Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree2Likes

Rc10ntc3

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2006, 07:25 PM
Tech Addict

i have already put 2 o-rings under the tank and it still seems to froth up!!!
Old 02-20-2006, 08:27 PM
Tech Fanatic

Hey James
Have you tried running the pressure line at a bit longer length?....this may help ease the foaming.
Another option would also be to try the K-Factory Low CG tank.
Cheers
Old 02-20-2006, 08:55 PM
Tech Adept

Hi James,
I used to implement a similar solution to AndyT, and installed a large capacity fuel filter (with the element removed) in the back pressure line. This often reduced 'foaming' and allowed the engine to run more consistently.
Hope this helps
Old 02-21-2006, 01:47 AM
Tech Addict

i always thought that a longer pressure line or fuel filter in the pressure line would give you more pressure because of the volume inside the line.
Old 02-21-2006, 05:37 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

no, you're correct ae_ntc3.
Old 02-21-2006, 01:59 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I do know that a longer pressure line lean out the midrange some..
Old 02-21-2006, 07:31 PM

TRY THE BMI CHASSIS and all your foamng and leaning problems will go away/
Old 02-21-2006, 10:13 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by bbntc3
TRY THE BMI CHASSIS and all your foamng and leaning problems will go away/
bmiproducts do not sell the ntc3 chassis anymore which is a shame
Old 02-22-2006, 02:34 AM
Tech Adept

Hi Guys,
By installing a filter (with the element removed) you are effectively adding an expansion chamber to your back-pressure line, which will subsequently reduce the pressure of the air travelling through the fuel line. Try this analogy: if you pass air at an equal velocity through both a drinking straw (representing your back pressure line) and then a cardboard cylinder, (representing the fuel filter) the pressure of the air that exits the straw should be greater.
By reducing the pressure of the air that exits your back-pressure line, you should reduce this 'foaming' effect.
I'm not trying initiate an argument...just trying to help you out

Also, make sure that you loose mount your fuel tank.
Old 02-24-2006, 03:38 PM
Tech Adept

Default Shocks

alright this question should be easy to answer so here I go with the shocks when you fill them with oil how far do you want the shaft to push out with the oil? I am asking cause I have read some places about halfway and other sources indicate all the way out both ways have merit to me want to know how it should be done in reference to the ntc3 - thanks guys
Old 02-24-2006, 06:14 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Anybody tried the Dynamite Chassis? If so, is it more or less flexible than the FT chassis?
Old 02-26-2006, 02:50 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by wayne
alright this question should be easy to answer so here I go with the shocks when you fill them with oil how far do you want the shaft to push out with the oil? I am asking cause I have read some places about halfway and other sources indicate all the way out both ways have merit to me want to know how it should be done in reference to the ntc3 - thanks guys
i think it says in the book when you build your shocks it has a measurement in their of how far it should push outwards.another thing i found is that the shocks don't have enough travel.
Old 02-26-2006, 02:36 PM
Tech Fanatic

Yep thats right, it has 2 measurements in the manual and the shocks must rebound to the range within these.
Well done James on making the A final yesterday.....was an awesome weekend of racing
Cheers
Old 02-26-2006, 06:54 PM
Tech Adept

alrightee so then the way mine is is right (they push out about the halfway all around) another thing I have noticed is that when you sit my car on the ground it rides on the springs (as it should) but when you lift the car off the ground the arms dont "drop" to the droop setting was thinking that if the shocks push all the way out it would push the arms down, but if this is not how you fix it what do you do lube the pins/balls to make it drop? I have been having handling difficulty which I believe is related to the arms binding up - these shouldnt bind up should they - and should drop to the droop setting under the arm & wheels' own weight please correct me if I am wrong thanks
Old 02-26-2006, 09:15 PM
Tech Fanatic

One thing to check is to make sure youve built the shock to exactly the correct length......if theyre too short then you wont get your droop settings.
Its also worthwhile to take out the hinge pins and give them a polish.....this helps prevent any binding and frees up the suspension a bit.
Cheers

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.