Wiki Posts
Search

Serpent 710

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2004, 12:24 PM
Tech Elite

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Tight track engine

Originally posted by Sow&Steady
I've got a php-based chat software I'm testing now. If you want to try it out one of these days let me know and then we hook up a few guys. Pretty easy and a lot less difficult for the surfer than Java based chat.

There's a messenger system around but I need to find it again. Don't know how hard that'll be yet ...
I'd be willing to do a bit of testing Just say when and I can see if I can fit you into my busy schedule
Old 05-24-2004, 12:25 PM
Tech Regular

Angry

Originally posted by hudy
you serpent fans seem to take my comments as a joke when infact im 100% serious about what I say

I think we all agree here that you are a joke and a little child that should grow up.If you don't like something then fine but don't keep trying to spoil everyone else's fun We here all love the car .If you don't then go the toy store and buy a tyco r/c because that is all I can tell you are capable of driving. Even then that will be questionable. So please leave your 2 cents out and comeback when you are mature enough to post a legitimate comment.
Old 05-24-2004, 12:26 PM
Tech Adept

Originally posted by Sow&Steady
Looks spanking new now
Well it is bought the kit saturdaymorning and ran it sunday afternoon for about 6 tanks. Ruined a new motor 'cause it was so much fun driving the car I forgot I was breaking in the engine
Old 05-24-2004, 12:29 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by Herbie
Well it is bought the kit saturdaymorning and ran it sunday afternoon for about 6 tanks. Ruined a new motor 'cause it was so much fun driving the car I forgot I was breaking in the engine
Is your engine really dead? Mine's looking a lot better now - I just need a new glow plug and then I can do a quick check to see if everything is running ok.
Old 05-24-2004, 12:32 PM
Tech Elite

Default Re: Re: NICE TRACK THERE!

It really is a nice track. You'll need lots of confidence in your car to make a good lap 'cause a little mistake and your lost.

The sweeper coming on the straight is the tire terror corner you can take it full throttle but your rightreartire will be gone when doing it full throttle everytime. So tire swap every 1 or 2 tanks.
The corner at the end of the straight is banked so you can take it fast too.

The only corner where we brake is the last corner for the pitlane.
That's when using what shore Herbie?
Old 05-24-2004, 12:36 PM
Tech Elite

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Tight track engine

Originally posted by markp27
I'd be willing to do a bit of testing Just say when and I can see if I can fit you into my busy schedule
Ah! Meister in online ...!

Go on then, go here now.

Everyone else welcomed to try too. Just type in a nickname and click chat
Old 05-24-2004, 12:39 PM
Tech Elite

Oh dear ... go to the chat test
Tech Regular

Talking

Hey Guys,

Look what I bought this saturday!!!!!! Build in the afternoon and was driving it yesterday. Couldn't stand not having a 710 but now I know what you're all talking about. Had the car setup as in the book but didn't do it very accurate.

First lap out the car spun on power leaving corners. Ran 1 tank and then realized I never put on the side belt!!!!

After putting on the side belt the car was glued to the track. I was running in the engine but the car was driving so nice I was a little careless with the running in. Engine temp after 4 tanks when doing moderate laps was about 136 Celsius. Guess I need a rebuild soon.

Really enjoyed running the car. It was behaving very nice even with not a perfect chassis set up.

By the way guess what I broke?!?!?!?!?!

Welcome to the snake pit Herbie. Glad to see another happy snaker !!!! You made a great choice . Congrats!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Tech Adept

No it's not dead yet but I think I shortened it's lifespan when running it to hot. The temp was 146 celsius after the fourth tank.

This is the sleeve if you can see it clearly. Can't post that big a picture here. Everthing looks fine and the engine still has enough compression. It was also eating my glowplug 'cause of the temp I think. Was running a 5 rossiplug but I'll try a 6 or 7 next weekend when running at a clubrace. First race with my 710 could be fun.
Attached Thumbnails Serpent 710-dscf0147.jpg  
Old 05-24-2004, 12:47 PM
Tech Regular

Talking

Originally posted by Marcos.S710
"hudy" you are the one in the other forums bashing serpent! by the way why are you now selling the mugen mtx3 that you just bought? Ill give you 50 bucks for it!

i guess the mugen wasnt strong enough for you

Hey Marcos like I said the little snoot nose can't drive so when he crashes its the cars fault. he needs a car with auto pilot or atleast child Proof
Old 05-24-2004, 12:51 PM
Tech Regular

Thumbs up Re: Re: Re: Re: Tight track engine

Originally posted by crashed_1
or perhaps something from here.

Yes that could be the ticket I have a siro EVO 2 from him that is supposed to be awesome for tite tracks I have not run it in my car yet just on the run in bench and it sounds crazy powerful.
Old 05-24-2004, 12:55 PM
Tech Elite

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Tight track engine

Come everyone , click here now.

Just for fun ...
Old 05-24-2004, 01:17 PM
Tech Regular

Thumbs up

Originally posted by jhigga15
The 710 Building is giong great!!! The car looks wonderful. You guys were right. You guys were right. The JR recievers do not fit. I had to do some mods to the box and the reciever itself. I will post some pics to show you guys whats up. Now I just have to get a engine, and bump box. Should I look into getting a serpent Bump Box or a different one?
Thanks

Glad to hear its going well for you. As far as the starterBox I bought the serpent one and love it I had 3 other brand boxes and find the serpent one one of the best made yet.
Old 05-24-2004, 01:20 PM
Tech Regular

Thumbs up

Cleaned my 710 this afternoon which went very well. The car is so easy to work on, the only thing is it's so small compared to my 950r

Took the motor apart and it looks like the easy handling with the stock setup messed up the new engine by enjoying it to much.

I have a nova based mugen mr12 can a p/s from a sx 12 be used in the crankcase?

the only thing I noticed yesterday that when on power out of the corner I got a bit of understeer, guess I will use red springs on the rear next clubrace, could be to much power though
Ride looks nice .What pipe are you running ?
Old 05-24-2004, 01:36 PM
Tech Adept

Dont know excactly but it's a nova rossi and it's efra legal. I only see a art.number and a batchnumber on the box.

Art. 52604

go to the following site and see for yourself by the exhausts

http://www.novarossi.it/index_ing.html

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.