R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 06-10-2004, 06:55 AM   #106
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally posted by soc123_au
A flat setting is softer, as you get more vertical it becomes stiffer.
Horizontal for low traction & adjust to more vertical as traction allows.
Also flat for bumpy tracks

http://www.fast-rc.co.uk/forum/index.php

Sponsored by:
Norfolk and Chance
ziggy12345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2004, 08:56 AM   #107
Tech Fanatic

Default Re: Re: Re: My car kind of "lazy" into corner

Quote:
Originally posted by esham
Another guy is that Manticore HK guy.
There's a difference between being very responsive with information that has come from others and simply been copied and information that comes with real experience, if I may say so?

Manticore is the man, all be it a bit invisible.

Don't be jealous Data !
EVOLUTION is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2004, 12:41 PM   #108
Tech Fanatic

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: My car kind of "lazy" into corner

Quote:
Originally posted by EVOLUTION
There's a difference between being very responsive with information that has come from others and simply been copied and information that comes with real experience, if I may say so?
text book solutions sometimes help. but esham, without knowing anything much about your car, the track and the way you drive, it is kind of hard to help you. some people can offer solutions just by the description "lazy going into corners", but most of us can't. i guess this the different between real pros and beginners like me.

i see you have mostly 5 ports (mod) engines on your cars, ever consider trying out some simple, stock 3 port engines ?

Quote:

Manticore is the man, all be it a bit invisible.
hope he keeps it that way

Quote:

Don't be jealous Data !
Data is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2004, 10:06 PM   #109
Tech Elite

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: My car kind of "lazy" into corner

Quote:
[B]There's a difference between being very responsive with information that has come from others and simply been copied and information that comes with real experience, if I may say so?
[B]
Sure EVO... I'm really need help. I love this hobby so much, from built up the kits, learning the handling dynamic, driving, racing till making freinds. But still as beginner, I need help with other's experiences.. Anyone that willing..I appreciated. So pls do so. (Giving comments.)

Quote:
Originally posted by Data
[B] text book solutions sometimes help. but esham, without knowing anything much about your car, the track and the way you drive, it is kind of hard to help you. some people can offer solutions just by the description "lazy going into corners", but most of us can't. i guess this the different between real pros and beginners like me.

i see you have mostly 5 ports (mod) engines on your cars, ever consider trying out some simple, stock 3 port engines ?[B]
Yup.. I agree it such alot factors (track, driving..etc) and combination/balance that I need to describe first and sometime i wonder what are the strategies and Objectives priority when a good and experience rc racers at a track for practice, tuneup their kits or on racing days.

For example.. when you are at a track, what are your objectives setupup in your mind? Is it ..maybe...1. To Enjoy yourself.. 2. Run fastest lap (TQ) 3. Run stable, consistent and fast.. And What is your approch to accomplish that ?

My scenario..please correct me. .i'm learning. Went to a track with objective to enjoy and do consistent and fastest lap. Ok, i start run with my standard setup afew laps. Then just example i found my car is slow into corner. The car not go into corner immediately, it slide and understeer. Ok, then i change front tires by attention to have more grip in front ( let say from 40 to 37) if it still slide.. now i can't change it to lower than 37.? Because if i do that i afraid the tires will not last long. Or..should i?

OK now emm... i soften the front spring tension ( without moving the shock position) maximun soften the tension. But sometime it doesn't help it still understeer. So should i change the spring to much more softer spring or I stiffen the rear suspention or put add more rear droop. Should i?

Should i go for maximum extreme change and see the effect and adjust/reduce it later to preferable action or change in the small amount till reach the desired action.. There are alot more question..hope i didn't confuse anybody..
esham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2004, 11:21 AM   #110
Tech Fanatic

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: My car kind of "lazy" into corner

Quote:
text book solutions sometimes help. but esham, without knowing anything much about your car, the track and the way you drive, it is kind of hard to help you. some people can offer solutions just by the description "lazy going into corners", but most of us can't. i guess this the different between real pros and beginners like me.
Damn, and I thought you were also going to give some generic piece of info like someone else always does without asking the tough questions. I'm dissapointed in you Data !
Old 06-11-2004, 11:22 AM   #111
Tech Fanatic

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: My car kind of "lazy" into corner

Quote:
Yup.. I agree it such alot factors (track, driving..etc) and combination/balance that I need to describe first and sometime i wonder what are the strategies and Objectives priority when a good and experience rc racers at a track for practice, tuneup their kits or on racing days.

