Search
Like Tree52Likes

European 2wd 1/8th pan car on-road Classic class

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2013, 08:44 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Das 1/8th Mopar
Just got home from the Cincinnati Snowball Race, we had a fine time (some good, some not so good). Joe Tuttle TQed with his 3 port Motonica, as Jason Irwins WRC 5 port was 2 seconds behind him.

In the race (30 minutes), some bad happened early as Ned Schmaltz (DFX) watched helplessly as a marshal sat his car down on the track, in the wrong place. That place was middle of the straightway, in front of a high speed Joe Tuttle, taking them both out. A sad finish for two guys having a great weekend.

Jeff Whitting took off with his DFX and was looking good till the french fry started to act up, I think his clutch was locked up, still he battled on. Jason Irwin (WRC) took the lead and fought with my grandson Lon III (WRC). Don't know if it was for the lead, but III helped by II passed Jason in the pits once, while Noah Bellville (Motonica) stayed close by. It was a good race to watch. IIIs clutch let go and Jason was in control.

!st Jason Irwin 5 port WRC
2nd Noah Bellville 3 port Motonica Ex II
3rd Jeff Whitting clutchless French Fry (DFX)

WELL DONE BOYS!!

Thanks to Renee Young for letting me use her car and name.

Missed you Gary!
BTW I ran a 3 port MaxPower offroad buggy engine in mine. Does not take much to make these things move.

jeff
Old 10-15-2013, 09:40 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Good that you're going to join us! The "Renee" thing was left in Cincinnati. Garen is getting a hobby shop? That's some cool news.
I just purchased WRC car which went away from cras been running last 4 years, but felt there support would be better at this time.
Old 10-16-2013, 05:20 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

So after 25 hours on the road I'm finally back home and here to say the Snowball Rally was totally worth the effort. It was great seeing all my RC friends, and meeting new people at the track. What can I say, RC cars are the greatest.

As for the race, it was unfortunate to lose Joe, Ned, and Lon Sr. I had hoped to mix it up with you guys for 30 mins but it was not to be. Ned got the "Ned Nudge" from me early on, and a chain of events took out the always fast Joe Tuttle in explosive fashion. I didn't get to mix it up with Jeff Whiting either, as he always seemed to be on the opposite end of the track. Jeff was great out there, and had his clutch held up till the end we might have mixed it up at the finish. Jeff was on a very quick 112 lap pace, and I was working hard to stay on the same lap.

But I did trade paint with III and Noah, who are doing really well in the class, and that was good fun. Those young guys set a great example, proving the pan car to be great for everyone, young and old (and middle-aged like myself)

Can't wait to do it again. And as always, I feel we are doing very well with the class and I see great things for 2014.
Old 10-16-2013, 06:01 PM
Tech Addict

I would like to get a show of hands for those wo could potentially make it to the Winternats in February.
http://www.rctech.net/forum/nitro-ro...15-2014-a.html

It has been my goal to get the pan class back to this historical race in Florida, and though it may be a year premature, I think it would be to our benefit to at least try. If we can get 10 guys and girls for this year's event, it would be a fantastic promotion tool for us, where all the racers from around the country (and some international drivers) can see us on the track (and not just look at the cars in the pits as was the case at the ROAR Nats).

I spoke to Jim Rice about this idea in Los Angeles, and I feel that he is open to the idea if we can present a strong case. As I see it, we may be closer than it seems. Considering that the Whitings will be there anyway, and myself, and possibly the Burlings, we could potentially be half way there. Here is my imaginary list (which I came up with driving through the hills of Pennsylvania). Keep in mind this is my idea of potential folks, and some whom I will be lobbying to go. If any of you have other ideas and think of people you could get on board, please share on this forum.

I believe the sooner we get out there and show people the cars, the better we will do for the 2014 season. Because the race is in Feb, it will be early enough that many drivers will be looking at their race plans for the coming year and may join us after seeing the cars.

Please feel free to add names to this list (or remove your own if its out of the question to make it there). I think the objective is to get 10 registered and paid before Jan 1:

1. Lon Sr
2. Lon II
2. Lon III
3. Noah
4. Whiting (A)
5. Whiting (B)
6. Whiting (C)
7. Jason Irwin
8. Ned Schmaltz
9. Dana Smeltzer
10. Bill Jianis
11. George Martinez (Full Throttle Raceway)
12. Gene Greer
13. Gary NJ (I think he told me "no" but what the hell)
14. Jamie Gonzalez (Connecticut)
15. Rick Davis (sorry Rick I gotta dream a little)
16. Joe Tuttle (if he can make it to Cinci he can make it anywhere)
Old 10-16-2013, 06:05 PM
Tech Addict

I think we should call Jason "SNOW BALL"
After that drive on 3 hours of sleep my head felt kinda Snowballish. Well, probably more like a melting ice cream cone.
Old 10-16-2013, 07:40 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by MrHistory
So after 25 hours on the road I'm finally back home and here to say the Snowball Rally was totally worth the effort. It was great seeing all my RC friends, and meeting new people at the track. What can I say, RC cars are the greatest.

