Search
Like Tree52Likes

European 2wd 1/8th pan car on-road Classic class

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2013, 03:32 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Taylorm
..not just the import situation....but the "where"..........being produced in Italy...(Motonica-WRC)..I assume workers at these places make more than the slave labor that (cough) produced my screamin Edam..(cough).....hell...Apple had to put nets around their building because workers were jumping to their deaths..

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...1-12-hour.html
hears you answer matt http://youtu.be/oMOBqRVDOYQ
Old 10-25-2013, 04:57 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by 5italkart
hears you answer matt http://youtu.be/oMOBqRVDOYQ
LOL....8 hours for one bowl of rice???... Now that's
profit margin.....
Old 10-26-2013, 09:04 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

What have you guys came up with for motors?
Seen all kinds of motors last year are you thinking of reigning that in or letting it run wild like its current state.

last I heard it was considered that 3-5-7 ports are it and basic motors like the following
something like these or price limited and no hand working?

http://www.serpentamerica.com/shop/home.php?cat=87
Old 10-27-2013, 11:10 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Hmm

Originally Posted by Vector03cobra
What have you guys came up with for motors?
Seen all kinds of motors last year are you thinking of reigning that in or letting it run wild like its current state.

last I heard it was considered that 3-5-7 ports are it and basic motors like the following
something like these or price limited and no hand working?

http://www.serpentamerica.com/shop/home.php?cat=87
For now and in the forseeable future, it'll be "run what ya brung." We've discussed the various problems and they all still apply, the two main reasons are:

1. We'd need tech to manage hand working, it'd require disassembly, and the only race we have in the Midwest with any tech at all is the GLC. I don't think anyone wants to volunteer to do the tech, and some guys aren't keen on having their engine stripped as a matter of routine.

2. Price limits. At the last GLC, the price limit for GT was lifted due to a lot of complaints, mostly from people who then didn't show up anyways (thanx a bunch.) In theory, it's a great idea, and it provides opportunity for some to compete more equally without blowing their budget. With us as a growing class in a niche hobby, it's not workable at this point. If our numbers continue to grow, I'm certain most people would be in favor of this rule in the future...only time and participation will tell.
Old 10-27-2013, 11:26 AM
Tech Master

Thumbs down

Originally Posted by hitcharide1
For now and in the forseeable future, it'll be "run what ya brung." We've discussed the various problems and they all still apply, the two main reasons are:

1. We'd need tech to manage hand working, it'd require disassembly, and the only race we have in the Midwest with any tech at all is the GLC. I don't think anyone wants to volunteer to do the tech, and some guys aren't keen on having their engine stripped as a matter of routine.

2. Price limits. At the last GLC, the price limit for GT was lifted due to a lot of complaints, mostly from people who then didn't show up anyways (thanx a bunch.) In theory, it's a great idea, and it provides opportunity for some to compete more equally without blowing their budget. With us as a growing class in a niche hobby, it's not workable at this point. If our numbers continue to grow, I'm certain most people would be in favor of this rule in the future...only time and participation will tell.
... Guys are winning
with cheap motors....there is no need for hot 4wd motors....
Although If a newbie showed up with a car and had a 4wd motor...who cares...lets grow the class first....I myself will probably
run a Novarossi 3 port turbo next year....

GT class has already turned into a open class.....one run tires
and 700.00 motors?????.....only time before that class dies...
Old 10-27-2013, 11:38 AM
Tech Addict

Umm ok.
Tech would be decently easy we all know what we are looking for.

I just thought id ask and make sure its semi clear.

its cheaper for me to use whatever

I dunno any one spebding 700 for a motor great motors prices have come down a bunch

I was thinking try and keep things reasonable

but now I know thanks
Old 10-27-2013, 01:23 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

You want see crying start in pan class, make it mandatory have run formula one body on all cars. That's class with balls lets be first try something new instead of following what the do in Eourope.
Old 10-27-2013, 01:45 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Taylorm
... GT class has already turned into a open class.....one run tires
and 700.00 motors?????.....only time before that class dies...
Yep, this is making me think about going back to my start in nitro racing, 2wd suspension class ..... So maybe pan cars ..............
Old 10-27-2013, 01:54 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default YES!

Originally Posted by gary47
You want see crying start in pan class, make it mandatory have run formula one body on all cars. That's class with balls lets be first try something new instead of following what the do in Eourope.
I agree! Or even GT bodies. That was the original idea when we started the class in Toledo. A few bitched and now most run the same bodies as open. What a wasted opportunity to do something different!!

European 2wd 1/8th pan car on-road Classic class-img_0222.jpg
Old 10-27-2013, 04:27 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by aarcobra
I agree! Or even GT bodies. That was the original idea when we started the class in Toledo. A few bitched and now most run the same bodies as open. What a wasted opportunity to do something different!!

