Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Serpent 710

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2004, 07:47 PM
Tech Prophet

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: ATTENTION: TRACTION ROLL...Help!Help!

Originally posted by Proficar403
Your setup just looks too stiff...blue/red with 50w.
Agreed. I tried 50wt Serpent shock oil with 5x1.2 holes in the piston and I have already found it a little stiff for my track.

It does not make the car sluggish, that's for sure.
If you have a high speed on throttle sweeper, you need to stiffen the rear to keep the rear from bottoming out and loosing on power steering. That would depend from one track to another track. Stiffening it would be like changing to a more steep rear shock angle or by using a harder rear spring.
Old 06-17-2004, 07:50 PM
Tech Prophet

Originally posted by mariochi
P.S.front shock more vertical is IMPOSSIBLE WITH LOLA body and Lolashocktower.
Have you tried the Loletta shell? That one has a higher front part which allows you to use the standard front shock tower without reverting back to the lower Serpent Lola shock tower.
Old 06-17-2004, 07:54 PM
Tech Prophet

TODAY I HAVE TRIED yellow sping all around . The car is incostant in lap time and it is , at the same time , too attached to the ground and not well predictable when you push it to the limit....
Did you swap in the yellow spring all around WITHOUT changing the 50wt Serpent shock oil or did you use the yellow springs with Serpent 30wt shock oil?
Old 06-17-2004, 07:55 PM
Tech Prophet

Default Re: Re: Re: ATTENTION: TRACTION ROLL...Help!Help!

ALREADY DONE
SEE MY SETUP HERE : www.mytsn.com/setups/setup.asp?sid=2350
any GOOD IDEAS????
I don't know about anybody else but don't you think -4 and -3 for the FRONT camber is a little too excessive? Try 200 mm front trackwidth.

I would also try softer shocks all round (yellow springs with Serpent 30wt oil with 4 or 5 holes) like what Proficar403 advised but use the sway bar to tune and harden the front end to your liking. Works for me.
Old 06-17-2004, 07:56 PM
Tech Prophet

Default Re: Need help with setup - car pushes

Originally posted by GlennCauley
THINGS I WAS THINKING OF CHANGING:
1) Front roll center - lower
2) Front caster – less
3) Front track-width - narrower (will also help with dogbone issue)
I would do the same on the above except putting the front roll center HIGHER. I found it makes the front end of the car more agile. The camber change in the front would be good going in and out of corners.

Perhaps also loosen a little on the rear ball diff helps the car rotate around the corners easier. A slightly higher rear roll center works too.
Old 06-17-2004, 07:58 PM
Tech Prophet

That's what I thought, until I finally tried it and got a second faster. You also get the luxury of even tire wear. No more truing just the fronts. I was actually disappointed in the car until I tried 37F/40R, now I love it!
Yes. I tried it when I was using front solid axle and love the way the front and rear tires wore the same.

Another change that works well is standing up the front shocks. It does very well in making the car turn in more aggressively.
In my testings, I have found the shocks to perform better when the shocks stand up more. Front and rear. This is with yellow springs and 40wt Serpent shock oil with 4x1.2 mm shock pistons.
Old 06-17-2004, 07:58 PM

Default Re: ATTENTION: TRACTION ROLL...Help!Help!

Me, and some friend of mine have some trouble with traction roll with Serpent710 when the track is well gripped (AFTER 20 MINUTES OF RACE).
I believe Arct C has answer your question on mytsn forum. He is on of the best guy
Old 06-17-2004, 07:59 PM
Tech Prophet

Originally posted by GlennCauley
If I lower the front top arm holder, won't that raise my front roll center and give less front traction?
On the contrary, more camber changes in the front tires due to the steeper angles of the front arms would give you more traction in and out of corners.
Old 06-17-2004, 07:59 PM
Tech Prophet

Default Re: Re: ATTENTION: TRACTION ROLL...Help!Help!

Originally posted by Pyramid
I believe Arct C has answer your question on mytsn forum. He is on of the best guy
Old 06-17-2004, 08:00 PM
Tech Prophet

Originally posted by GoldFinger
Bro, find yuor time to download AMCClaps by Mark Green from uncle Sow. It change my own basic rule to setup a car.
Watch carefully his car "sways"(??) into corner.
I believe he was using LB, last week I try that and my car react just like his car. Unfortunately my finger did not..
I've already downloaded that vid some time back. Thanks to Uncle Sow.

You know what, that driving style is very similar to Thai driver Suruth when I watch him drive in Thailand. Very agressive in and out of corners with the rear swaying in and out like that.

If I have the time, I'll try the LB instead this weekend to lower the rear roll center. But I think I also need to lower my front roll center to stock position to balance it out with the change in the rear.
Old 06-17-2004, 08:07 PM
Tech Master

how can I expect my s710 to handle on the track with yellow springs all around and 30wt oil basically the stock set-up Im waiting for my NovaMega
Old 06-17-2004, 08:08 PM

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: ATTENTION: TRACTION ROLL...Help!Help!

Originally posted by InitialD
If you have a high speed on throttle sweeper, you need to stiffen the rear to keep the rear from bottoming out and loosing on power steering.
Or higher ride height... if you prefer and the car has no traction roll problem
Old 06-17-2004, 08:13 PM
Tech Prophet

Originally posted by FW05R
how can I expect my s710 to handle on the track with yellow springs all around and 30wt oil basically the stock set-up Im waiting for my NovaMega
The stock setup works on most tracks. Try changing the kit tires to tires that you really know the shore number. Use equal shore front and rear. The kit tires are like 40 shore front and 37 shore rear.

Once you get it running, then write down what you found lacking in the car's handling i.e. understeer, oversteer etc. Then fine tune from there.
Old 06-17-2004, 08:15 PM
Tech Prophet

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: ATTENTION: TRACTION ROLL...Help!Help!

Originally posted by Pyramid
Or higher ride height... if you prefer and the car has no traction roll problem
Yeah true. Using harder rear springs than front also means that provided you do not have rear traction problems either.
Old 06-17-2004, 08:29 PM
Tech Fanatic

yah i need to give more ster for my 710, either i used soft front harder rear or lower tyre shore for my front

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.