R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 03-11-2004, 02:10 AM   #5731
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally posted by InitialD
Not by me though... Some ideas here and there especially from Punisher and Pitracer.

It gives a better punch on the clutch. The clutch does not seem to slip. With a .4 mm end float, you bring the clutch shoe closer so that you can tighten up the clutch spring and still get the clutch to engage.

The end result is you get a very punchy and responsive clutch and because of the smaller end float, you get a smoother clutch engagement which can be almost instant depending on how you set it.
Let me get something straight,
the flyweights actually sit IN BETWEEN the flywheeel pins, and not on them?

Has anyone seen any negative effects to this mod?
Old 03-11-2004, 02:13 AM   #5732
Tech Prophet

Quote:
Originally posted by Proficar403
Also, I noticed on some new 710's today (I bought mine from the first shipment) a couple of differences.
First, the new flywheels were black, while mine is the "hardened" color. Also, the first gears on the clutch bells were brown (instead of black like mine), and did NOT include the thin silver shim, or the supplemental sheet containing the details of the shim. What's the deal with these changes?
I noticed from the LHS that some 1st gear pinions (18T) were chocolate bronze brown in colour. Almost looked too tempting to be eaten !

Anyway from what I've heard, the silver shim is not needed anymore as it has already been integrated in the 1st gear pinion. I have not changed my pinions yet (still lasting) so I have no idea if that is true or not.

As for the black flywheels, don't know. But it sure looks cool though.
InitialD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2004, 02:23 AM   #5733
Tech Prophet

Quote:
Let me get something straight,
the flyweights actually sit IN BETWEEN the flywheeel pins, and not on them?
Yes. I believe the FAQ has some pics of it.

Quote:
Has anyone seen any negative effects to this mod?
Somebody mentioned to me that if you do not cut the flyweights or install them correctly, the clutch will not disengage properly. I agree somewhat...

So this person continued to a give suggestion to cut the existing shoes into 3 pieces where the holes are so that these new flyweights will sit exactly in between the flywheel pins. You need to get a new clutch shoe as a replacement of the clutch shoe that you'll be cutting.

I'm currently using these modded flyweights on my clutch and pretty satisfied with it over the weekend. I'm just not too happy with the harder Centax II spring which I'm currently using. I thought the stock gold one is better... Maybe I just need more testing.

Anyway, I think it's because of the shape of the original weights compared to the shape of the flyweights modded from the clutch shoe. The angled part is larger on the clutch shoe and so it slides outward much better and straighter.

You probably want to lighten the clutch shoe modded flyweights. If you look at the clutch shoe, you will see the recess for the spring cup. You can make that recess all the way through by removing the extra material.

I'll try to post some pics tonight.
Old 03-11-2004, 02:28 AM   #5734
Tech Fanatic

Hm... I dont think I can get the radio playing games... what would be the point??? I may be able to get it playing movies in black and green or white, but why? you are already 2 fast 2 furious... I am so lame
BaxterC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2004, 02:31 AM   #5735
Tech Prophet

Quote:
Originally posted by BaxterC
I may be able to get it playing movies in black and green or white, but why?
Black and green would be fine because I like to watch and do stunts like what Trinity does in the Matrix !
Old 03-11-2004, 02:36 AM   #5736
Tech Fanatic

Hey... I had an Idea... thank you InitialD... build a radio with a colour screen in it and put a camera in the car, the bumber would be fine and you could run the car behind buildings and things coz you would be able to see what is going on... would need to be a camera with a transmitter, and the radio a receiver of tv signals... this could also be a good design that if you are at the track on a sunday, you could still watch the F1 on your radio!!!
Old 03-11-2004, 04:49 AM   #5737
Tech Rookie

Hey guys me agen ! Just wondering if you guys know anywhere where i can see how people fit Lola bodies onto the 710? I know wat they do but i just wanna see wat it looks like and wat bits or watever i will need!

CHEERS!

>MRME<
MRME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2004, 08:11 AM   #5738
Tech Fanatic

This forum has been dead all day.... I need a fix... and I am sure MRME would like some help, I cant, otherwise I would have...
Old 03-11-2004, 08:14 AM   #5739
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Please "D" when you get a chance could you post some pics of the clutch setup your talking about? You kinda lost me on your last post
SupermaxxRich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2004, 08:30 AM   #5740
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to kreidel

Quote:
Originally posted by SupermaxxRich
Please "D" when you get a chance could you post some pics of the clutch setup your talking about? You kinda lost me on your last post
Go on back a several pages and you will find it. It has been posted many times before, you should go back and find them and maybe find a couple other good ideas and topics.
kreidel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2004, 08:36 AM   #5741
Tech Fanatic

Hey guys have a look at this... searching for things, I found this...

http://www.hixnet.co.za/home/adnams/

I wish I could airbrush like this
Old 03-11-2004, 09:36 AM   #5742
Tech Elite

Send a message via ICQ to markp27

Quote:
Originally posted by kreidel
Go on back a several pages and you will find it. It has been posted many times before, you should go back and find them and maybe find a couple other good ideas and topics.
The pics are in the FAQ, too. Go back one or two pages, the FAQ is posted there.

Cheers, Mark.
markp27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2004, 09:37 AM   #5743
Tech Elite

Send a message via ICQ to markp27

Quote:
Originally posted by MRME
Hey guys me agen ! Just wondering if you guys know anywhere where i can see how people fit Lola bodies onto the 710? I know wat they do but i just wanna see wat it looks like and wat bits or watever i will need!

CHEERS!

>MRME<
InitialD is probably your best bet for this question - he'll be online soon enough
markp27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2004, 10:48 AM   #5744
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally posted by InitialD
That's a good one !

But with my longer fueling times, he needs to go in more times and by that way, we avoid each other in the pit lane ! Thank god for that !
Take a close look-I bet he's using lithium batteries, and has an auxillary fuel tank in the battery space!
clmbia45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2004, 11:02 AM   #5745
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally posted by Pyramid
I believe there is still 0.5mm at least for chassis clearance on S710 using S9550 for steering.. otherwise I wont put mine

Yes, you are right.. it will not broke on impact, in fact, the serpent servo horn will I have friend who is using those sanwa WR? (the newest 13kg digital servo) on throttle and has burn 3 times. He set it quite tight I believe, but that's 13kg

Yes D, those shock tower are not 4mm as I mentioned since I tought the original is 3mm and the new one looks like having 1mm thicker.. You should get those new lightweight pulley aluminum adaptor/holder as well since you are quite Serpent freak not to mention for having the refference guide keep in the pocket all the time also
Carefully check the rear inner corner of the servo after installation, for clearance.
clmbia45 is offline   Reply With Quote