R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 02-04-2012, 11:30 PM   #1681
Tech Elite
 
Bishop's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Brisbane
Posts: 2,223
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by greg.dawn View Post
lars were can i get red chase to fit mtx5 or shoud i go on cap// site to find out
greg
Any metal plating or anodizing place should be able to anodize something alloy to whatever colour you want, but one offs and small batch lots are expensive to get done.

I have wanted to get a older Nova head anodized black, but not even checked the price on it cause I know it won't be that cheap to do.
__________________
QRCCRA
www.qrccra.org.au
www.facebook.com/englandparkraceway
www.myrcm.ch/main?pLa=en&hId[1]=org&dId[O]=4331
Bishop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2012, 12:07 AM   #1682
Tech Champion
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: www.moorebankraceway.com
Posts: 5,119
Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bishop View Post
Any metal plating or anodizing place should be able to anodize something alloy to whatever colour you want, but one offs and small batch lots are expensive to get done.

I have wanted to get a older Nova head anodized black, but not even checked the price on it cause I know it won't be that cheap to do.

i've paid $70 for a full car to be anodised once. It isn't that expensive. the place is in Newtown, Sydney.
TomB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2012, 12:59 AM   #1683
Tech Elite
 
Bishop's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Brisbane
Posts: 2,223
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomB View Post
i've paid $70 for a full car to be anodised once. It isn't that expensive. the place is in Newtown, Sydney.
The problem lies within the minimum batch fee, be it one head, chassis, or whatever, it would likely be that same $70 at that place regardless, minimum fee in general I think anywhere is from $60-$120 depending on colour etc.

Only time you can get it done for less, is some places will put your gear in with a larger batch from someone else, but that is assuming it's the colour you wanted, and often you may wait a few weeks to get it done.
__________________
QRCCRA
www.qrccra.org.au
www.facebook.com/englandparkraceway
www.myrcm.ch/main?pLa=en&hId[1]=org&dId[O]=4331
Bishop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2012, 01:39 AM   #1684
Tech Champion
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: www.moorebankraceway.com
Posts: 5,119
Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bishop View Post
The problem lies within the minimum batch fee, be it one head, chassis, or whatever, it would likely be that same $70 at that place regardless, minimum fee in general I think anywhere is from $60-$120 depending on colour etc.

Only time you can get it done for less, is some places will put your gear in with a larger batch from someone else, but that is assuming it's the colour you wanted, and often you may wait a few weeks to get it done.
get all the alloy parts of the MTX5 and anodise it black, would look pretty cool in black.

If you get it anodised make sure you don't get the clear coat otherwise it will look shiney. RC cars are just a straight anodise, no clear coat.
TomB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2012, 01:40 PM   #1685
Tech Elite
 
Chickentrader's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Landsborough, Queensland, Australia.
Posts: 2,142
Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDS70 View Post
It makes you wonder why so many Capricorn drivers hang out in the MTX5 thread?????? Must be scared of something?????

Hang on, I don't think the old Chickentrader actually drives a car Capricorn or not, could be wrong though.....
True CDS70; caught out! I don't drive a Capricorn and I'm s--t scared. But this thread is also so much fun, because you can give cheek here and get some bites.

Quote:
Originally Posted by greg.dawn View Post
i am geting a new chase 4 bailey and just 2 stier i want 2 get it recoloured red of course dose aney boady now where in QLD//brisbane i can get it done seaing you have 2 have red 2 win just think how mutch fun it would be 4 bailey 2 win with red bling///mugen
I can bring a can of red paint to Brendale on Saturday, Greg.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomB View Post
Lars spends as much time on the MTX5 thread as i do on the cap thread.

Lars, i've been eying out some capricorn parts for the MTX5, those teflon ball ends look cool, don't think i need them, but they look cool . When is capricorn going to release some lightweight parts for the 5!?
The white ball ends are harder than the black and they do look good, but Capricorn balls are 5.8mm. It would have been so good if all manufacturers used the same size balls; be it 6mm or 5.8mm. Then you could pick the best balls and ends for any car, without the car ending up like a dog's breakfast.

Kindest regards,
Lars.
__________________
Support your local RC stores - they support our sport!
Social media The empowerment of the small individual to enforce democratic process at the expense of dishonesty.
Chickentrader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2012, 01:49 PM   #1686
Tech Master
 
DS Motorsport's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: The Netherlands
Posts: 1,440
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomB View Post
Lars spends as much time on the MTX5 thread as i do on the cap thread.

