Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree2Likes

Rc10ntc3

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2003, 07:14 AM
Tech Initiate

hey wuz up guys?
has any body heard about the new centax by FIORONI?
is it better than the K-FACTORY one?
i know is cheaper
Old 05-03-2003, 07:15 AM
Tech Regular

Originally posted by speedydave
Anyone run an Orion Wasp in their car? I'm curious as to how easy to tune the new Picco carbs are(I heard the Wasp has a newer, easier to tune carb), and also how the engine does with things like reliability and fuel mileage. I already know the engine is a screamer, and basically any engine(Wasp, MT12, MR12, etc) will be fast in an NTC3, so I'm more concerned with the new carb and how the engine is as far as tuning goes. Thanks.
One thing you may want to consider about the Wasp (rear exhaust version) is the exhaust port is smaller than normal. Therefore the NTC3 manifold is a little too big and you will have to use 2 gaskets. I know this for a fact because I had origninally purchased this engine for my NTC3 and had quickly sold the engine because of the fitment problem. I guess doubling the gasket would work but I didn't want the hassle.

-Puma
Old 05-03-2003, 07:39 AM

Anyone run an Orion Wasp in their car? I'm curious as to how easy to tune the new Picco carbs are(I heard the Wasp has a newer, easier to tune carb), and also how the engine does with things like reliability and fuel mileage. I already know the engine is a screamer, and basically any engine(Wasp, MT12, MR12, etc) will be fast in an NTC3, so I'm more concerned with the new carb and how the engine is as far as tuning goes. Thanks.
The wasp is the same as the picco xp and collari .12 and the ofna picco .12 too. I have one and they are very fast, not as smooth on the power band though. The picco carbs are a little harder to figure out but they are workable. If you have a nova engine just pull the carb when you run the picco. Don't worry about all that carb sealing bs they both should have o-rings to seal the carb. The tuning should be pretty close too. You also might need a different flywheel collet. Get the Trinity one for picco/AE or Picco/traxxas.
Old 05-03-2003, 08:26 AM
Tech Initiate

Talking

F

Last edited by onroadmaniak; 05-03-2003 at 08:46 AM.
Old 05-03-2003, 08:47 AM
Tech Initiate

VONE"R".........NICE SUSPENSION WORK!!!!!
u think is teak!!!
KYOSHO "POWER"
i might swap my SERPENT 4 this one ......what do u guys think??
Attached Thumbnails Rc10ntc3-nice-.jpg  
Old 05-03-2003, 09:41 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally posted by onroadmaniak
hey wuz up guys?
has any body heard about the new centax by FIORONI?
is it better than the K-FACTORY one?
i know is cheaper
answers any one?
Old 05-03-2003, 12:41 PM
Tech Apprentice

I see everyone is making clutches for the NTC-3. But i seem to like my K Factory the most. I just seems to be built more like the serpent's the material just seems stronger then some of the other clutches i've seen being sold. But everyone has their own tastes.
Old 05-03-2003, 01:48 PM
Tech Regular

Originally posted by OB42TC3
The wasp is the same as the picco xp and collari .12 and the ofna picco .12 too. I have one and they are very fast, not as smooth on the power band though. The picco carbs are a little harder to figure out but they are workable. If you have a nova engine just pull the carb when you run the picco. Don't worry about all that carb sealing bs they both should have o-rings to seal the carb. The tuning should be pretty close too. You also might need a different flywheel collet. Get the Trinity one for picco/AE or Picco/traxxas.
Right now, I'm running an OS .12 CV(S) I stole from my GT, because I didn't want to go ahead and spend a fortune on this car right away. This is my first nitro onroad car(I have a MicroRS4, and had an electric TC3, but those are nothing compared to this), so, coming from offroad, maybe a smoother powerband would help me out...I know I can get the Lunsford adapter for the Wasp, but how much performance loss would I notice running the rotary carb instead of a slide carb? I would think that would smooth the powerband of the Wasp out a little bit, and make it easier to tune in the process, right? Also, what did you do about the smaller exhaust port problem? Did you just run it as-is, or double up on the gaskets as puma suggested? I'm planning on picking up the natural header and natural Dual Chamber pipe for this, as well as some non-pull engine mounts and a non-pull flywheel. Also, what's the part # for the Trinity/Picco AE collet? I searched Tower but couldn't find it. Thanks!
Old 05-03-2003, 02:40 PM
Tech Fanatic

