R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 11-18-2012, 10:44 PM   #2536
Tech Elite
 
Bishop's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Brisbane
Posts: 2,223
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

http://events.redrc.net/2012/11/chas...hiro-terauchi/

That is about all you can find in the way of any focus on the Mugens, almost nothing on Robs or JJs cars.
__________________
QRCCRA
www.qrccra.org.au
www.facebook.com/englandparkraceway
www.myrcm.ch/main?pLa=en&hId[1]=org&dId[O]=4331
Bishop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 11:14 PM   #2537
Tech Regular
 
bigbank66's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: folsom, ca
Posts: 292
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Thanks bishop. ..hey fellas im looking for a better brake pad than the stock one...an do anyone know who makes a steel pinions??
bigbank66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 11:26 PM   #2538
Tech Elite
 
Bishop's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Brisbane
Posts: 2,223
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

As far as I'm aware, no one makes steel pinions for the five.

With brakes, there is just a couple, I think the Mugen options grab a little better, there is also one out of Japan that also grips a little better, not sure though.
__________________
QRCCRA
www.qrccra.org.au
www.facebook.com/englandparkraceway
www.myrcm.ch/main?pLa=en&hId[1]=org&dId[O]=4331
Bishop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 02:26 AM   #2539
Tech Fanatic
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 753
Default

maybe the bloke that designed the car could make some instead of mucking with electric
one but i forgot he gets it all free
greg
sorry i said i was not going to say anything bad about 5 it just got the better of me
greg.dawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 06:40 AM   #2540
Tech Addict
 
shanwright's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Brisbane, Northside
Posts: 743
Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)
Talking Grumpy

Quote:
Originally Posted by greg.dawn View Post
maybe the bloke that designed the car could make some instead of mucking with electric
one but i forgot he gets it all free
greg
sorry i said i was not going to say anything bad about 5 it just got the better of me

Greg your Grumpy old fart !!
Steve
shanwright is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 09:59 AM   #2541
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 184
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bishop View Post
http://events.redrc.net/2012/11/chas...hiro-terauchi/

That is about all you can find in the way of any focus on the Mugens, almost nothing on Robs or JJs cars.
there are a few

Last edited by Ghett0; 02-17-2013 at 02:26 PM.
Ghett0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 11:07 AM   #2542
Tech Initiate
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 42
Default

That's pitty RedRC didn't show pictures of winning cars (like did on previous events). Would be good to compare individual upgrades. Do somebody know if all Mugen drivers have use new chassis and spurs? And how many used brace? Did they have problems with striping? I didn't notice this info here nor RedRC.
majk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 11:57 AM   #2543
Tech Elite
 
Francis M.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Yorba Linda, CA
Posts: 4,719
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default RE: mugen option parts

Terauchi Hiro's car is featured in Red RC.... He's one of the top mugen drivers and his car would be really close to what Fukuda and RPs car looked like for the worlds...
Francis M. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 04:21 PM   #2544
Tech Elite
 
Chickentrader's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Landsborough, Queensland, Australia.
Posts: 2,142
Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by majk View Post
That's pitty RedRC didn't show pictures of winning cars (like did on previous events). Would be good to compare individual upgrades. Do somebody know if all Mugen drivers have use new chassis and spurs? And how many used brace? Did they have problems with striping? I didn't notice this info here nor RedRC.
Stripped gears didn't seem to be problem this time. Pietsch's car didn't have a brace when it came back from 1/4s, but one eagle eyed member of our team spotted that he had different coloured plastic gears. He may have used some other kind of chassis stiffener system however; it was hard to see at the brief moment without a body during scrutineering.

Some pictures of Meen's KM at the KM thread, and I also have a picture of Hara's HPI. P.M. me if anyone wants to see it. Most drivers didn't attend the presentation banquet, so I have no picture of Francesco's car.

