R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 10-05-2003, 09:31 PM   #451
Nitro Tech
 
dino.tw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: I can drive!
Posts: 1,459
Default

Damn...I just got the message from Express.Because the address and telephone may be wrong or nobody at home,David Calwell didn't get the D3 in time.I guessed he was using STS12 STD at Australian National .

To OZDC,
If you are here,I ask express to transfer the package to PHS.The package is at Melbourne,but no receiver.
dino.tw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2003, 03:01 AM   #452
Tech Elite
 
Taylor-Racing's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Melbourne OZ
Posts: 2,066
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by Corse-R
That's why I said a brand new bearing. Changing the balls on a new bearing is like putting on the factory, bearing hasn't been under loads that marred the balls nor the bearing races so you have a very nice balls to discard and very fine looking bearing races to put ceramic balls.

But is true... putting a straight new bearing is the best can be done.
Sorry Corse-R, I didn't read your post properly.
I thought you were advocating the procedure with a used bearing - I must have suffered a slightly "blonde" moment.
Taylor-Racing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2003, 03:06 AM   #453
Tech Elite
 
Taylor-Racing's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Melbourne OZ
Posts: 2,066
Default Re: Bearings

Quote:
Originally posted by Top Gun 777
Hey guys. Any comments?
Thanks for the lesson.

Yes, I have a question.
What is the ABEC rating for, say Nova, rear bearings.
I would expect there is a trade-off between the precision and the temperature rise expectations of the application.
Taylor-Racing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2003, 04:04 AM   #454
Tech Elite
 
Corse-R's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Madrid (Spain)
Posts: 2,121
Default Re: Re: Bearings

Quote:
Originally posted by Taylor-Racing
What is the ABEC rating for, say Nova, rear bearings.
I would expect there is a trade-off between the precision and the temperature rise expectations of the application.
Good question... If can afford go with the best ABEC 9, if not lower it to ABEC 7. 7 Should be you lowest rating. Regarding alone bearing balls, go with Grade 5 straight, avoid like plague other grades, like 10, 12 or 25 (this ones are very commonly used on ball differentials).

One good source for bearing balls is http://www.mcmaster.com I buy there much of mine bits of tooling and raw sources for materials (AL alloys, Steels, Delrin... you name it, surely they got it...).

Regarding your 'blonde' moment.... Better to recolorize your hair in Dark Brown or Redhead (those last are more clever...)
__________________
Cheers,
Corse-R
---
[quote=MugenDrew;2684554]BATTERIES are for FLASH LIGHTS, gasoline is for cleanin parts, alcohol is for me to drink and well NITRO...everybody know thats for racing.[/quote] :D:D:D
Corse-R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2003, 06:36 AM   #455
Tech Elite
 
Taylor-Racing's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Melbourne OZ
Posts: 2,066
Default Re: Re: Re: Bearings

Quote:
Originally posted by Corse-R
Good question... If can afford go with the best ABEC 9, if not lower it to ABEC 7. 7 Should be you lowest rating. Regarding alone bearing balls, go with Grade 5 straight, avoid like plague other grades, like 10, 12 or 25 (this ones are very commonly used on ball differentials).

One good source for bearing balls is http://www.mcmaster.com I buy there much of mine bits of tooling and raw sources for materials (AL alloys, Steels, Delrin... you name it, surely they got it...).

Regarding your 'blonde' moment.... Better to recolorize your hair in Dark Brown or Redhead (those last are more clever...)
Thanks for the info.
I'm not really blonde . . . but, hey I thought blondes had more fun!
Taylor-Racing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2003, 06:56 AM   #456
Tech Elite
 
Taylor-Racing's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Melbourne OZ
Posts: 2,066
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by dino.tw
Damn...I just got the message from Express.Because the address and telephone may be wrong or nobody at home,David Calwell didn't get the D3 in time.I guessed he was using STS12 STD at Australian National .

To OZDC,
If you are here,I ask express to transfer the package to PHS.The package is at Melbourne,but no receiver.

I'm in Melbourne dino.tw . . . . maybe I can take it off your hands!


It looks like OZDC ended up in 12th spot - the results show him driving - STS / STS D3.
Josh Cyrul ended up 18th. and Tommy Lee at 34th - looks like they both had some troubles.
Taylor-Racing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2003, 07:44 AM   #457
Tech Master
 
tl2111's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Love 1/8th
Posts: 1,561
Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to tl2111
Default Re: Re: Re: Qualifying Results

Quote:
Originally posted by dino.tw
Oh...It seems Tommy had no luck.Maybe you give him too many power,and let the wheels can't stick on the ground.
You are not wrong Dino, my 777 moded Sirio is one of the fastest if not the quickest in the touring car class.
__________________
*Tourer**Futaba***SpeedPassion
*F1**4PX***TORO
*12th**4PX***TORO
*8th**4PX***OS Speed XZ-R
*10th**4PX***OS Speed XZ
tl2111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2003, 08:26 AM   #458
Tech Elite
 
EdwardN's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: SoCal
Posts: 2,144
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default My PM box