Default clurches

Onroadmaniak the K factory centax clutch is a really good item I've being running it for about 2 months now. It's strong and very reliable, the other brand you're talking of I have never heard of so I would probaly steer away from this. If your not sold on the K factory clutch, Kawahara also make a centax clutch but guys on this forum say it's not as good. But in the end the decision is yours, all I can tell you is what I've tried and what worked for me.

Graeme
Old 05-03-2003, 05:04 PM
Tech Adept

Default Radio Interference

Today i was driving my NTC3 and i got radio interference and it took off on me, and was doing donuts and it smacked the concrete curb and then i had to dive after the car and grab it and shut it off before it went top speed into a wall of concrete OUCH!!!

when i shut it down and inspected it i found that my drive shaft got bent, so i just ordered one. and do you know where i can get aluminum anodized blue shock towers????

What is causing this darn radio interference?????? I am going to get either the Airtronics MX-3 FM system or the JR XR3i FM system. which do you guys recommend. i want to put a stop to radio interfernce before some serious damage happens.

any help would be good. this is the 4th time i have had radio interferece.
Old 05-03-2003, 08:00 PM
Tech Fanatic

I just bought a ntc3 steering rack assembly and it came with two servo saver springs. Question is which one do I use, the small one or the big heavy duty one?

thanks.

btw this is for an electric ft tc3.
Old 05-04-2003, 04:23 AM

Right now, I'm running an OS .12 CV(S) I stole from my GT, because I didn't want to go ahead and spend a fortune on this car right away. This is my first nitro onroad car(I have a MicroRS4, and had an electric TC3, but those are nothing compared to this), so, coming from offroad, maybe a smoother powerband would help me out...I know I can get the Lunsford adapter for the Wasp, but how much performance loss would I notice running the rotary carb instead of a slide carb? I would think that would smooth the powerband of the Wasp out a little bit, and make it easier to tune in the process, right? Also, what did you do about the smaller exhaust port problem? Did you just run it as-is, or double up on the gaskets as puma suggested? I'm planning on picking up the natural header and natural Dual Chamber pipe for this, as well as some non-pull engine mounts and a non-pull flywheel. Also, what's the part # for the Trinity/Picco AE collet? I searched Tower but couldn't find it. Thanks!
Here's the traxxas part,

tower
I don't think you'd lose much noticeable power, after all a lot of the picco carbs aren't even 5.5 mm anyway, you might gain some, only one way to find out; try it, I'd like to know the results. Oh you can either double the gaskets or use a .15 GS gasket. The small exhaust aids in better fuel economy.
Old 05-04-2003, 04:33 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

What are the most common parts that breaks in the NTC3?lower arms, etc..
Old 05-04-2003, 08:58 AM
Tech Adept

Originally posted by James Nguyen
I just bought a ntc3 steering rack assembly and it came with two servo saver springs. Question is which one do I use, the small one or the big heavy duty one?

thanks.

btw this is for an electric ft tc3.
I strongly prefer the heavy duty one. The other one is too weak, IMHO.
Old 05-04-2003, 09:02 AM
Tech Adept

The Wasp engine is basically just a Picco XP. I ran a Picco XP last summer in a Reflex NT. The engine is very fast, but the power band is extremely peaking. Both of us at the local track who ran the Picco XP called it an on-off switch. It bogged horribly until it found its narrow little power band. Then suddenly the car would scream past everything on the track. It made it very hard to control, and I switched away from that engine because of it. I currently run a Rossi Black Pixi and absolutely love it. It has a nice wide power band, and it propels my NTC3 like a rocket. Low, mid, and high end power is all there with the Pixi. It's great.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.