Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Serpent 710

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2004, 07:09 PM
Tech Adept

those of you who own a hpi r40 and a serpent 710 which do you think handles better and and if you own a mugen and a kyosho v-1 rr evo too which do you think is the best out of all these cars?
Old 02-05-2004, 07:24 PM
Tech Prophet

Originally posted by baller360
those of you who own a hpi r40 and a serpent 710 which do you think handles better and and if you own a mugen and a kyosho v-1 rr evo too which do you think is the best out of all these cars?
Sow&Steady, you want to answer this?

I think clmbia45 mentioned some time back that after driving the 710, he sold his two of his MTX-3 cars. Don't know what he meants by that though...

That said, my personal opinion is that all new cars in the market are equal. They each have their pros and cons and all of them do not come without problems !

So if it's a decission you have to make between those cars, please make it base on the available trackside support in terms of availability of parts from LHS and technical support from people who drive at your local track. Good luck.
Old 02-05-2004, 07:27 PM
Tech Prophet

Originally posted by Sow&Steady
Most likely Ellergi 37 rears and 40 fronts.
Do you have a durometer Sow&Steady?

I think I remembered clmbia45 mentioning that his durometer indicated that the Ellegis that came with the kit were 37 shore in the rear and 40 shore in the front.

However, if you look at the parts list, the front is 40 shore but the rear is indicated 35 shore !
Old 02-05-2004, 07:32 PM
Tech Prophet

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Leaving Serpent

Originally posted by Picard
I am curious as I have just sold my R12 and bought a 710, My r12 was very fragile in that it never finished a race something always let go, This is the reason I bought the serpent, do you mean fridgaile in that when you hit a board something breaks or if you have a clean run the car was still not reliable I am very curious
The car holds the settings fine. Personally, I have not had to replace a part due to it wearing off. The belts and pulleys are still original from the kit. If you hit or clip the boards hard, then of course you'll break something. Any car will break unless you have a Impulse / 705 !
Old 02-05-2004, 07:48 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally posted by InitialD
I think clmbia45 mentioned some time back that after driving the 710, he sold his two of his MTX-3 cars. Don't know what he meants by that though...

I think kreidel mentioned that after driving the 710, he sold it and returned to his MTX-3. Don't know what he meants by that though...

Fair is fair,don't you agree?
Old 02-05-2004, 07:51 PM
Tech Fanatic

Now that Data has put on hold his 710,I might get one soon to see for myself what all the talk is about both good and bad.
Old 02-05-2004, 08:27 PM
Tech Fanatic

Just want to make sure what "droop" means. Does it mean how much the suspension arms move upwards in the direction where the car sits lower? I think it was mentioned in the setup book but I forgot
Old 02-05-2004, 09:12 PM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 239 (100%+)
Default Re: Re: Leaving Serpent

You win some ... you lose some!
I sure will hope so!
Old 02-05-2004, 09:16 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by baller360
I have a few cars just for trying out but there's some cars I won't even try and the R40 was one of them. When the car arrived in our LHS, I was there right away. I don't really want to elaborate my reasons lest I aim to start another "war".

I agree with D's comments in that most of the new cars are roughly equal. In my opinion, give or take a few quirks from each, I would put the MTX3 and the 710 real close.

The 710 has an edge IMHO. It incorporates the latest technology in design, materials and concept. More importantly, even with its more than adequate number of adjustments and tweaking possibilities, it has a sweet spot large enough that if you mess up the adjustments during a race, you'd not be too far off .... very forgiving!

I've decided to keep one of my MTX and two 710s for my racing stable.
Old 02-05-2004, 09:17 PM
Tech Elite

Do you have a durometer Sow&Steady?

I think I remembered clmbia45 mentioning that his durometer indicated that the Ellegis that came with the kit were 37 shore in the rear and 40 shore in the front.

However, if you look at the parts list, the front is 40 shore but the rear is indicated 35 shore !
D, I don't think I'll ever be able to match you in terms of Pit Gadgets.

If I had a durometer, I wouldn't have said "Probably"
Old 02-05-2004, 09:21 PM
Tech Elite

... I think I remembered clmbia45 mentioning that his durometer indicated that the Ellegis that came with the kit were 37 shore in the rear and 40 shore in the front.

Ah, so my Fingure-o-meter is quite comparable to a durometer but obviously they can't read the manual!
Old 02-05-2004, 09:22 PM
Tech Elite

Default Re: Re: Re: Leaving Serpent

Originally posted by r12 schumacher
I sure will hope so!
You will not be disappointed ... my advice : practise, practise, practise and USE the "bible" ... errrr ... and not as much time on this forum as D does!
Old 02-05-2004, 09:28 PM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 239 (100%+)
Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Leaving Serpent

You will not be disappointed ... my advice : practise, practise, practise and USE the "bible" ... errrr ... and not as much time on this forum as D does!
well i raced serpents for a few years and love it but tried the fusion, very fast but not reliable and hardly no hop-ups for the car , so went back to serpent , thanks Kreidel .
Old 02-05-2004, 09:38 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default 710 Clarification for Leaving

Within 3 tanks of driving my 710 on the track I had posted a lap time equal to my best lap time ever, so I know the car is fast. At tank number 7 my wheel nut came off and I lost control and slammed a board and broke the DRS link, rear shock shaft, and pulled a pivot ball out of the arm. I did not fault the 710 for breaking....any car would have broken regardless what anyone says or might think. I repaired it and brought it out to practice and didnt have as good of conditions that I had a week before due to rain washing away the traction compund and the track being dusty. A week later I went and raced the 710 and placed 2nd in the A main (my placing doesnt matter here...the car didnt get me second...I did..I just wanted to brag alittle) and the car performed very well. I had ran in 3 five minute qualifiers and a 30 minute main without wrecking or needing a turn marshalls assistance. A little later I had went out for some testing at the track and rear ended a slower car but nothing hard and still maintained control but after finsihing off the tank I noticed a cracked lower bumper. I thought it should'nt have broken with such a low speed crash but realized that a lola style bumper is coming very soon and that would have protected the car and would have not sustained damage. But after refueling and taking another crash that was my fault that resulted in pulling the threads of the pillowball out of the rear arm I was little disappointed. Does this mean the 710 is no good? Of course it doesnt. I did realize that it was not as durable as another car I owned and felt I actually might be faster with the 710. But then I opted to stay with what I felt was slightly more durable and could suit my needs better. The way I look at it is sometimes you just stay with things that are more comfortable to you or maybe something you have had awhile because change is never easy.
Old 02-05-2004, 10:00 PM
Tech Fanatic

Thumbs up

With that honesty and attitude like that, sure you were the champion.
I really appreciated your decision.. good luck kreidel !

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.