Hi everybody. I am very sorry, my PM box getting full faster then I can expect. I cleaned it up already.
__________________
DISCLAIMER: Since 90% of my posts may be BS, and since my posts may be either insanely idiotic, incoherent, and/or not even close to a rational thought, please accord my posts no more than 10% of credibility.
EdwardN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2003, 08:29 AM   #459
Tech Elite
 
EdwardN's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: SoCal
Posts: 2,144
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Bearings

Quote:
Originally posted by EVOLUTION
Dr Top gun,give us more of your secrets !!!
I will, but it will be step by step and only realy interesting stuff, not abviose (like timing durations etc).
__________________
DISCLAIMER: Since 90% of my posts may be BS, and since my posts may be either insanely idiotic, incoherent, and/or not even close to a rational thought, please accord my posts no more than 10% of credibility.
EdwardN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2003, 08:32 AM   #460
Tech Elite
 
EdwardN's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: SoCal
Posts: 2,144
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by dino.tw
Damn...I just got the message from Express.Because the address and telephone may be wrong or nobody at home,David Calwell didn't get the D3 in time.I guessed he was using STS12 STD at Australian National .

To OZDC,
If you are here,I ask express to transfer the package to PHS.The package is at Melbourne,but no receiver.
BLAH, BLAH, BLAH, BLAH, ..........
My express is faster. Just kidding.
Don't worry Dino, you will have chance to run your Dragon against mine (no name yet defind).
__________________
DISCLAIMER: Since 90% of my posts may be BS, and since my posts may be either insanely idiotic, incoherent, and/or not even close to a rational thought, please accord my posts no more than 10% of credibility.
EdwardN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2003, 09:33 AM   #461
Tech Elite
 
EdwardN's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: SoCal
Posts: 2,144
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Re: Re: Bearings

Quote:
Originally posted by Taylor-Racing
Thanks for the lesson.

Yes, I have a question.
What is the ABEC rating for, say Nova, rear bearings.
I would expect there is a trade-off between the precision and the temperature rise expectations of the application.
I don't know what ABEC means, in my work we don't use this standart, in Russia we use russian standarts, so no clue. I preferd use Military aplication bearings ( this is what we use in Russia), they are very close to C4 internal clearance by SKF grading.
__________________
DISCLAIMER: Since 90% of my posts may be BS, and since my posts may be either insanely idiotic, incoherent, and/or not even close to a rational thought, please accord my posts no more than 10% of credibility.
EdwardN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2003, 09:59 AM   #462
Tech Initiate
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: SoCal, USA
Posts: 32
Default 777 engines

Quote:
Originally posted by tl2111
You are not wrong Dino, my 777 moded Sirio is one of the fastest if not the quickest in the touring car class.
who's running the 777 and what were their results ?
any facts to prove your claim that your modded engines "are the fastest in the touring car class" ?

I am using NovaMAX right now and soon the STS D5, how do these compare with your work ?
coolracing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2003, 10:08 AM   #463
dtm
Tech Champion
 
dtm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: HKG
Posts: 7,551
Send a message via ICQ to dtm
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by EVOLUTION
There is a master tuner in HK who has done this procedure with the ceramic balls but i have forgotten his name.I have a pic of the bearing but unfortunately it is copyrighted.




I just remembered,his name is MR MTO !!!
Man...that was like over a year ago......

PS...I am NOT Mr MTO!
dtm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2003, 10:26 AM   #464
Tech Champion
 
Manticore's Avatar
R/C Tech Charter Subscriber
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Heaven
Posts: 9,999
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by dtm
Man...that was like over a year ago......

PS...I am NOT Mr MTO!
I am not Mr. MTO too !! but I am TOM !
Manticore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2003, 10:44 AM   #465
Tech Elite
 
Corse-R's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Madrid (Spain)
Posts: 2,121
Default Re: Re: Re: Bearings

Quote:
Originally posted by Top Gun 777
I don't know what ABEC means, in my work we don't use this standart, in Russia we use russian standarts, so no clue. I preferd use Military aplication bearings ( this is what we use in Russia), they are very close to C4 internal clearance by SKF grading.
Info on ABEC grades and their tolerances:

http://www.nhbb.com/engineering/precision/abec.cfm
__________________
Cheers,
Corse-R
---
[quote=MugenDrew;2684554]BATTERIES are for FLASH LIGHTS, gasoline is for cleanin parts, alcohol is for me to drink and well NITRO...everybody know thats for racing.[/quote] :D:D:D
Corse-R is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
RB Engine Thread snowboardgeek1 Onroad Nitro Engine Zone 515 06-16-2017 11:28 AM
GRP... Engine... Thread... xlgraphicspro Offroad Nitro Engine Forum 2135 09-10-2013 09:46 AM
OS TR engine thread compaq888 Onroad Nitro Engine Zone 612 03-25-2006 05:55 AM
REX engine thread? factory racer Onroad Nitro Engine Zone 1 06-05-2005 10:42 AM
SH Engine thread ziggy12345 Onroad Nitro Engine Zone 12 02-14-2005 01:48 AM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 05:57 AM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net