R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 08-27-2008, 07:31 PM   #211
Tech Regular
 
shiston's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 411
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CraigM View Post
Def not 3 racing!!! All my stuff is Kyosho or Kawahara, but K-factory and KM racing make quality stuff too. I've never tried atominc
Cool thanks.
What i am trying to do is have a look at the total cost of the car with the main hop ups compared to a 720 and NT1.
The price of the EVO2 is very good compared to the 720 & NT1 but they come with front CVDs and carbon shock tower and when u look at getting a new EVO2 with the options you mentioned it still look well priced.
shiston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2008, 07:49 PM   #212
Tech Elite
 
Arahawak's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: A.D. 2030
Posts: 3,444
Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by shiston View Post
Cool thanks.
What i am trying to do is have a look at the total cost of the car with the main hop ups compared to a 720 and NT1.
The price of the EVO2 is very good compared to the 720 & NT1 but they come with front CVDs and carbon shock tower and when u look at getting a new EVO2 with the options you mentioned it still look well priced.
The options i would trust are:

Kawahara
Knack
KM Racing
Team AJ (for their carbon servo horns)

and of coz Kyosho's own option parts thou they cost a tad more.
__________________
Support Bacteria - its the only culture some people have!
Arahawak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2008, 10:39 PM   #213
Tech Champion
 
CraigM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 7,009
Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by shiston View Post
Cool thanks.
What i am trying to do is have a look at the total cost of the car with the main hop ups compared to a 720 and NT1.
The price of the EVO2 is very good compared to the 720 & NT1 but they come with front CVDs and carbon shock tower and when u look at getting a new EVO2 with the options you mentioned it still look well priced.
The 720 is pretty old now, so I'd stick to either the NT1 or the RRR. With the xray you must also factor in that parts are going to be more than the RRR (they are here at least). If memory serves me correctly the NT1 '08 only comes with front uni's anyway so you should be able to match the spec with an evo.2 and still pocket some money, plus then you'll have a newly revised car rather than a 2yo one
__________________
www.facebook.com/mcpheerc
CraigM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2008, 11:30 PM   #214
Tech Regular
 
shiston's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 411
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CraigM View Post
The 720 is pretty old now, so I'd stick to either the NT1 or the RRR. With the xray you must also factor in that parts are going to be more than the RRR (they are here at least). If memory serves me correctly the NT1 '08 only comes with front uni's anyway so you should be able to match the spec with an evo.2 and still pocket some money, plus then you'll have a newly revised car rather than a 2yo one
Cheers Craig, you have pushed me closer to the EVO2 now What were those rubber belts you said? Are like an option low friction option set?

So now what I'm looking at is an EVO2 plus:
front CVDs
from carbon fibre damper stay
spring set
pinion and spur set
Alloy brake lever
app brake pads
alloy hex hub
adj. rear sway
receiver batt
and some spares to get me going.

Now where is that tax return cheque
shiston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2008, 12:45 AM   #215
Tech Champion
 
CraigM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 7,009
Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by shiston View Post
Cheers Craig, you have pushed me closer to the EVO2 now What were those rubber belts you said? Are like an option low friction option set?

So now what I'm looking at is an EVO2 plus:
front CVDs
from carbon fibre damper stay
spring set
pinion and spur set
Alloy brake lever
app brake pads
alloy hex hub
adj. rear sway
receiver batt
and some spares to get me going.

Now where is that tax return cheque
I just realised you live in Sydney, I bought mine with my bonus Do you race anywhere at the moment?

Yeah the rubber belts are the low friction ones, I've got the kawaharas but I'm not sure if they are really necessary, it is handy to have a spare set of belts in any case. As for the springs, hold off until you've run the car. I went out and bought all the springs for my last car and only ever used the softer fronts, with the RRR I haven't bothered buying any yet
__________________
www.facebook.com/mcpheerc
CraigM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2008, 06:07 PM   #216
Tech Fanatic
 
G87z's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Logan Township, NJ
Posts: 788
Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by G87z View Post
Hello,
Who in the US has this car instock along with some of the upgrades. EX. Unis,engine mount,front graphite shock tower etc....? I know Kyosho USA has it but someone must have it cheaper.

