Wiki Posts
Search

HPI R40 Nitro Car Forum

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2005, 12:55 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

Awesome site!

AI- Did you order all your stuff from 3racing? I think I can try to have my LHS order it for me. Still giving this real car a chance, but soon forget about it. Most likely will sell some stuff to make way for the R40 parts.

Last edited by HarKonnenD; 05-20-2005 at 01:17 PM.
Old 05-20-2005, 01:29 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally posted by Artificial-I
Here we go.

I also already have the cf front shock tower on the car and the side / mid cf brace.

As well the rear shock tower should be here....*knock at door*. Ok its now here....lol. That was freaky. Right when I typed should be here...I get a knock at the door.

Thats a good bit of weight savings im hoping.

Also the gpm front sway bar and gpm steering kit is better than 3racing. So just letting people know.
How are the GPM products?
Old 05-20-2005, 03:03 PM
Tech Master

Here we go.

I also already have the cf front shock tower on the car and the side / mid cf brace.

As well the rear shock tower should be here....*knock at door*. Ok its now here....lol. That was freaky. Right when I typed should be here...I get a knock at the door.

Thats a good bit of weight savings im hoping.

Also the gpm front sway bar and gpm steering kit is better than 3racing. So just letting people know.
Those pinions you got are for the standard 2 speed. I'm pretty sure that the LW ones are all bronze.
Old 05-20-2005, 03:42 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Yeah I just wanted the stock gears. The ones that are on the car are all chewed and different.

I would have gotten the hardened ones...but dont really see the point at almost double the cost. Just buy two stockers...im sure the stock ones are lighter. Maybe not....

Maybe I should have gotten something else but Im not sure whats good right now so I figured stock would be ok.
Old 05-20-2005, 03:49 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by HarKonnenD
Awesome site!

AI- Did you order all your stuff from 3racing? I think I can try to have my LHS order it for me. Still giving this real car a chance, but soon forget about it. Most likely will sell some stuff to make way for the R40 parts.
I got it from rcmart. From what everyone said they are cheaper than 3racing direct. Just some have had trouble with orders.

I also used their 6.99 3-6 day delivery service vs the 2-3 week one. Came in pretty quickly and for 3 dollars more I can deal with it.

But shipping total was 6.99 or whatever and it was pretty quick and they havent gotten my order wrong yet.

The GPM products are good. I would say just by looking at things that 3racing is better. But the gpm I used to have on my rs4 where they seemed a little bit more popular then.

They had the best steering kit then and now it seems they still have a good one along with the front sway bar kit has the bars included.

The rest I would say 3racing is good except there steering kit is probably the worst Ive ever seen. Just 2 little things on it were wrong and it makes the kit completely worthless. Your car will perform worse with it. So I highly suggest against that kit.

But yeah looking at the gpm part to the 3racing. The gpm looks very plain. While 3racing has lots of wild cuts and designs and angles to all there parts. Looks very nice.

Fitment so far has been excellent from 3racing except for that steering kit. Thats been the worst part Ive ever seen from a company so far. Im just going to chalk it up to whoever took a look at the stock part didnt really analyze why what was what. I believe he was trying to make it put less pressure on the brace...for smoother movement. But it allows the brace to wobble around. Making for the worse slop ever.
Old 05-21-2005, 12:39 PM
Tech Elite

Jag-About the lola thing, the setups still aren't the same. Really need the Lola mount in order for it to work the REAL way. Mounting the lola to body posts, vs mounting one the way have are totally different (regarding mouting). We need to conduct a test though to see if it really works the same way, because IMO I dont think it does.

Klander- Think the only upgrades Ill get for now is the two items I ordered at the LHS and the LW chassis. Anything else I really don't need.
Old 05-21-2005, 12:46 PM
Tech Regular

Originally posted by HarKonnenD
Jag-About the lola thing, the setups still aren't the same. Really need the Lola mount in order for it to work the REAL way. Mounting the lola to body posts, vs mounting one the way have are totally different (regarding mouting). We need to conduct a test though to see if it really works the same way, because IMO I dont think it does.

Klander- Think the only upgrades Ill get for now is the two items I ordered at the LHS and the LW chassis. Anything else I really don't need.

I hear you, but if you just run a sedan body vs the Lola (even with the improper mounting system) which provides more downforce? That is my point, it isnt the ideal mount but the body alone provides more downforce making it a faster body.
Old 05-21-2005, 12:50 PM
Tech Elite

Ahhh IC. Still for some reason though at high speeds with the skyline body the car felt pretty stable. I need to make time to do more experiments. Gonna test it with the new gear and my 26mm GRPs again. I just liked how the mounts press onto the hubs rather than pressing onto the shocks. HMm, maybe monday I can go give both of them a try as well as running without the restrictor.
Old 05-21-2005, 01:26 PM
Tech Regular

The Lola will "shine" on medium-to-high-speed sweepers so if you want to compare make sure you compare under these conditions. Almost any body with a reaer wing is stable at high-speeds. The Lola provides much downforce at medium speeds such as infield cornering and sweepers. Set up a medium-high speed chican and see which one is quicker through this type of layout.. Let us know!
Old 05-21-2005, 02:14 PM
Tech Master

Yeah I just wanted the stock gears. The ones that are on the car are all chewed and different.

I would have gotten the hardened ones...but dont really see the point at almost double the cost. Just buy two stockers...im sure the stock ones are lighter. Maybe not....

Maybe I should have gotten something else but Im not sure whats good right now so I figured stock would be ok.
I think what he was getting at is that if you have the lw 2speed then those pinions wont work...
Old 05-21-2005, 04:20 PM
Tech Adept

HI,

Can anybody tell me where I can find some 1/10 lola body that will fit in a R40? What other parts needed in order to fit a lola body? Thanks!
Old 05-21-2005, 05:02 PM
Tech Fanatic

hey dude try www.rcmart.com they have the kyosho 1/10 lola body.
good luck!!!
Old 05-21-2005, 06:12 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by onnetz
I think what he was getting at is that if you have the lw 2speed then those pinions wont work...
I have the 3racing 2speed housings I believe. Yeah im not sure about the hpi lw 2speed. Whats the deal on that. Is it better than the 3racing stuff or is it something totally different.
Old 05-21-2005, 06:44 PM
Tech Regular

It's something totally different, the gears are smaller on the LW 2speed not to mention the loose of rotating mass.
Old 05-21-2005, 07:19 PM
Tech Elite

Yeah. Pretty much you can slap a taller pinion on the LW 2speed if needed. Once you go LW you never go back.

Jag-Sry to carry it on again, but I've been studying the true lola mounts and that even had me going to the LHS to see it. Again, it seems as when the wheels/shocks are pushed upward, the linkage pushes the body up for more downforce. After watching several clips I noticed it. As for running at high speeds, I'm really sure how it reacts. I guess naturally the air would be pushing it downward, but at the same time if the suspension compresses, the linkage pushes the body up. Hmmm.. Probably running an 8th in a wind tunnel on one of them belt driven ramps will work though. I'm gonna now try to make my own lola mount and use the linkage. I probably will be able to finish it by tomorrow otherwise maybe monday. So after dialing the car into the lot, gonna test it with the skyline body, the lola body, and lola with custom floating mount.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.