For example.. when you are at a track, what are your objectives setupup in your mind? Is it ..maybe...1. To Enjoy yourself.. 2. Run fastest lap (TQ) 3. Run stable, consistent and fast.. And What is your approch to accomplish that ?

My scenario..please correct me. .i'm learning. Went to a track with objective to enjoy and do consistent and fastest lap. Ok, i start run with my standard setup afew laps. Then just example i found my car is slow into corner. The car not go into corner immediately, it slide and understeer. Ok, then i change front tires by attention to have more grip in front ( let say from 40 to 37) if it still slide.. now i can't change it to lower than 37.? Because if i do that i afraid the tires will not last long. Or..should i?

OK now emm... i soften the front spring tension ( without moving the shock position) maximun soften the tension. But sometime it doesn't help it still understeer. So should i change the spring to much more softer spring or I stiffen the rear suspention or put add more rear droop. Should i?

Should i go for maximum extreme change and see the effect and adjust/reduce it later to preferable action or change in the small amount till reach the desired action.. There are alot more question..hope i didn't confuse anybody..
If you haven't already downloaded Elvo's site then do so.

http://home.tiscali.be/be067749/58/

Experiment a bit more while you are at the track and you will answer many of you questions regarding actions/desired effect. This is the only way you will answer some of the questions you posed above due to many of the reasons Data listed among others.

Maybe it would be more beneficial if you post in the thread applicable to your car so that you will get help from people who actually run the same car as you do and therefore have real experience rather then the theoretical type. (you have so many in your sig)

Have fun !
Old 06-11-2004, 12:20 PM   #112
Tech Fanatic

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: My car kind of "lazy" into corner

Quote:
Damn, and I thought you were also going to give some generic piece of info like someone else always does without asking the tough questions.
quality and quanity usually won't go hand in hand. but at least everybody is trying to help.

Quote:
I'm dissapointed in you Data !
sorry, growing kids are hard to satisfy these days.
Old 06-11-2004, 12:21 PM   #113
Tech Fanatic

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: My car kind of "lazy" into corner

Quote:
sorry, growing kids are hard to satisfy these days.
opps, i meant over-grown kids......
Old 06-11-2004, 03:38 PM   #114
Tech Fanatic

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: My car kind of "lazy" into corner

Quote:
opps, i meant over-grown kids......
I thought I told you before not to be cheeky to your elders !

5 minutes in the corner for you son.
Old 06-22-2004, 04:22 AM   #115
Tech Elite

Default True the tires

Seen experience racer true/trim their tires. And i'm wonder why I should that? Can anybody tell me what is the secret of true/triming the tires? Should I do that but in what ground?
Old 06-22-2004, 05:54 AM   #116
Tech Elite

Default Re: True the tires

Quote:
Seen experience racer true/trim their tires. And i'm wonder why I should that? Can anybody tell me what is the secret of true/triming the tires? Should I do that but in what ground?
Just to look "experiecned" or like a "pro" ?

Just kidding ...
Old 06-22-2004, 07:24 AM   #117
Tech Elite

Default Re: Re: True the tires

Quote:
Originally posted by Sow&Steady
Just to look "experiecned" or like a "pro" ?

Just kidding ...
Old 12-12-2005, 01:15 AM   #118
Tech Elite

This is a old thread but may good for beginners now.. I believe i'm not beginner anymore.

I bought tire truer because i set/tune my tires diameter to get the good roll out and cornering speed. More often i trued my front tires to get smaller diameter than behind tires just to 1 of combination to get smaller cornering