Wiki Posts
Search

Kyosho V-ONE RRR EVO 2

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2008, 06:31 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by CraigM
Def not 3 racing!!! All my stuff is Kyosho or Kawahara, but K-factory and KM racing make quality stuff too. I've never tried atominc
Cool thanks.
What i am trying to do is have a look at the total cost of the car with the main hop ups compared to a 720 and NT1.
The price of the EVO2 is very good compared to the 720 & NT1 but they come with front CVDs and carbon shock tower and when u look at getting a new EVO2 with the options you mentioned it still look well priced.
Old 08-27-2008, 06:49 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally Posted by shiston
Cool thanks.
What i am trying to do is have a look at the total cost of the car with the main hop ups compared to a 720 and NT1.
The price of the EVO2 is very good compared to the 720 & NT1 but they come with front CVDs and carbon shock tower and when u look at getting a new EVO2 with the options you mentioned it still look well priced.
The options i would trust are:

Kawahara
Knack
KM Racing
Team AJ (for their carbon servo horns)

and of coz Kyosho's own option parts thou they cost a tad more.
Old 08-27-2008, 09:39 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Cool thanks.
The 720 is pretty old now, so I'd stick to either the NT1 or the RRR. With the xray you must also factor in that parts are going to be more than the RRR (they are here at least). If memory serves me correctly the NT1 '08 only comes with front uni's anyway so you should be able to match the spec with an evo.2 and still pocket some money, plus then you'll have a newly revised car rather than a 2yo one
Old 08-27-2008, 10:30 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by CraigM
The 720 is pretty old now, so I'd stick to either the NT1 or the RRR. With the xray you must also factor in that parts are going to be more than the RRR (they are here at least). If memory serves me correctly the NT1 '08 only comes with front uni's anyway so you should be able to match the spec with an evo.2 and still pocket some money, plus then you'll have a newly revised car rather than a 2yo one
Cheers Craig, you have pushed me closer to the EVO2 now What were those rubber belts you said? Are like an option low friction option set?

So now what I'm looking at is an EVO2 plus:
front CVDs
from carbon fibre damper stay
spring set
pinion and spur set
Alloy brake lever
app brake pads
alloy hex hub
adj. rear sway
receiver batt
and some spares to get me going.

Now where is that tax return cheque
Old 08-27-2008, 11:45 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Cheers Craig, you have pushed me closer to the EVO2 now What were those rubber belts you said? Are like an option low friction option set?

So now what I'm looking at is an EVO2 plus:
front CVDs
from carbon fibre damper stay
spring set
pinion and spur set
Alloy brake lever
app brake pads
alloy hex hub
adj. rear sway
receiver batt
and some spares to get me going.

Now where is that tax return cheque
I just realised you live in Sydney, I bought mine with my bonus Do you race anywhere at the moment?

Yeah the rubber belts are the low friction ones, I've got the kawaharas but I'm not sure if they are really necessary, it is handy to have a spare set of belts in any case. As for the springs, hold off until you've run the car. I went out and bought all the springs for my last car and only ever used the softer fronts, with the RRR I haven't bothered buying any yet
Old 08-28-2008, 05:07 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by G87z
Hello,
Who in the US has this car instock along with some of the upgrades. EX. Unis,engine mount,front graphite shock tower etc....? I know Kyosho USA has it but someone must have it cheaper.

Thank you
No one in the US has this stuff? I have looked at all the major places and they all seem to be out of stock.
Old 08-28-2008, 05:37 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by G87z
No one in the US has this stuff? I have looked at all the major places and they all seem to be out of stock.
Last I checked, Kyosho America had a lock on prices so vendors were not allowed to sell below a certain amount. I have never seen Kyosho parts consistantly less expensive than their own site www.shopkyosho.com, and if they don't have it then it isn't in america for you to buy and you have to wait.
Old 08-28-2008, 06:14 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Hi,
Am looking at getting a new nitro tourer. What options are recommend getting for the evo2?
Are there any links/post to setup and parts used from the 2008 worlds from Daniel and Chris's cars?

Thanks
I've pitted for Toso for more then a year and one things for sure is other then front universals his cars are usually right from the box stock. he will run the adjustable sway in the rear but on occasion will try the stock one. Most all of us amatuers do need to do all we can to make the car the better, mostly because of our lack of talent so we look better. not sure if Toso's set up is posted on rc tech.
Old 08-29-2008, 09:52 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Originally Posted by Speedypeterb
I've pitted for Toso for more then a year and one things for sure is other then front universals his cars are usually right from the box stock. he will run the adjustable sway in the rear but on occasion will try the stock one. Most all of us amatuers do need to do all we can to make the car the better, mostly because of our lack of talent so we look better. not sure if Toso's set up is posted on rc tech.
So he run's rear dogbones??? Why? Is there some advantage to rear bones, like travel lockup??
Old 08-29-2008, 02:17 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Default rear dogbones

greasing your dogbones and universals is crucial for performance and wear. it does create a little more maitenance but it pays to do it.
Old 08-29-2008, 05:13 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Originally Posted by JayL
So he run's rear dogbones??? Why? Is there some advantage to rear bones, like travel lockup??
Most if not all of the US team drivers that I know run dogbones in the rear of the car.
Old 08-30-2008, 05:14 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 30 (97%+)

hi All ,
is the uni's of rrr evo wc same as the evo 2 . front and rear .
Old 08-30-2008, 05:38 PM
Tech Regular

The front yes VZW219 I think. Rear is 0 offset code VSW006
hope it helps
Old 08-30-2008, 06:12 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 30 (97%+)

Originally Posted by jeff1
The front yes VZW219 I think. Rear is 0 offset code VSW006
hope it helps
thanks jeff1
Old 08-31-2008, 02:10 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

Anyone recommend an aftermarket/spare screw kit for the EVO2?

Tony Screws?
RC Screwz?
FastEddy?

Thanks.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.