Community
Wiki Posts
Search

HPI R40 Nitro Car Forum

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2005, 09:24 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

The lithium energizer which Im not sure if its considered a li-po. Is 1.5 volt per cell.
Old 06-25-2005, 08:11 PM
Tech Initiate

Default Need Help!!!!

At the beginning of the year my son was running r40 2004 edition.He had so much trouble with the rear being loose that he switched back to his MTX3.
We tried everything to make the r40 work.Now i have decided to run in the novice class.Can someone give me some help on making this car work.It seems that when the rear diff gets warm that it loses its diff action.The rear diff has light grease.Seems if you soften the rear of the care to add grip it gets loser.I'm totally lost and need help.Thanks guys.
Old 06-25-2005, 08:15 PM
Tech Fanatic

Mine is handeling great with the soft sway bar, gold springs, and the shocks laid almost on thier side to make them softer. I also run like 1-2 degrees of camber and 2 degrees of toe out with the stock grease.
Old 06-25-2005, 08:38 PM
Tech Initiate

Is that 2 degrees out of front toe?Thats what makes me think we have something wrong.Rear is loose and tons of steering.I see to many people say
there car is handling great.We have to have some sort of problem.Need sugestions.
Old 06-25-2005, 09:05 PM
Tech Fanatic

No all of those are for the rear. Thats toe in.
Old 06-25-2005, 11:49 PM
Tech Initiate

if your using the front one-way.... try using a heavier diff oil in the rear diff.....i am running 2 degrees camber and 2-3 degrees of toe in on the back of my R40...Rear Diff has 30,000wt diff oil.....on the front i am running 2 degrees camber and 1 degree toe-out......black springs on the front and red proceed springs in the rear.... medium sway bar rear.... front sway bar standing straight up. 55wt shock oil all around.....
Old 06-26-2005, 12:57 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by athrun
Is that 2 degrees out of front toe?Thats what makes me think we have something wrong.Rear is loose and tons of steering.I see to many people say
there car is handling great.We have to have some sort of problem.Need sugestions.
Tell us your full setup. On asphalt with the right tires the R40 is 90% setup out the box. It should not be hard for us to help you get it right.
Old 06-26-2005, 03:53 AM
Tech Elite

At the beginning of the year my son was running r40 2004 edition.He had so much trouble with the rear being loose that he switched back to his MTX3.
We tried everything to make the r40 work.Now i have decided to run in the novice class.Can someone give me some help on making this car work.It seems that when the rear diff gets warm that it loses its diff action.The rear diff has light grease.Seems if you soften the rear of the care to add grip it gets loser.I'm totally lost and need help.Thanks guys.
-1 camber all around
40F Jaco Nitro Shoes
35R Jaco Nitro Shoes
Red Proceed Spring Rear
Black Stock Spring in the front.
Black Stock Sway bar in the rear.
Front One-Way
Ride Height Stock

My car can stayed pretty well planted with this setup. Thats a good starting setup.
Old 06-26-2005, 06:25 AM
Tech Rookie

hey guys do have problems with the rear wheels rubbing against the hub carriers? I am using Fast wheels/tires 42 sh for rear and the inside rim of the rear wheel rubs against the rear lower part of the carriers - familiar?
Old 06-26-2005, 06:28 AM
Tech Fanatic

Yea my rims do that with some foam tires. It did that with speedminds and the stock ones. I use jacos now and it dosen't rub.
Old 06-26-2005, 06:39 AM
Tech Rookie

thanks mate, thought it was some sort of setting that was causing it will take your advice and get some jacos

Regards
Old 06-26-2005, 02:20 PM
Tech Master

Try disconnecting the rear sway bar. When you say you softened up the rear, did you change the springs or shock oil. If you changed the oil then you might be bottoming out the chassis. That actually coul be happening with the softer springs too if your rear ride height is too low. Make sure that you have 2 or 2 1/2 degrees of rear toe in. If you post your entire setup like AMG suggested, it will be a lot easier to help you.
Old 06-26-2005, 03:31 PM
Tech Elite

Just to let you know, bottoming out the chassis isnt that bad of a thing, at least to certain degrees. I posted a few pages ago that after replicating haras setup. My rear of my chassis had quite a bit more scraping going on than the front.

A month or two later I found more photos of haras car and underneath his chassis, I was pleasntly suprised to see the exact same thing. The rear was way more scraped than the front.

Almost to where there was none in the front and lots in the rear. Id find the picture but im too lazy. :lol
Old 06-26-2005, 04:00 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

hey, quick engine tuning questions...

When I return to idle from going full speed the idle is too high and after about 2 seconds it returns back to normal. Does that mean low end is too lean or too rich?

I always thought it meant that the low end was too rich, but I had to richen the low end to fix the problem.
Old 06-26-2005, 04:13 PM
Tech Elite

Lean = more air = more rev.

Richen = less air since there is more fuel = always will reduce rpm.

So if richening the low-speed fixed the problem you should be good. Another way to test if the low-speed is good is pinch the fuel line the car should rev up and die in about 3 seconds. If it does it in less time , its too lean.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.