As for the race, it was unfortunate to lose Joe, Ned, and Lon Sr. I had hoped to mix it up with you guys for 30 mins but it was not to be. Ned got the "Ned Nudge" from me early on, and a chain of events took out the always fast Joe Tuttle in explosive fashion. I didn't get to mix it up with Jeff Whiting either, as he always seemed to be on the opposite end of the track. Jeff was great out there, and had his clutch held up till the end we might have mixed it up at the finish. Jeff was on a very quick 112 lap pace, and I was working hard to stay on the same lap.

But I did trade paint with III and Noah, who are doing really well in the class, and that was good fun. Those young guys set a great example, proving the pan car to be great for everyone, young and old (and middle-aged like myself)

Can't wait to do it again. And as always, I feel we are doing very well with the class and I see great things for 2014.
It was a fun race and good to see you again.
Old 10-16-2013, 07:49 PM
Tech Master

I would like to get a show of hands for those wo could potentially make it to the Winternats in February.

It has been my goal to get the pan class back to this historical race in Florida, and though it may be a year premature, I think it would be to our benefit to at least try. If we can get 10 guys and girls for this year's event, it would be a fantastic promotion tool for us, where all the racers from around the country (and some international drivers) can see us on the track (and not just look at the cars in the pits as was the case at the ROAR Nats).

I spoke to Jim Rice about this idea in Los Angeles, and I feel that he is open to the idea if we can present a strong case. As I see it, we may be closer than it seems. Considering that the Whitings will be there anyway, and myself, and possibly the Burlings, we could potentially be half way there. Here is my imaginary list (which I came up with driving through the hills of Pennsylvania). Keep in mind this is my idea of potential folks, and some whom I will be lobbying to go. If any of you have other ideas and think of people you could get on board, please share on this forum.

I believe the sooner we get out there and show people the cars, the better we will do for the 2014 season. Because the race is in Feb, it will be early enough that many drivers will be looking at their race plans for the coming year and may join us after seeing the cars.

Please feel free to add names to this list (or remove your own if its out of the question to make it there). I think the objective is to get 10 registered and paid before Jan 1:

1. Lon Sr
2. Lon II
2. Lon III
3. Noah
4. Whiting (A)
5. Whiting (B)
6. Whiting (C)
7. Jason Irwin
8. Ned Schmaltz
9. Dana Smeltzer
10. Bill Jianis
12. Gene Greer
I guess I better start working on that clutch.
Old 10-16-2013, 08:38 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Hmm

1. Lon Sr
2. Lon II
2. Lon III
3. Noah
4. Whiting (A)
5. Whiting (B)
6. Whiting (C)
7. Jason Irwin
8. Ned Schmaltz
9. Dana Smeltzer
10. Bill Jianis
12. Gene Greer
Probably gonna be a "no" for me. Besides the extra buck I'd have to come up with, got projects in the shop to be done this winter, and running around trying to find a stranger to pit for me doesn't sound like much fun either. I haven't made a Winternats since '85 and would dearly love to make that race....
Old 10-16-2013, 08:43 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

I hope to make this in 2015. Currently the National Championships for Cowboy Action shooting occupies my time in late Feb and early March. But I'm certainly going to work towards this goal.
Old 10-16-2013, 10:16 PM
Tech Addict

Thanks for the feedback guys. Let me know if plans change.
Old 10-16-2013, 10:19 PM
Tech Addict

Jeff can you put a buggy clutch on that dfx? I'd be happy to help you try another option. The WRC clutch is to my knowledge a very standard design used in offroad. Not my expertise but GaryNJ says its the clone of standard offroad clutches. You were running a centax right?
Old 10-17-2013, 01:55 PM
Tech Master

Jeff can you put a buggy clutch on that dfx? I'd be happy to help you try another option. The WRC clutch is to my knowledge a very standard design used in offroad. Not my expertise but GaryNJ says its the clone of standard offroad clutches. You were running a centax right?
Thanks but it was just one of those things with the clutch. A bearing failed that allowed the bell to wobble and then it was all down hill from there. No big deal. We have all sorts of clutches we can try in the future. I am going to get a few bells from you though.

Jeff
Old 10-20-2013, 05:15 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Some on road motors for sale if anyone is interested
, tends to get lost in the shuffle in the for sale area

http://www.rctech.net/forum/r-c-item...l#post12628530
Old 10-20-2013, 06:18 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

if only I had more money it be nice to have a pan car
Old 10-21-2013, 06:05 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Vector03cobra
if only I had more money it be nice to have a pan car
I belive that's point hear just bought car and motor and cost was $730.00 with out servos which depends what want spend from $ 40.00-120.00 and battery pack $30.00 and body another $30.00 you have close to 1000.00 for pan car.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.