Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree2Likes

Rc10ntc3

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2002, 06:30 AM
Tech Fanatic

Default Worlds

Hi Guys, Go to the link below and check out photo #04. Its Barry & Alberto Picco. Can you guess what Alberto is talking to Barry about? Look close at Barrys car, the engine in particular. Yes, that is a rear exhaust Picco. Barry and Billy Easton where running them in practice. Can you believe it! Just thought you Pico fans would get a kick out of this.

http://www.myrcworld.net/events/imggal.asp?eid=611

Last edited by NTC3NUT; 09-16-2002 at 06:43 AM.
Old 09-16-2002, 12:39 PM
Tech Initiate

Default Springs

Thanks EngenZerO, well I've never tried springs that way round on my electric TC's but i'm struggling with the grip so i'll give it a go. I aint got nothing to loose by trying!
One other thing, I know a lot of people use foams, what tyres are recommended for such a low traction surface, I dont mind replacing tyres if I could get some grip!

Pete.
Old 09-16-2002, 02:14 PM
Tech Elite

Pete, have you thought about studded snow tires?
Old 09-16-2002, 06:59 PM

Big Pete: Yellow/ copper/ red springs with 40 to 60 wt oil in frt. Rear- red/ blue or gold springs 40 wt. oil, 31 to 37 shore foam tires frt and rear, frt the same or a little harder on shore than rear! Roll center location inside lower hole, 6mm ride height, blade frt. swaybar at 45 degrees, 0 to -2 droop should get you traction!
Old 09-16-2002, 08:00 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

BIG
Give us an example of your weather conditions during your track time.
Barry Baker was in St Petes, FL. a few weeks ago.
Air temp for the was 94-97
track temp was 120-125
He was running copper/copper, and 40/40 foams, and his car was smokin'
Old 09-16-2002, 09:31 PM
Tech Elite

Pete's talking about running in the UK in fall/winter, I believe (from another thread) so we're talking probably around 60s with track temps in the low 60s or lower. . .very moist with possible actual rain.

Sheesh, they run ELECTRIC in this stuff - I've seen pics of them running pan cars in the rain - rooster tails coming off the tires, no less!!!

But, of course, we're talking about guys that play a sport named after an insect. . . so who really knows!
Old 09-17-2002, 01:50 AM
Tech Initiate

It's funny how the team driver's cars are basically stock That must have an unforgettable practice day, everyone looked so serious Realizing that the Associated drivers were running Nitro Shoes, are you guys finding that shore ratings and traction differ among the various brands? I would think that it's just a sponsor thing or that the two companies work closely with each other. Keep the cool pics coming
Old 09-17-2002, 05:34 AM
Tech Fanatic

Default Worlds

I think what they're trying to show us is that the cars can win right out of the box. One of the realism's that I came to while I was there is that they really don't have any better equipment than we have. They have the same cars, engines, electronics, tools, ect. that most of us use. Nothing magical. Where they have the advantage of course is raw talent, never-ending supplies, and an on-hand engine & chassis tuner. In most cases the guys who actually designed the car or engine are on hand to help out. Don't get me wrong, I'm not trying to put the pros down, if anything this should raise them to an even higher level. Watching them do what they do with whats on hand is tottaly amazing. I have even more respect for them now than I did before I went, and thats saying alot.
Old 09-17-2002, 08:40 AM
Tech Elite

I agree with ya Nut - it's one reason I abandoned most of the mods I had done - I saw Barry running the (mostly) stock parts on his at Norrca and I was having nothing but troubles with my modded parts - replaced them and haven't had (many) problems.

The mods I am still going to, though, will be those that make things more durable - the Pros don't generally hit as many things as hard as we lowly Privateers do. . .
Old 09-17-2002, 09:23 AM
Tech Initiate

Hey Boomer, must have got you converted to cricket! You brought into this forum as well!!
bbntc3 thanks for the info, off to the shops to get some bits
And to eveyone else thanks again! Boomer's right we do run in rain,also snow ice all this and dark as well!!
The only time we stopped outdoor racing last year was because of a cloud burst which left some puddles about 6" deep. Once the rain eased out came the squeegee's and we carried on racing!!
Coastaltony the temps we were running in were in the region of 17-20 Celcius don't know the track temps, Boomer we run Schumacher mini pins indoor on the carpet so I do have tyres that resemble snow tyres!!
Later Guys,
Pete
Old 09-17-2002, 09:32 AM

Originally posted by island-guy
It's funny how the team driver's cars are basically stock That must have an unforgettable practice day, everyone looked so serious Realizing that the Associated drivers were running Nitro Shoes, are you guys finding that shore ratings and traction differ among the various brands? I would think that it's just a sponsor thing or that the two companies work closely with each other. Keep the cool pics coming
I haven't tried myself, but judging from other's setups, it seems that the GRP based tires(Mugen, Elligi) have less grip if you're comparing the same shore rating. Basically it would seem that the Nitro shoes have a little more bite out of the fronts. I will probably try to figure this out before the end of this season so I know what to buy for the beginning of next year's.
Old 09-17-2002, 09:55 AM
Tech Elite

Most of the Fast guys I race with are running the Nitro Shoes. This past weekend the were running the 50X up front and I think 40 in rear with the 2degree offset. I may buy some for this wekeend to try them out but I have been running Ellegi's 45 front 40 Rear all season and have been doing good on those.
Old 09-17-2002, 10:02 AM
Tech Initiate

I run 50 front 40 rear with 0-deg offset...no problems and hooks great
Old 09-17-2002, 10:05 AM
Tech Elite

what is the real shore rating on the 50X? My 45 Shore Ellegi's are about 54 on the durometer. The 40's are about 48.

For the rear the 40 are about 44
Old 09-17-2002, 10:16 AM
Tech Fanatic

Default Tires

I wanted to try what the Team was using and went to the Jaco Nitro Shoes. My LHS only had 45 front (28mm)/ 40 rear (30mm) zero offset. I used them in the last main I ran and they where awesome. Our track is mildly bumpy but high grip.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.