Kindest regards,
Lars.
__________________
Support your local RC stores - they support our sport!
Social media – The empowerment of the small individual to enforce democratic process at the expense of dishonesty.
Chickentrader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 05:26 PM   #2545
Tech Rookie
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 8
Default New Chassis, new monobloc and new gears from Mugen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chickentrader View Post
Stripped gears didn't seem to be problem this time. Pietsch's car didn't have a brace when it came back from 1/4s, but one eagle eyed member of our team spotted that he had different coloured plastic gears. He may have used some other kind of chassis stiffener system however; it was hard to see at the brief moment without a body during scrutineering.

Some pictures of Meen's KM at the KM thread, and I also have a picture of Hara's HPI. P.M. me if anyone wants to see it. Most drivers didn't attend the presentation banquet, so I have no picture of Francesco's car.

Kindest regards,
Lars.
1- Does anybody try the new chassis, with the monobloc? Itīs changed a lot the handling of the car?

2- The new Chassis more stifer than the stock one, with the monobloc and new material gears put a END in the Stripped gears ?

3- what you think of the performance of the car in Tailand in the worlds.2 Chassis in the A Main Final.Fukuda and Chevy?

Ps:I donīt want aftermarked options, just MUGEN.

Thanks
toze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 09:40 PM   #2546
Tech Regular
 
bigbank66's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: folsom, ca
Posts: 292
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Aftermarket parts r going to play a part....how can I get more grip out of my brakes?? Have anyone tried the option brake pads??
bigbank66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 10:26 PM   #2547
Tech Fanatic
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 753
Default

if they had got it right we won't all be winging we ran trackside brace at nats 6 days 1 chipped gear including 45 min final
greg
our car is really good now//no gear problems
greg.dawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 12:17 PM   #2548
Tech Regular
 
Perez's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Santa Cruz
Posts: 319
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by toze View Post
1- Does anybody try the new chassis, with the monobloc? Itīs changed a lot the handling of the car?

2- The new Chassis more stifer than the stock one, with the monobloc and new material gears put a END in the Stripped gears ?

3- what you think of the performance of the car in Tailand in the worlds.2 Chassis in the A Main Final.Fukuda and Chevy?

Ps:I donīt want aftermarked options, just MUGEN.

Thanks
The car seemed to be more consistent with the new chassis and mono bloc engine mount. The big difference is that the brakes work much better now with the stiffer setup. I also ran with the new material gears and did not strip for 3 qualifiers and a 30 minute main. This was not the case before...

Good luck
Steve
Perez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 02:13 PM   #2549
Tech Fanatic
 
Seisick's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Posts: 845
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbank66 View Post
Aftermarket parts r going to play a part....how can I get more grip out of my brakes?? Have anyone tried the option brake pads??
someone here used the mtx4 teflon brakes glued to the plates with success, but he had to polish out the compound on the plates of course!
he liked aggresive braking so that did it
__________________
HobbymaniA
GoT MuGeN?
Seisick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 04:05 AM   #2550
Suspended
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 23
Default

cool
adam777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Mugen MTX-3 university_dave Nitro On-Road 17237 12-30-2012 01:16 PM
Mugen MTX-4 Grasshopperr Nitro On-Road 9087 08-30-2011 07:15 PM
Singapore National Series, 2009 Round 2 bullygod Singapore R/C Racers 21 06-27-2009 07:00 AM
Inter-State Racing Competetion Mie3R Malaysian R/C Racers 510 08-12-2008 10:41 PM
INTI College 1/10 Gas Touring (Sarawak,Kuching) LAKIA Malaysian R/C Racers 41 10-18-2007 06:46 PM
TQ With Serpent 720 on 23 & 24 December 2006 in Miri weechor Malaysian R/C Racers 119 02-01-2007 07:04 AM
LRP Nitro Masters 2006 – Malaysia HPC II Malaysian R/C Racers 435 06-28-2006 09:03 AM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 04:17 PM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net