Engine Wars Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Engine Wars Thread

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2003, 08:31 PM
Nitro Tech

Damn...I just got the message from Express.Because the address and telephone may be wrong or nobody at home,David Calwell didn't get the D3 in time.I guessed he was using STS12 STD at Australian National .

To OZDC,
If you are here,I ask express to transfer the package to PHS.The package is at Melbourne,but no receiver.
Old 10-06-2003, 02:01 AM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by Corse-R
That's why I said a brand new bearing. Changing the balls on a new bearing is like putting on the factory, bearing hasn't been under loads that marred the balls nor the bearing races so you have a very nice balls to discard and very fine looking bearing races to put ceramic balls.

But is true... putting a straight new bearing is the best can be done.
Sorry Corse-R, I didn't read your post properly.
I thought you were advocating the procedure with a used bearing - I must have suffered a slightly "blonde" moment.
Old 10-06-2003, 02:06 AM
Tech Elite

Default Re: Bearings

Originally posted by Top Gun 777
Hey guys. Any comments?
Thanks for the lesson.

Yes, I have a question.
What is the ABEC rating for, say Nova, rear bearings.
I would expect there is a trade-off between the precision and the temperature rise expectations of the application.
Old 10-06-2003, 03:04 AM
Tech Elite

Default Re: Re: Bearings

Originally posted by Taylor-Racing
I would expect there is a trade-off between the precision and the temperature rise expectations of the application.
Good question... If can afford go with the best ABEC 9, if not lower it to ABEC 7. 7 Should be you lowest rating. Regarding alone bearing balls, go with Grade 5 straight, avoid like plague other grades, like 10, 12 or 25 (this ones are very commonly used on ball differentials).

One good source for bearing balls is http://www.mcmaster.com I buy there much of mine bits of tooling and raw sources for materials (AL alloys, Steels, Delrin... you name it, surely they got it...).

Regarding your 'blonde' moment.... Better to recolorize your hair in Dark Brown or Redhead (those last are more clever...)
Old 10-06-2003, 05:36 AM
Tech Elite

Default Re: Re: Re: Bearings

Originally posted by Corse-R
Good question... If can afford go with the best ABEC 9, if not lower it to ABEC 7. 7 Should be you lowest rating. Regarding alone bearing balls, go with Grade 5 straight, avoid like plague other grades, like 10, 12 or 25 (this ones are very commonly used on ball differentials).

One good source for bearing balls is http://www.mcmaster.com I buy there much of mine bits of tooling and raw sources for materials (AL alloys, Steels, Delrin... you name it, surely they got it...).

Regarding your 'blonde' moment.... Better to recolorize your hair in Dark Brown or Redhead (those last are more clever...)
Thanks for the info.
I'm not really blonde . . . but, hey I thought blondes had more fun!
Old 10-06-2003, 05:56 AM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by dino.tw
Damn...I just got the message from Express.Because the address and telephone may be wrong or nobody at home,David Calwell didn't get the D3 in time.I guessed he was using STS12 STD at Australian National .

To OZDC,
If you are here,I ask express to transfer the package to PHS.The package is at Melbourne,but no receiver.

I'm in Melbourne dino.tw . . . . maybe I can take it off your hands!

It looks like OZDC ended up in 12th spot - the results show him driving - STS / STS D3.
Josh Cyrul ended up 18th. and Tommy Lee at 34th - looks like they both had some troubles.
Old 10-06-2003, 06:44 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)
Default Re: Re: Re: Qualifying Results

Oh...It seems Tommy had no luck.Maybe you give him too many power,and let the wheels can't stick on the ground.
You are not wrong Dino, my 777 moded Sirio is one of the fastest if not the quickest in the touring car class.
Old 10-06-2003, 07:26 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default My PM box

Hi everybody. I am very sorry, my PM box getting full faster then I can expect. I cleaned it up already.
Old 10-06-2003, 07:29 AM
Tech Elite

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Bearings

Originally posted by EVOLUTION
Dr Top gun,give us more of your secrets !!!
I will, but it will be step by step and only realy interesting stuff, not abviose (like timing durations etc).
Old 10-06-2003, 07:32 AM
Tech Elite

To OZDC,
BLAH, BLAH, BLAH, BLAH, ..........
My express is faster. Just kidding.
Don't worry Dino, you will have chance to run your Dragon against mine (no name yet defind).
Old 10-06-2003, 08:33 AM
Tech Elite

Default Re: Re: Bearings

Originally posted by Taylor-Racing
Thanks for the lesson.

Yes, I have a question.
I don't know what ABEC means, in my work we don't use this standart, in Russia we use russian standarts, so no clue. I preferd use Military aplication bearings ( this is what we use in Russia), they are very close to C4 internal clearance by SKF grading.
Old 10-06-2003, 08:59 AM
Tech Initiate

Default 777 engines

Originally posted by tl2111
You are not wrong Dino, my 777 moded Sirio is one of the fastest if not the quickest in the touring car class.
who's running the 777 and what were their results ?
any facts to prove your claim that your modded engines "are the fastest in the touring car class" ?

I am using NovaMAX right now and soon the STS D5, how do these compare with your work ?
Old 10-06-2003, 09:08 AM
dtm
Tech Champion

Originally posted by EVOLUTION
There is a master tuner in HK who has done this procedure with the ceramic balls but i have forgotten his name.I have a pic of the bearing but unfortunately it is copyrighted.

I just remembered,his name is MR MTO !!!
Man...that was like over a year ago......

PS...I am NOT Mr MTO!
Old 10-06-2003, 09:26 AM
Tech Champion

Originally posted by dtm
Man...that was like over a year ago......

PS...I am NOT Mr MTO!
I am not Mr. MTO too !! but I am TOM !
Old 10-06-2003, 09:44 AM
Tech Elite

Default Re: Re: Re: Bearings

Originally posted by Top Gun 777
I don't know what ABEC means, in my work we don't use this standart, in Russia we use russian standarts, so no clue. I preferd use Military aplication bearings ( this is what we use in Russia), they are very close to C4 internal clearance by SKF grading.
Info on ABEC grades and their tolerances:

http://www.nhbb.com/engineering/precision/abec.cfm

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.