Lars, i've been eying out some capricorn parts for the MTX5, those teflon ball ends look cool, don't think i need them, but they look cool . When is capricorn going to release some lightweight parts for the 5!?
They already have some:


http://www.capricornrc.com/capricorn/product.php?id_product=1712


And if you convert the car to the white ball ends you can also get the aluminum uniball set.
__________________
P1-RC.com
DS Motorsport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2012, 03:17 PM   #1687
Tech Regular
 
Perez's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Santa Cruz
Posts: 319
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Hey guys! Just joined the Mugen USA team and am really excited to build my car! I am planning on running a LiFe battery but have no idea which one or what rating. any suggestions?

thanks,
Steve
Perez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2012, 07:37 PM   #1688
Tech Initiate
 
Mr Nimrod's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: planet earth
Posts: 25
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by greg.dawn View Post
i am geting a new chase 4 bailey and just 2 stier i want 2 get it recoloured red of course dose aney boady now where in QLD//brisbane i can get it done seaing you have 2 have red 2 win just think how mutch fun it would be 4 bailey 2 win with red bling///mugen
chase-chassis
stier-stir
dose-does
aney-any
boady-body
seaing-seeing
mutch-much
geting-getting

I think you have set a new record for 3-1/2 lines of spelling
Mr Nimrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2012, 09:42 PM   #1689
Tech Elite
 
Bishop's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Brisbane
Posts: 2,223
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perez View Post
Hey guys! Just joined the Mugen USA team and am really excited to build my car! I am planning on running a LiFe battery but have no idea which one or what rating. any suggestions?

thanks,
Steve
INTELLECT/IP do a 1450 and a 1200 LiFe, I have the 1450 and it seems good, I keep meaning to buy some spares, and I think the 1200 would be good for sneaking some weight under it (it's thinner).

Best thing with LiFe, my five has not been run in months, I checked the charge state on the LiFe yesterday, and it was perfect, I could have thrown it on the track without even charging it.
__________________
QRCCRA
www.qrccra.org.au
www.facebook.com/englandparkraceway
www.myrcm.ch/main?pLa=en&hId[1]=org&dId[O]=4331
Bishop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2012, 09:54 PM   #1690
Tech Elite
 
Chickentrader's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Landsborough, Queensland, Australia.
Posts: 2,142
Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Nimrod View Post
chase-chassis
stier-stir
dose-does
aney-any
boady-body
seaing-seeing
mutch-much
geting-getting

I think you have set a new record for 3-1/2 lines of spelling
Aaahhhrr. Doen,t bee soa pikcy. I'ts al jsut funn onn tihs trhead. Bbut presonalyy i doe'nt nedd an spel chekcer.

Kdnest regrads,
Lars.
__________________
Support your local RC stores - they support our sport!
Social media The empowerment of the small individual to enforce democratic process at the expense of dishonesty.
Chickentrader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 12:16 AM   #1691
Tech Addict
 
shanwright's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Brisbane, Northside
Posts: 743
Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chickentrader View Post
Aaahhhrr. Doen,t bee soa pikcy. I'ts al jsut funn onn tihs trhead. Bbut presonalyy i doe'nt nedd an spel chekcer.

Kdnest regrads,
Lars.
yees mee two, me caan unddersande himm juset perffrectllly
shanwright is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 12:20 AM   #1692
Tech Master
 
chippy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: NSW OZ
Posts: 1,492
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Yeh thats half the fun trying to decipher, His cryptic sentences
chippy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 02:32 AM   #1693
prg
Tech Apprentice
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 71
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Greg is one of the nicest grand dads that any nephew could ask for, quite possibly didn't have the same opportunities we enjoy. I have no problems understanding him and enjoy his feed back.
prg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 02:36 AM   #1694
Tech Fanatic
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 753
Default spelling

harry has sent me spellcheck but he will have to show me how to use it i have installed it but thats as far as it goes i was no good at spelling at school and it has not got any beter at least while your picking on me you are leaving some one else alone had grand daughter //she is 8 help me this time hope you ar all satisfied with her spelling
love greg
why do you think i race cars//not very well at least they are//// mugens///
greg.dawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 02:37 AM   #1695
Tech Fanatic
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 753
Default spelling

harry has sent me spellcheck but i have found it also edit//delete buttons

Last edited by greg.dawn; 02-07-2012 at 01:31 AM. Reason: all wrong
greg.dawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Mugen MTX-3 university_dave Nitro On-Road 17237 12-30-2012 01:16 PM
Mugen MTX-4 Grasshopperr Nitro On-Road 9087 08-30-2011 07:15 PM
Singapore National Series, 2009 Round 2 bullygod Singapore R/C Racers 21 06-27-2009 07:00 AM
Inter-State Racing Competetion Mie3R Malaysian R/C Racers 510 08-12-2008 10:41 PM
INTI College 1/10 Gas Touring (Sarawak,Kuching) LAKIA Malaysian R/C Racers 41 10-18-2007 06:46 PM
TQ With Serpent 720 on 23 & 24 December 2006 in Miri weechor Malaysian R/C Racers 119 02-01-2007 07:04 AM
LRP Nitro Masters 2006 Malaysia HPC II Malaysian R/C Racers 435 06-28-2006 09:03 AM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 09:15 PM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net