Thank you
No one in the US has this stuff? I have looked at all the major places and they all seem to be out of stock.
G87z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2008, 06:37 PM   #217
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 1,276
Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by G87z View Post
No one in the US has this stuff? I have looked at all the major places and they all seem to be out of stock.
Last I checked, Kyosho America had a lock on prices so vendors were not allowed to sell below a certain amount. I have never seen Kyosho parts consistantly less expensive than their own site www.shopkyosho.com, and if they don't have it then it isn't in america for you to buy and you have to wait.
__________________
Support those that support us

https://ActivRC.com http://TeamPowersUSA.net https://www.1upracing.com/ http://TeamAssociated.com
Brian Bosley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2008, 07:14 PM   #218
Tech Fanatic
 
Speedypeterb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Pompano Beach FL.
Posts: 775
Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Speedypeterb
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by shiston View Post
Hi,
Am looking at getting a new nitro tourer. What options are recommend getting for the evo2?
Are there any links/post to setup and parts used from the 2008 worlds from Daniel and Chris's cars?

Thanks
I've pitted for Toso for more then a year and one things for sure is other then front universals his cars are usually right from the box stock. he will run the adjustable sway in the rear but on occasion will try the stock one. Most all of us amatuers do need to do all we can to make the car the better, mostly because of our lack of talent so we look better. not sure if Toso's set up is posted on rc tech.
Speedypeterb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2008, 10:52 AM   #219
Tech Elite
 
JayL's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Ca
Posts: 2,880
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedypeterb View Post
I've pitted for Toso for more then a year and one things for sure is other then front universals his cars are usually right from the box stock. he will run the adjustable sway in the rear but on occasion will try the stock one. Most all of us amatuers do need to do all we can to make the car the better, mostly because of our lack of talent so we look better. not sure if Toso's set up is posted on rc tech.
So he run's rear dogbones??? Why? Is there some advantage to rear bones, like travel lockup??
JayL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2008, 03:17 PM   #220
Tech Fanatic
 
Speedypeterb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Pompano Beach FL.
Posts: 775
Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Speedypeterb
Default rear dogbones

greasing your dogbones and universals is crucial for performance and wear. it does create a little more maitenance but it pays to do it.
Speedypeterb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2008, 06:13 PM   #221
Tech Elite
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Henderson, NV
Posts: 4,148
Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Scott Fisher
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayL View Post
So he run's rear dogbones??? Why? Is there some advantage to rear bones, like travel lockup??
Most if not all of the US team drivers that I know run dogbones in the rear of the car.
__________________
| Capricorn | Ybslow | Proline-Protoform | Johnny Bravo Racing | Desoto Racing | Murnan Modified | Matrix Tires | Powermaster Fuel |
Scott Fisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2008, 06:14 PM   #222
Tech Fanatic
 
Alex Siddique's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Central Coast , NSW Australia
Posts: 872
Trader Rating: 30 (97%+)
Send a message via MSN to Alex Siddique
Default

hi All ,
is the uni's of rrr evo wc same as the evo 2 . front and rear .
__________________
No Fucker's Taking my money O/s OR local :) :)
Alex Siddique is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2008, 06:38 PM   #223
Tech Regular
 
jeff1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Posts: 377
Default

The front yes VZW219 I think. Rear is 0 offset code VSW006
hope it helps
jeff1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2008, 07:12 PM   #224
Tech Fanatic
 
Alex Siddique's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Central Coast , NSW Australia
Posts: 872
Trader Rating: 30 (97%+)
Send a message via MSN to Alex Siddique
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeff1 View Post
The front yes VZW219 I think. Rear is 0 offset code VSW006
hope it helps
thanks jeff1
__________________
No Fucker's Taking my money O/s OR local :) :)
Alex Siddique is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2008, 03:10 PM   #225
Tech Elite
 
Michael_T's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 4,083
Trader Rating: 48 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to Michael_T
Default

Anyone recommend an aftermarket/spare screw kit for the EVO2?

Tony Screws?
RC Screwz?
FastEddy?

Thanks.
__________________
Shepherd RC | Brilliant RC | Ielasi Tuned Novarossi | Xtreme Aerodynamics | Matrix |

BlueRC | www.bluerc.net
Michael_T is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
FOR SALE - Mugen MBX5T ProSpec and Kyosho STR with chassis conversion and Kyosho big MattWells R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 5 04-28-2017 10:25 AM
1986 1/12 Kyosho Plazma MKIII With Kyosho LeMan 600E Motor Funkymojo R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 2 05-17-2012 11:11 AM
Custom painted Kyosho SP2 and Kyosho STRR bodies.... RC3 Graphics SWEET W/ PICS CRFXXXT R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 1 01-07-2008 07:38 PM
MACH. 28/NEW PS, KYOSHO MINI INFERNO ST/W/3NEW IB1400 8 CELL PACKS, KYOSHO 1./8 BUGGY newbie2 R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 5 11-18-2007 06:07 PM
Convert Kyosho Quick Start system on Kyosho QRC to Pullstart Morpheus2be Monster Trucks 0 02-16-2005 11:26 PM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 11:37 PM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net