Old 08-06-2003, 10:57 PM
Tech Regular

Originally posted by tony montana
ok whats the price
I got mine for $259 US
Old 08-06-2003, 11:55 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally posted by InitialD
Most one way bearings (either from the 2 speed hub or the one way front diff) will come from Germany Manufactured by INA. They are one of the most reputable companies when it comes to one way bearings. I've not seen other makes of one way bearings except that on the Tamiya cars
Most ones i see are INA also but Torrington also make one way bearings which i think some manufactures used.
Old 08-07-2003, 05:34 AM
Tech Regular

Originally posted by jbackslash
I got mine for $259 US
Where did you get one at this price??? I want one!
Old 08-07-2003, 05:56 AM
Tech Regular

Car looks like it's got potential, but looks like a typical HPI 100 hop-up job is coming.
Old 08-07-2003, 07:06 AM
Tech Regular

Originally posted by puma1824
ultimate hobbies
Old 08-07-2003, 07:37 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

ultimate hobbies
The Ultimate Hobbies website does not have the R40 listed. Just checked it. You might be confusing the RS4 3 picture with the R40 pic. The pics look similar but if you read the product description, it is not the R40.
Old 08-07-2003, 08:25 AM
Tech Initiate

I belive you have to call UltimateHobbies for the R40 since they didnt update their website yet.
Old 08-07-2003, 08:46 AM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by Racer-Kid
I belive you have to call UltimateHobbies for the R40 since they didnt update their website yet.
Thanks, I did not know that bit of info.
Old 08-07-2003, 12:03 PM
Tech Apprentice

I got mine from Elite Hobby shop. They sell for $259. Call Ian at 1-626-858-8999. I remember he still have few in stock.

Originally posted by puma1824
Old 08-07-2003, 04:09 PM
Tech Addict

Originally posted by rdlken
I got mine from Elite Hobby shop. They sell for $259. Call Ian at 1-626-858-8999. I remember he still have few in stock.
Ken,

Does that mean you guys are going to carry and/or make parts for the R40?
Old 08-07-2003, 04:27 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 76 (100%+)

Man Im thinking about getting back into touring, how do you guys rate this car against the mtx3 and 705 and trinity g4 as far as durablity and as far as putting down some fast lap times?
Old 08-07-2003, 04:57 PM
Tech Fanatic

I'd wait to let the R40 owners have a couple of weekends of practice/race time with it first, these guys have only gotten them this week.

Setup sheet for the R40 now available. Please let me know if anyone has trouble opening it.
Old 08-07-2003, 05:23 PM
Tech Elite

Location: Louisville, KY!.. USA!! ....Home of http://www.fastharry.com

my sheet was fine..

I notice that they have 2 middle pulleys listed for the car..

nice..
Old 08-07-2003, 05:51 PM
Tech Regular

Default broke another part

I really shouldn't work on the car late at night when I am tired. I tightened down on a screw too hard and cracked part of the front diff case. I woke to find a lot of the diff oil had leaked out. I knew my lhs didn't have spare parts yet and Tower doensn't have many yet, so I went to Revelations Raceway where they are holding the Nationals to see if there were any HPI drivers there. I figured they would all be running front one-ways and wouldn't need the from gear diff case.
I saw Masami Hirosaka there and he was running the one-way in the R40. I asked politely and he graciously handed me a new diff case.
He didn't have to many hop-ups on the car. The front one-way and an upgrade chasis was all I could see on his car. He got rid of the top part of the battery box and the receiver box and runs the receiver on the right side of the car. He did a little dremel work to the radio tray too. Other than that the car looks pretty stock. I didn't get a chance to see him run it, but I asked around and some guys I know there said the R40 was hooking up well.
Old 08-07-2003, 05:56 PM
Tech Elite

Default Re: broke another part

I really shouldn't work on the car late at night when I am tired. I tightened down on a screw too hard and cracked part of the front diff case. I woke to find a lot of the diff oil had leaked out. I knew my lhs didn't have spare parts yet and Tower doensn't have many yet, so I went to Revelations Raceway where they are holding the Nationals to see if there were any HPI drivers there. I figured they would all be running front one-ways and wouldn't need the from gear diff case.
I saw Masami Hirosaka there and he was running the one-way in the R40. I asked politely and he graciously handed me a new diff case.
He didn't have to many hop-ups on the car. The front one-way and an upgrade chasis was all I could see on his car. He got rid of the top part of the battery box and the receiver box and runs the receiver on the right side of the car. He did a little dremel work to the radio tray too. Other than that the car looks pretty stock. I didn't get a chance to see him run it, but I asked around and some guys I know there said the R40 was hooking up well.
You broke the diff by tightening down a screw too hard?!?!

And Masami is running for HPI in nitro now?!?!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.