Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Serpent 710

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2005, 08:26 PM
Tech Elite

hey d,how is the build quality of the 710???any tips on building it???i've got a manual for the car(tomato gave),and it seems that the centax and the rear diff is really confusing to me.if i do get the car,please help me with that.and what hop ups ur using???
Old 04-19-2005, 08:52 PM
Tech Prophet

Originally posted by ntc3freak
hey d,how is the build quality of the 710???any tips on building it???i've got a manual for the car(tomato gave),and it seems that the centax and the rear diff is really confusing to me.if i do get the car,please help me with that.and what hop ups ur using???
Build quaility is excellent. Let me know when you're actually getting the car. Build the other parts of the car and leave the clutch and the diff later and I'll help you.
Old 04-19-2005, 09:43 PM
Tech Addict

Originally posted by ntc3freak
You may want to get the solid axle and also ball diff for the front.
Would make the car a lot easier to drive.
The rest of the hop-up parts can some later.

Let D help you modify the Centax clutch so that it engages better.

So when are you getting your car?
Old 04-19-2005, 10:23 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

You can't beat the 710. My first race with it saw me close to 1 second a lap faster then my CD3 with no changes to set up, with the same engine!!
Old 04-19-2005, 10:27 PM
Tech Elite

D - PM at 3hobby!!
Old 04-19-2005, 10:36 PM
Tech Champion

Originally posted by ruD
Hi there,
Has anyone tried running with anti-squat by using the pivot inserts lower centered (P/N 802325)?

Is it possible to run with minimum DRS ie. by placing all the DRS spacers at below the arm? I've tried and mine seems to bind with the 2-speed spur.

Thanks
all u nid to do up DRS is a 2.5 tools and a sharper long nose,I just nid 10mnts do it both!
d local KR i v been using it all d while,but with no F&R sway to caters..but it WAS awesome!!
Old 04-19-2005, 10:44 PM
Tech Prophet

Originally posted by Greg M
You can't beat the 710. My first race with it saw me close to 1 second a lap faster then my CD3 with no changes to set up, with the same engine!!
Hey Greg, glad things are working out good for you (two) guys down there. Well, I'll probably be dropping by there for two weeks in NZ for a short holiday. Where about are you and Brett?
Old 04-19-2005, 11:10 PM
Tech Addict

Brett's in Auckland and I'm in New Plymouth. With the Worlds next year only across the ditch in Australia, its more than likely both of us will be there. We don't know how many spots NZ will be allocated or even the qualifying procedure at the moment, but if I'm not racing, I'll be there in support of the Kiwi's. Hopefully meet a few of the guys on the board while there.
Old 04-19-2005, 11:27 PM
Tech Addict

Ah ha the 710 will rule the country!!!

Glad to see you like the car Greg
Old 04-19-2005, 11:30 PM
Tech Addict

Originally posted by InitialD
Hey Greg, glad things are working out good for you (two) guys down there. Well, I'll probably be dropping by there for two weeks in NZ for a short holiday. Where about are you and Brett?
Wicked come visit us i live about 10mins from the track. be cool to see you, and yes hopefully attending the worlds! Looks like i will be in aussie in June for the HPI race as well.
Old 04-20-2005, 01:21 AM
Tech Elite

Brett's in Auckland and I'm in New Plymouth. With the Worlds next year only across the ditch in Australia, its more than likely both of us will be there. We don't know how many spots NZ will be allocated or even the qualifying procedure at the moment, but if I'm not racing, I'll be there in support of the Kiwi's. Hopefully meet a few of the guys on the board while there.
Waking up with a view of Mt. Taranaki is one of life's little pleasures. Of course, the black sanded beach is unique too.

Very nice place to live ... NZ.
Old 04-20-2005, 01:27 AM
Tech Prophet

Originally posted by Sow&Steady
Waking up with a view of Mt. Taranaki is one of life's little pleasures. Of course, the black sanded beach is unique too.

Very nice place to live ... NZ.
But I think living in NZ plus living about 10 minutes away from the track is even more bliss !
Old 04-20-2005, 01:33 AM
Tech Addict

I'm 10 minutes from my track too.

Heading down to Palmerston North this Sunday for a track opening, seems like alot of guys are going. Should be a good meeting, just under 3 hours drive away.

New Plymouth is a great place to live, alot of others are realising it too, our house prices have doubled recently, highest increase in the country. I wouldn't live anywhere else, 5 minutes too work and free parking 100 meters away
Old 04-20-2005, 04:29 AM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by InitialD
Build quaility is excellent. Let me know when you're actually getting the car. Build the other parts of the car and leave the clutch and the diff later and I'll help you.

thanks d.but wait for somebody to buy my car 1st
Old 04-20-2005, 04:30 AM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by Darth Vader
You may want to get the solid axle and also ball diff for the front.
Would make the car a lot easier to drive.
The rest of the hop-up parts can some later.

Let D help you modify the Centax clutch so that it engages better.

So when are you getting your car?

will do.maybe the end of next month

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.