?

It seems to me that none of the pan car designs allow a change in ride height. In other pan car classes (235mm 1/10th), ride height can be changed and gearing changed to maintain a rollout. but without being able to change ride height, the car is just going to be dragging along, will it?

thanks for any info!

-alexander
Old 08-13-2018, 08:04 PM
Tech Regular

Default Made in Italy

Good idea.
How's the forfaster? Before getting my mantua i was about to buy a FF Z1, but then i preferred to remain "made in italy" (you know, Mantua factory is about 60km from my city)
I’m pretty sure the Forfaster is very much made in Italy also. But it is ok to choose your weapon based on what ever. Does Mantua still manufacture a 2wd pan car? I believe my Mantua is a Intrepid MC2.2. It has a X Ray drive belt. This is a very cool car!
Old 08-13-2018, 08:37 PM
Tech Regular

Default Just saying!

Originally Posted by foampervert
hiya Pan car guys..

I'm quite interested in 1/8th pan cars, but i am curious as to what diameter can the front and rear tires be used to, before the car's ride height is too low?

It seems to me that none of the pan car designs allow a change in ride height. In other pan car classes (235mm 1/10th), ride height can be changed and gearing changed to maintain a rollout. but without being able to change ride height, the car is just going to be dragging along, will it?

thanks for any info!

-alexander
Where you live could very well determine the answers to your questions. We have been racing these cars in the Midwest area of the U.S. for six to seven years now. These cars are pretty evenly matched and a restricted motor helps make them a real driver’s class car. These cars have very large sweet spots that would allow a good driver to perform well and win. A lesser driver can not win with set up or motor. A fun fact: for several seasons allot of 2wd guys were grabbing up rejected 4wd rear tires and racing with em for another round or two. In the front we run hard tires that ware forever.

lf you’re in Europe, it might be a different story. Either way, the 2wd pan is a simple fun car that today’s high tech racers just can’t understand.

Hope you grab one and join the fun!
Old 08-13-2018, 08:51 PM
Tech Regular

Default 235

Originally Posted by foampervert
hiya Pan car guys..

thanks for any info!

-alexander
the 235 class car was a very good class, but it was not a Pan Car. It was a good shot at getting into RC road racing cheaper then 4wd 8th scale. I have no beef with 1/8th 4wd as they are so cool, but the hobby needs a lesser, simpler, and cheaper path in.
Old 08-21-2018, 01:44 PM
Tech Apprentice

the 235 class car was a very good class, but it was not a Pan Car. It was a good shot at getting into RC road racing cheaper then 4wd 8th scale. I have no beef with 1/8th 4wd as they are so cool, but the hobby needs a lesser, simpler, and cheaper path in.
great memories of that class, hope your getting around ok
aarcobra likes this.
Old 09-10-2018, 08:40 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 102 (100%+)

Hey guys, I am about the end of my spares on my Motonica, what is everyone running now and who is supporting the 2wd crowd?
Old 09-11-2018, 08:03 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

not a lot of love for the 2wd nitro pan car class here in California. I'm thinking about selling my brand new built WRC GT due 1.4 roller and load of spares. sure is pretty sitting on the shelf but until someone wants to join me.

Wallace Motorsports is carrying everything for WRC
Old 09-13-2018, 07:06 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by 1/8 IC Fan
Hey guys, I am about the end of my spares on my Motonica, what is everyone running now and who is supporting the 2wd crowd?
Is Motonica out of business????

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.