Attachment 1126898
Yes we can get open wheel bodys from GB That's two of us need 3 more run class of own!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 10-27-2013, 04:42 PM
Tech Addict

I am sorry but its one class run what ever body you like still one class

Part of the problem with rc is having to many classes

I call it the everyone wins class system

The rules are really open and it allows for what ever you like the side effect is what you have now. You want to kill the class? Start breaking it up with sub classes
Old 10-27-2013, 06:11 PM
Tech Master

Attachment 1126898
Ill have the 911 body mounted for sure.....
: )
Old 10-27-2013, 08:04 PM
Tech Regular

Default Perhaps for you!

Attachment 1126898
I've owned 3 Motonica P8Cs before the Ned, Joe, and Matt table talks about a 2wd pan car class took place. If I had a dollar for everyone I let run or race my cars, I could afford to buy another. For 2 years now I have supported this class and any racers running in it to the best of my parts supply and ability. We as a whole have had allot of fun in this class, we've seen some great racing.

The motor idea has gone astray, but it was in the name of getting more racers on the track (it worked). One would wonder how fair minded we are to bring any 5, 7, or 9 port turbo motor to the class in the name of cheaper then $150 standard 3-port motor. Screwed up in the name of helping the class grow.

Tried to switch bodies, but of the racers at the track racing, there was no interest. I'm old school too and I have run old bodies in this class and really enjoyed it. That perhaps is my age showing as only us old guys speak of different bodies.

I got my 3 P8Cs years ago with one real idea in mind, get my Grandsons racing. I had done it before with a MRP car and my boy. Lon II, Lon III, and Noah have come along real fine and I'm very proud of them.

COST? I have for 2 years fielded 3 1/2 modern pan cars, plus aided anyone else along the way. I'm not a rich person nor would I have had the time to do this with any 4wd car. I have 2 very good racers as proof that 2wd pan cars can help our hobby grow. Like it or not, this class is a bargain, however, if you can't afford todays prices, perhaps you're looking at the wrong hobby.

This has proven to be one of my best years in the hobby and anything but a missed opportunity.

BECOME SOMEONE'S MENTOR, and enjoy your hobby like never before!
Old 10-27-2013, 08:39 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default How soon they forget.....

Originally Posted by Das 1/8th Mopar
I've owned 3 Motonica P8Cs before the Ned, Joe, and Matt table talks about a 2wd pan car class took place. If I had a dollar for everyone I let run or race my cars, I could afford to buy another. For 2 years now I have supported this class and any racers running in it to the best of my parts supply and ability. We as a whole have had allot of fun in this class, we've seen some great racing.

The motor idea has gone astray, but it was in the name of getting more racers on the track (it worked). One would wonder how fair minded we are to bring any 5, 7, or 9 port turbo motor to the class in the name of cheaper then $150 standard 3-port motor. Screwed up in the name of helping the class grow.

Tried to switch bodies, but of the racers at the track racing, there was no interest. I'm old school too and I have run old bodies in this class and really enjoyed it. That perhaps is my age showing as only us old guys speak of different bodies.

I got my 3 P8Cs years ago with one real idea in mind, get my Grandsons racing. I had done it before with a MRP car and my boy. Lon II, Lon III, and Noah have come along real fine and I'm very proud of them.

COST? I have for 2 years fielded 3 1/2 modern pan cars, plus aided anyone else along the way. I'm not a rich person nor would I have had the time to do this with any 4wd car. I have 2 very good racers as proof that 2wd pan cars can help our hobby grow. Like it or not, this class is a bargain, however, if you can't afford todays prices, perhaps you're looking at the wrong hobby.

This has proven to be one of my best years in the hobby and anything but a missed opportunity.

Lon, Please try to comment on the post that you quote. I merely said that there was a missed opportunity to do something different with the bodies and you tell be I need to be a mentor?
Old 10-27-2013, 10:36 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Hmm

Originally Posted by Das 1/8th Mopar

"Not a rich person." So says the guy with the new Jeep with the diamond encrusted spark plugs and wipes with $50 dollar bills (tho I hear when desperate he will resort to using a $20.)

Bodies...I briefly ran an old Foyt at the Snowball last year. I will almost certainly be running open wheel next year. I ran the new style 4wd body this year just because it was convenient to me, our build will allow pretty much any body, but I'll be the last to run a GT body.

Engines. Still not seeing this as much of a problem yet. Some guys will run fast no matter what engine they use....and some guys won't just because they can't. I don't think we've got the numbers to make this an appreciable difference. I did most of my running using a Vox with a damaged block that probably was a three port at best after epoxy work and don't recall too many problems keeping up.

Lon, you did good with the kids, but this talk of mentoring....you've got to be of good and reputable character to be a mentor, and that rules me out for sure. Maybe your grandkids can perform that task, neither has been on this earth long enough to have sinned much.

AND...you could've done it with a very affordable 4wd, but I don't want to put you to sleep talking about that, you know.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.