Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree2Likes

Rc10ntc3

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2003, 08:38 AM
Tech Initiate

Default Thunder Tiger engine?

My brother has a thunder tiger TS4N but there are no parts in the netherlands, so now he wants to have a NTC3 but he want to use his own thunder tiger engine whit pull start. Is this possible.

Thanks
Old 01-02-2003, 08:47 AM
Tech Regular

Deanspoors- i have run the 200 lola. You have to cut out alot.
I cut out around the tops of the front shock towers. if you don't, the body looks funny on car. Sits way to high. Heck it takes longer to cut it out then it does to paint it. But works good, more air and more downforce.
Look Very cool to.

Winter sucks - no gas racing. = no fun.
Electric is ok, but still can't compare.
Old 01-02-2003, 01:25 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

I know this is not a advertizing forum, but just want to see if anyone want to get brand new NTC3 kits for cheap......I have 10 and you can get them for very low price....

See link below.....

http://www.radiocontrolzone.com/for...threadid=109822

Thanks
Old 01-02-2003, 03:48 PM
Tech Master

There are shops around, but you should try and check with them about Assoc. availability. The TC's are new to this race and they mainly race the "real" cars like Serpent and Mugen. (not my words)

I drive 235mm outlaw, too, and break it alot more than the NTC3...as a matter of fact, I've been driving my NTC3 since the start of last summer, race EVERY weekend, and have only broken 1 suspension arm...and it's not like I never hit anything...THE DIFF CASES ARE THE ONLY WEAK PART TO THIS CAR. Once you put "the Fix" or something like it, it's just as strong and just as fast.

Take last weekend, my STS powered NTC3 qualified 3rd behind 2 MTX3's, with new fronts I fell behind a little but by the time the tires came in, I was running right with the MTX3's....they ain't so bad!
Old 01-02-2003, 06:35 PM
Tech Regular

Originally posted by 2Fast4U2
Deanspoors- i have run the 200 lola. You have to cut out alot.
I cut out around the tops of the front shock towers. if you don't, the body looks funny on car. Sits way to high. Heck it takes longer to cut it out then it does to paint it. But works good, more air and more downforce.
Look Very cool to.

Winter sucks - no gas racing. = no fun.
Electric is ok, but still can't compare.
I learned a trick from fastharry to get around cutting holes for the shock towers. all you do is mountn the body with the body resting on the front shock towers. now, you get a mini torch lighter (ones that use butane fuel, the blue flame, ususually used for carmelizing desserts or something), and from an inch or so away, gently warm up the lexan and firmly press down around the shock towers. Do this enough until the body rests on the post collars.

BTW, you're going to want to do this BEFORE painting.
Old 01-02-2003, 08:50 PM
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 48 (100%+)

torch- a brain lapse? and in your own arguement what will the failsafe do for you then? still nothing. I'm not saying that you shouldn't buy a failsafe but you do not want a TRS that can't pull the throttle servo to nuetral if it were to lose power. You should be able to have the car on, pull it to wide open throttle, shut off the switch and the TRS should pull it closed.

Jon
Old 01-02-2003, 09:21 PM
Tech Adept

If you have a metal gear servo,there isnt a spring strong enough to pull the servo back to center.I run airtronics servos and cant run a trs.I just make sure the pack is always charged,and make sure that all the wiring,connectors are secure.

Last edited by Craig; 01-02-2003 at 09:23 PM.
Old 01-02-2003, 09:27 PM

Damn that must be a strong TRS Swen. I have some Jr and Hitech digitals that will pull back to idle with the little TRS, but thats it.
Most runoffs have seen, were do to hard hits and losing bat. voltage. So what good is a add on failsafe then? Extra weight?
Old 01-02-2003, 09:39 PM
Tech Regular

With a weak TRS and a failsafe, the failsafe kicks in when the rx battery gets low, Tx is turned off, or when the signal is bad. The ONLY scenario in which this setup won't work is if the power to the rx is COMPLETELY lost. This isn't a problem if you zip tie your connectoins and make sure not to pinch wires.
Old 01-02-2003, 10:44 PM
Tech Master

I use a hair band...one of those little nylon covered elastic bands like you sister wears in her hair...put it around the carb, and the ball where the linkage hooks up. I recently had the battery come out of my car, and it idled to a stop.
Old 01-02-2003, 11:27 PM

Yea, I use the hairbands too! I just take one outta my hair when I break one, my hair is longer than my sisters ever was! LOL
Old 01-03-2003, 05:54 AM
Regional Moderator

what if the servo board fried and the servo didn't work... wasn't stuck but just didn't work. I use a TRS from a xxxnt it's great because it comes with a mount for under the screw as well... I also use a hairband on the carb. I just don't like to rely on electronics with my favorite car. It costs too much not to spend a little time for insurance. And I use an Airtronics 94737 on the throttle.

Jon
Old 01-03-2003, 06:10 AM
Regional Moderator

here is a pic of how I do it
Attached Thumbnails Rc10ntc3-ntc3.jpg  
Old 01-03-2003, 12:38 PM
Tech Fanatic

My TRS is set-up exactly the same way, using exactly the same parts. I also use that Airtronics servo. This set-up will completely close the throttle if power is cut. You have to use the hair band on the carb in case the throttle linkage comes off (ROAR rule I believe, right?). I haven't invested in a fail safe yet, but it's high on my list. Nice heatsink by the way!
Old 01-03-2003, 09:28 PM
Tech Master

I just got the KFactory fuel tank...I don't know whether I'll get a chance to run it this weekend, but I'll give you my thoughts soon. Gotta pretty good deal, $30.00....

One thing I have noticed, is the fuel outlet is pointed to the outside so the fueline is under the header going to the tank....they should have pointed it the other way.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.