Wiki Posts
Search

Serpent 710

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2004, 09:42 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally posted by InitialD
I cut both the metal and the plastic !

I cut the metal (the stock rod linkage) down to 17 mm. Stock lenght of the rod linkage is 23 mm from tip to tip.

As for the plastic, I trimmed the length of the ball cups. The picture attached shows the top one being the original (and uncut) and the bottom one is the one that was trimmed.

This combo gives the total length of the ball cups and rod linkage assembly as 39.5 mm instead of 44.5 mm.
Thanks a lot D
Knew you would understand!
Old 01-02-2004, 10:37 AM
Tech Fanatic

Great pics I.D.! Thanks!

Congratulation....me 2 It tooks me 3 days to read all the included manual, reference & setup book and till now the car is just not finished yet. Pricy kit needs full attention. I found out to be a snake driver u need skill, patience and lots of asking!!!
Thanks for welcoming me guys!

I agree with Initial D concerning the price of the 710. I think Serpent is here to stay if they continue the trend they have begun. The 710 is going to be the one to 'copy' now. I really like the fact Serpent has chosen not to copy others.

BTW;
I would've been able to finish my 710 in 4 days, but because I'm missing a servo saver cup, I have to wait until Serpent reopens to get it.

ANOTHER QUESTION!
When placing the inserts in the rear section of the car. The set-up book makes reference to upper arm length... Longer Upper Arm and Shorter Upper Arm... Which arm do we have in the Kit?
Old 01-02-2004, 10:50 AM
Tech Master

Originally posted by NitroHead
ANOTHER QUESTION!
When placing the inserts in the rear section of the car. The set-up book makes reference to upper arm length... Longer Upper Arm and Shorter Upper Arm... Which arm do we have in the Kit?
It's one arm! You set the long or short option with the insert and then adjust the upper ball to the correct camber.
Old 01-02-2004, 11:00 AM
Tech Adept

Originally posted by Sow&Steady
Yes, I've surfed there ... its a good one. I've been looking for other personal sites like your since. Well done Mark!

To be honest, I got the idea (where people should have a personal site on their cars and experiences) AFTER surfing your site.

Me? Hmmm ... need to learn a bit of html first and then find a host. I see that this site (RCTech) has a great little hosting (http://www.rctech.net/pages/advertising.shtml ) deal for personal sites ... everyone should look into it.
Thanks for that Sow&Steady, once you get into the html it's not that difficult and quite enjoyable. As for web hosting you may find your ISP provides you with free web space, thats how I started although I appreciate I've still got a hell of a lot to learn.
Old 01-02-2004, 11:53 AM
Tech Adept

Yup, agreed that having a personal site is good but I think the idea of a forum is better as it promotes better interaction amongst racers especially in an interesting and complicated (not to mention expensive !) hobby of ours.

A personal site is more of one party giving and the other party receiving. A forum such as this encourages a free flow of ideas exchanged and opinions expressed.
I agree with you there D, but a personal website allows you to showcase your expensive pride and joy and if other people can find it useful so much the better.

Of course a personal site eliminates one having to repeat what you have mentioned again and again...
Old 01-02-2004, 12:02 PM
Tech Adept

Originally posted by Sow&Steady
Nope, flite is tomorrow so will be back by Sunday pm. Then I'll use my "jet-lag" ticket to stay up all night and build the 710!
Did you buy the car in the UK or while over seas? When will you be racing it at LRRC?
Old 01-02-2004, 12:46 PM
Tech Elite

Of course a personal site eliminates one having to repeat what you have mentioned again and again...
Yes. Also, if one organizes the site well, the info can be searcheable.
Old 01-02-2004, 12:50 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by Diesel Racer
Did you buy the car in the UK or while over seas? When will you be racing it at LRRC?
I'll PM you
Old 01-02-2004, 01:27 PM
Tech Fanatic

Thanks Julius, just needed confirmation.
Old 01-02-2004, 01:52 PM
Suspended

Default MORE PICS

I NEED MORE AWESOME PICS OF THE 710 PLEASE!!KENCHOCO
Old 01-02-2004, 02:22 PM
Tech Regular

Goldfinger was one of the first to assemble his 710. He mentioned that in order to get the left and right steering throw equal, you need to shorten the linkage from 44.5 mm to 39.5 mm. This is what I did and I'm very well pleased with what I did !

Ummm, on a side note, I've repeated this a few times already with pics and all. Sorry but I wonder what would happen if I lumped all my replies in one post. People will never get anything !
I have explored the geometry in my head, and I believe you are correct. The servo arm needs to be foreward of 90 degrees to the servo, so that it forms the radius to the servo arc at the point where the linkage arm is tangent to the arc. I will shorten the link next time I tear it apart.

Last edited by clmbia45; 01-03-2004 at 12:48 PM.
Old 01-02-2004, 10:06 PM
Tech Prophet

Default Re: MORE PICS

Originally posted by kenchoco
I NEED MORE AWESOME PICS OF THE 710 PLEASE!!KENCHOCO
You ask for it ! These are the pics of my 710 that I posted recently but I've put them all in one page and smaller size for convenience.

Old 01-03-2004, 12:03 AM
Tech Adept

Getting there, just need the radio and pipe etc now...
Old 01-03-2004, 12:04 AM
Tech Adept

opps...

Try again
Attached Thumbnails Serpent 710-im001009.jpg  
Old 01-03-2004, 12:11 AM
Tech Prophet

Originally posted by S710_Nut
opps...

Try again
Looks good. Already getting ready the cleaning gum?

Just thought you should know that you need to take off the radio plate and the steering cam to fit the servos. Especially the steering servo !

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.