Search
Like Tree2Likes

Rc10ntc3

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2006, 07:18 PM
Tech Adept

Default using Kimbrough spur gear

Originally Posted by FREELANCE_RCer
Nobody makes 28T pinion gear for NTC3. But instead of using bigger pinion to go fast, use smaller 2ND speed spur gear. KIMBROUGH makes 46T and 44T 32 pitch gears that will fit the NTC3 with some few modifications, part # 116. I used this before at sun valley speedway and it really works, insanely fast.
Freelance_rcer, when u used the Kimbrough spur gears at Sun Valley, How many teeth are the 1st, 2nd spur gears and pinion gears? Did u use stock ntc3 clutch bell? Did u mix associated 1st spur gear with kimbrough 2nd spur gear?
Old 06-15-2006, 08:39 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Originally Posted by raceblast
Freelance_rcer, when u used the Kimbrough spur gears at Sun Valley, How many teeth are the 1st, 2nd spur gears and pinion gears? Did u use stock ntc3 clutch bell? Did u mix associated 1st spur gear with kimbrough 2nd spur gear?
I used 52T (1st) and 46T (2nd) spur gears, and 21T (1st) and 27T (2nd) Pinion gears for large high speed track. I used the K-Factory centax clutch, but the stock clutch with 21T and 27T also works. All spur gears that came with NTC3 cars are made by kimbrough's, only the 46T (part # 116) or 44T (part # 115) are made for other Team associated cars that will also fit the NTC3 with minor modifications.
Old 06-20-2006, 03:48 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Hi

Seems to be alo of aussie guys on this thread running the NTC3, were are you all getting your parts from. I usually buy online, but not much in HK, only on tower hobbies etc...

For someone looking at getting a FT kit, are there any other major parts required to make the car more relibale before hitting the track etc.

Look forward to hearing from you soon.

BB
Old 06-20-2006, 01:04 PM
Tech Fanatic

the only thing that i have done to mine was i went out and got the K factory aluminum servo mounts (the FT AE one are fine as well).. and i basically eliminated the servo saver....i just glued the little things together instead of the one screw which would always come loose no matter what you put on it.....im not sure if it comes with the 3 shoe clutch or not but if so then get it....and get the "fix" which you could find on ebay probably........

i have one QUICK Q for anybody......i already have the FT 3 shoe clutch and the hardened springs .....how could i get a little more punch out of the car....the motor is tuned perfectly ....???
\
thanks

Mike
Old 06-21-2006, 05:48 AM
Tech Elite

Does anyone know where I can buy "the fix" for a NTC3?
Old 06-21-2006, 11:12 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by bhambrent
Does anyone know where I can buy "the fix" for a NTC3?
I gave up on finding "the fix" and ordered the RD Logics aluminum diff cases off ebay instead. No problems yet. And no breaking Just used the front one.
Old 06-22-2006, 07:05 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by gearhead13
I gave up on finding "the fix" and ordered the RD Logics aluminum diff cases off ebay instead. No problems yet. And no breaking Just used the front one.

OK Thanks,
Old 06-25-2006, 11:32 PM
Tech Apprentice

i have one QUICK Q for anybody......i already have the FT 3 shoe clutch and the hardened springs .....how could i get a little more punch out of the car....the motor is tuned perfectly ....???
\
thanks

Mike
I would drill a little hole in the shoes, I have the 2 shoe clutch and it works great. havent even had to put in the heavy springs. BTW how good is the 3 shoe clutch? what are the advantages?
Old 06-26-2006, 04:34 PM
Tech Initiate

Default ntc5 ???

Did anyone catch the article in this month's in Xtreme rc mag. Associated has a new top secret electric car and it's BELT DRIVE. The nitro version shouldn't be to far behind. it debuted at the Reedy Race of Champions race
Old 06-27-2006, 04:59 PM
Tech Apprentice

I race my ntc3 locally and i am looking for my next upgrades. I am thinking about a 3racing 4 mm chassis and a front spool. Could someone who runs a spool give me an idea of the handling changes? I race on prepped asphalt on Jaco foams 40f 35r usually. fairly tight track, one long straight.
Old 06-28-2006, 05:43 AM
Tech Fanatic

I race my ntc3 locally and i am looking for my next upgrades. I am thinking about a 3racing 4 mm chassis and a front spool. Could someone who runs a spool give me an idea of the handling changes? I race on prepped asphalt on Jaco foams 40f 35r usually. fairly tight track, one long straight.

running a spool in the front will make your car push alot more......
Old 06-28-2006, 05:45 AM
Tech Fanatic

I would drill a little hole in the shoes, I have the 2 shoe clutch and it works great. havent even had to put in the heavy springs. BTW how good is the 3 shoe clutch? what are the advantages?
the three shoe clutch i found is alot better than the two shoe, plus the hardend springs and i already have cut the shoes a little....it has a lot better punch....i guess if i want to get anymore i will just have to buy the k-factory push type clutch for it..but then i would have to get all new pinions and spurs so screw that hahahahah

Mike
Old 07-04-2006, 07:45 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

A spool is the way to go on tight track with hard braking spot... but it's really hard on the CVD and diff ring gear and pinion.

CrazyRonny
Old 07-04-2006, 03:07 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Elliott hart
Did anyone catch the article in this month's in Xtreme rc mag. Associated has a new top secret electric car and it's BELT DRIVE. The nitro version shouldn't be to far behind. it debuted at the Reedy Race of Champions race
very interesting somebody has to know something about it if it has already been run then somebody would have some pix of it perhaps - but belt drive I got ntc3 cause I didn't want a belt drive oh well if thats the way rc is headed

<<edit>>
http://www.tamiyausa.com/articles/fe...article-id=182
according to that the reedy race of champions isnt until the 23rd of July - but practices have been run maybe it was at the practice perhaps
Old 07-06-2006, 02:11 PM
Tech Elite

Is anyone still using this car? I finally blew the dust off of mine and took it out for a spin.... We really don't have any organized Nitro racing here but I like to go run the parking lots with it...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.