R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 01-24-2012, 12:13 AM   #1651
Tech Fanatic

Default mtx5

im back all i want is to have a good car 4 my grandson he gets realy piss off when he gets beat by it not geting 2 the end of the race he loves 2 finish ahead off the fast red bling things onley tried tight mesh to see what would hapen
greg.dawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 01:33 AM   #1652
occ
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bishop View Post
Don't get too excited if your just looking at the alloy posts for the main shaft, he had a few of those prototypes with various markings on them at the EC last year, no one ever found out why for sure.

In the first picture, it looks like he has change nothing since the EC.

I'd love to know how he managed to shoehorn the receiver into the small RX box, although I know I could do the same with my Spektrum micro, but I'd not like the tighter fit result in the wiring, and I'm not sure I could put the transponder in the RX bx then either.

It's interesting that I'm preping my car for the first club meet of the year (though that could be a while if it keeps raining like it has), two things I have done that is still on Robs car, one is replace the inner rear top links with steering ones (cause the short ones don't give enough reach with a long link setup), and last night I was grinding a hole in the top deck, cause where Rob ran his battery wire is seriously the best place for it.
I think that Michael person is commenting on the carbon brace on the pit bench.
occ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 01:59 AM   #1653
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 48 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to Michael_T

Quote:
Originally Posted by occ View Post
I think that Michael person is commenting on the carbon brace on the pit bench.
Michael_T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 02:16 AM   #1654
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

I saw the carbon fiber bits, but to be honest I don't think they are for what you think they are, I don't see any evidence on the car of where they would go, or for that matter how a carbon fiber part of that shape would work as a brace for where your likely thinking of...

And to be honest, as full factory driver and designer of the car, if we saw some type of brace sitting there, it would surely be something a lot neater as some type of factory prototype part.

What threw me when I went looking at the rest of the pics, was their tyre truer, like some crazy early 3-Racing prototype or much butchered unit...

Edit: I'm actually more interested in seeing the better pics of the new Protoform body he is testing, one of the pics confirm the pic he posted on facebook was of a PF body, and it looks kind of awesome...
www.myrcm.ch/main?pLa=en&hId[1]=org&dId[O]=4331
Bishop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 02:32 AM   #1655
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael_T View Post
Photos of Pietsch's car yesterday at the pre-worlds.

Hmmmm, interesting stuff on his bench
What is that bit of carbon fibre on the pit towel?
Old 01-24-2012, 04:21 AM   #1656
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bundy_Bear View Post
What is that bit of carbon fibre on the pit towel?
my guess is he has some prototype rear lower baulkheads and a prototype top deck tower supprt and they are testing the car with a brace.

Bishop, that carbon fibre thing looks like a makeshift brace. It would be hella stiff if it is!

My money is on mugen releasing an optional rear cross brace.
TomB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 02:08 AM   #1657
Tech Fanatic

Default mtx5 brace

he desined the dam thin why dose it nead a brase////// may be i am not wasting my time just made new one long enough 2 reach a nother 3 screws in top deck out of carben fiber aneway if it works i dont care /i will order one when they release it
greg
Old 01-26-2012, 09:00 AM   #1658
Tech Elite

Fresh clean up, few new bits fitted, just about ready for it's next outing, with a tucked away transponder but still running plastic diff gears, the only thing I forgot to put on the scales for the picture I took was the INS box, though the tyres for the weight check did still have some usable foam left on them, and I'm running a fairly old pipe (Mugen), and probably a heavier engine (N12T1)...

It's certainly a light car with no serious effort needed to get it that way, and considering there is no titanium on it, and a heavy weight shell with a fair bit of paint (heavy 3 colour coverage), I imagine if you ever did need one to make the EFRA 1550g craziness, it should not be all that hard to do.

So seriously, YBSlow brass engines mounts, I need you...
Attached Thumbnails
MTX 5-fiveweight.jpg  
Old 01-26-2012, 04:34 PM   #1659
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via ICQ to Slo-MTX4

Quote:
Originally Posted by greg.dawn View Post
im back all i want is to have a good car 4 my grandson he gets realy piss off when he gets beat by it not geting 2 the end of the race he loves 2 finish ahead off the fast red bling things onley tried tight mesh to see what would hapen
Greg.....Ill have a look at it with you at the next club day. there are a few little things we can try.

PODIFIED ENGINES/Trackside RC
Slo-MTX4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2012, 04:09 PM   #1660
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default free rolling???

I have a 5...an I notice its not free as the cap or the X-ray as far as rolling...I have changed the ball bearing to ceramics an lubed everything an it still not as free......what's the deal???
bigbank66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2012, 09:36 PM   #1661
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbank66 View Post
I have a 5...an I notice its not free as the cap or the X-ray as far as rolling...I have changed the ball bearing to ceramics an lubed everything an it still not as free......what's the deal???
What belts you running?, the urethane stock belts won't roll as free as the rubber option belts...

Actually at some point I'll have to put some of the rubber belts on mine, I know on the old 4, common word was urethane belts lasted a lot longer, and were just more durable, but then the 4 also was hard on the belts, with no history on the five, maybe it's going to be easier on belts...
Old 01-28-2012, 10:50 PM   #1662
Tech Addict

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)
Thumbs up try a few things

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbank66 View Post
Hi mate you might want to try a few things to see where its tight then you can look closer at the front or the rear as need be .
1. Remove the side belt and see if its freer
2. Roll it on a bench while holding the rear up and the again with the rear held up by hand.
Are your bearings new? ie do they have grease in them ? or oil?
if they are new and fill with grease it will take a bit of running until they free up. or pop of the seals and clean and oil them.
the only other thing i did here is the brake disk is a bit tight on the drive hex and this will cause the shoes to rub just a bit
the plastic hex need a slight rub with some wet and dry.

Not sure if it will help, but it raining here and there’s not much else to do.
Steve H
shanwright is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2012, 11:05 PM   #1663
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by shanwright View Post
Hi mate you might want to try a few things to see where its tight then you can look closer at the front or the rear as need be .
1. Remove the side belt and see if its freer
2. Roll it on a bench while holding the rear up and the again with the rear held up by hand.
Are your bearings new? ie do they have grease in them ? or oil?
if they are new and fill with grease it will take a bit of running until they free up. or pop of the seals and clean and oil them.
the only other thing i did here is the brake disk is a bit tight on the drive hex and this will cause the shoes to rub just a bit
the plastic hex need a slight rub with some wet and dry.

Not sure if it will help, but it raining here and there’s not much else to do.
Steve H
Dude, did you go out and buy one?!
Old 01-29-2012, 01:48 AM   #1664
Tech Fanatic

Default mtx5

has anybody found a deasent replacemant 4 chase on 5 or is mugen one still the best// greg
Old 01-29-2012, 03:19 AM   #1665
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by greg.dawn View Post
has anybody found a deasent replacemant 4 chase on 5 or is mugen one still the best// greg
anything made out of 7075 alloy is good. Unless a brand is lying and they say it's 7075 when it isn't, all 7075 chassis should be the same (quality wise) across all brands.

Last edited by TomB; 01-31-2012 at 05:26 AM.
TomB is offline   Reply With Quote