R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 09-04-2012, 05:48 PM   #2386
Tech Fanatic

so a friend of mine was stripping lots of spurs, nothing seemed to worked, so i checked his car and suggested to remesh the gear every often, and adjust them closer, he was surprised to see how close i suggested him , i explained to him that the spurs will adjust after a run and that was it, not a single spur on 3 days of racing for him! btw his chasis ! so basically there are some guys that are lucky to not have issues! and as i said before this kit is for no beginners and requires lots of details to work perfectly, but once is sorted ouT! its as fast as any current top of the line kits! with mugen quality of course!

good luck racing!
Old 09-04-2012, 09:34 PM   #2387
Tech Fanatic

at last the page is the right size again as i have said the car is very good when it is sorted some times it needs lots /lots of patience but not every body has problems we had very little trouble that was not my fault in set up////some times
i gust am grumpy old bugger
greg
greg.dawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 02:35 AM   #2388
Tech Regular

Stripping spurs is something every brand has. i`ve stripped 4 spurs in half an hour before i knew what did it. replaced the clutch bearings first, just a little play noticable.Then the 2e gear bearing, just a little play also. Then i glued the bearings from the gearbox in the upright. The bearings were a little loose but it was enough to strip 2e spur with power. (car was a NT1 by the way 2009 version). Gear mesh is with a piece of paper between the spurs en clutchpinion.
djiewie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 02:26 PM   #2389
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by djiewie View Post
Stripping spurs is something every brand has. i`ve stripped 4 spurs in half an hour before i knew what did it. replaced the clutch bearings first, just a little play noticable.Then the 2e gear bearing, just a little play also. Then i glued the bearings from the gearbox in the upright. The bearings were a little loose but it was enough to strip 2e spur with power. (car was a NT1 by the way 2009 version). Gear mesh is with a piece of paper between the spurs en clutchpinion.
I have never ever stripped any gear that wasn't already worn out in our Capricorns and Kyoshos we used to race; unless there was something else wrong with the car that caused it. I must however admit that we've had issues with with two other brands of cars. But then again it might have been lack of experience that caused it in the two other brands.

Inherent problems with any car; and the manufacturer's response to emerging problems, are usually well documented on public forums like this one however. Mugen has identified the problems with stripped spurs to the use of hard belts, so using soft belt will obviously prevent gear stripping.

Kindest regards,
Lars.
Old 09-05-2012, 04:52 PM   #2390
Tech Fanatic

is that right it is as easy as using the right bra to big to small or not flexible// rubber enough i wish it was that easy but if mugen said that's the problem than they had better tell the people that use rubber belts what to do now
greg
greg.dawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 08:46 PM   #2391
Tech Regular

The belts? Sounds good, but the mesh and alignment has done it for me. By the way, I've been running the same stock belts all summer without a sign of fatigue . I really like this car. I'm glad I switched
Novarossi racing Engines ~Ko Propo, ~Avid Bearings..
VBC Racing Wildfire D07 ~LRP Electronics ~ Fantom Racing
NITTO550 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 08:17 AM   #2392
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by NITTO550 View Post
The belts? Sounds good, but the mesh and alignment has done it for me. By the way, I've been running the same stock belts all summer without a sign of fatigue . I really like this car. I'm glad I switched
same here, urethan all the way, gear meshing and checking every once in a while does the trick! but i must say play on the 2 speed shaft at 0.1mm, almost no space between the 2 speed shoe and the housing, plus some other tips!

good luck
Old 09-06-2012, 09:17 AM   #2393
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I have a question about the 2 speed shaft play. Does the play in your Mugens increase after one or two days of practise?
Old 09-06-2012, 09:38 AM   #2394
Tech Regular

I actually have my shim between the first and second gear , not at the other side. Like this i have had zero problems, except chassis bending due to the type of starter box
Novarossi racing Engines ~Ko Propo, ~Avid Bearings..
VBC Racing Wildfire D07 ~LRP Electronics ~ Fantom Racing
NITTO550 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 01:06 PM   #2395
Tech Initiate

Hi, did you find some info about how was the new chassis on Euro 2012? How Pietsch like it?
majk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 05:04 AM   #2396
Tech Adept

Dont worry about the chassis all i want is the new material for the spurs how far away are they?
baldy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 05:08 AM   #2397
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by SebO View Post
I have a question about the 2 speed shaft play. Does the play in your Mugens increase after one or two days of practise?
Yes
baldy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 06:30 AM   #2398
Tech Addict

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Quote:
Yes x2
shanwright is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 09:10 AM   #2399
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
for sure, as the sparcer on the side puelley is plastic, i now use a 0.2mm shim to obtain a .1mm play on the shaft!

beware youll have to use shims before the cone so to obtain a perfect alingment on the pinions vs spurs, i use a 0.5mm thick shim and i also do the centax gap with 5x7 shims between the outer bearing and the thrust bearing so the edge of the 1st pinions never touches the thrust bearing collar!
Old 09-07-2012, 11:13 AM   #2400
Tech Initiate

http://tuttomugen.jimdo.com/tutto-mt...scoronamenti2/

:-)
maver is offline   Reply With Quote