Search

Kyosho V-ONE RRR EVO 2

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2008, 01:34 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jeff1
just a newbie doubt
I am bulding the front knuckle arm, mounting the blue cap ball of pillow ball. How tight you let it? In manual says to ensure smooth non-binding movement of pillow ball. I always worry about this. For example I can let the pillow ball free but with a small play and I also can set it for a almost 0 play but the pillow ball movements more rough but not draging .. it also moves free without bind. When assembly on suspension arm the, 2 ways moves free up down left right. What are you opnions?
That can sound gay but I'm trying to assembly as possible as I can lol
I always to let it have little play as possible but yet the pillow are moving freely without any bind or rough movement.
Old 09-02-2008, 02:32 AM
Tech Addict

i assemble the pillow balls with as little slop as possible, then with sway bars and shocks off the car, lift the arms and if they fall under their own weight thats good enough for me, if not loosen them up slightly till the arms drop.
Old 09-03-2008, 04:07 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

Any suggestions on a receiver box that will not make the receiver as exposed as it is? Im used to the Mugen and Xray which come with a enclosure of some sort to protect it.

Also, any photos or suggestions to make the cabling abit neater and out of the way?

Do people ever have issues with damage to the receiver?

Here are some build pics....

Old 09-03-2008, 07:11 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Novarossi
Any suggestions on a receiver box that will not make the receiver as exposed as it is? Im used to the Mugen and Xray which come with a enclosure of some sort to protect it.

Also, any photos or suggestions to make the cabling abit neater and out of the way?

Most drivers use a 10 speed inner-tube to mount the receiver around the entire mount and tuck all the wires inside. Check the diameters when you're at the store and try to match one up that will tightly secure your receiver. it mostly protects it from dust and some fuel/water and you don't have to tape it (which comes loose with fuel)
Old 09-03-2008, 08:04 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Novarossi

Novarossi,

I took a cover from a Mugen and used it to cover my receiver. Had to drimmel it just a bit on the front side for my wiring but protects the receiver quite well. Mounted right up to the inside set of holes for the receiver bracket.

Regards,
Speyederjedi
Old 09-04-2008, 05:49 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Your local had EVO. 2 WC soon news ?
Old 09-04-2008, 08:14 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by RC MARKET
Your local had EVO. 2 WC soon news ?
Old 09-04-2008, 08:54 PM
Tech Elite

I m using Atomic protection box, its very tidy to use this.

http://www.rcatomic.com/atomic/compo...ct/KR015_m.jpg
Old 09-05-2008, 04:16 AM
Tech Adept

Novarossi, the Mugen MTX4 cover is a direct fit.
You can use the atomic cover box too, like dameetz said, and you can also use a silicone cover like this one I use:
http://rc-mushroom.com/product_info....ducts_id=14645
Old 09-05-2008, 08:29 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

hi,can i use the xray light bell in a rrr car?the bearings are the same?
the pinion's diameter is the same?
thanks!

Last edited by GREGORY!; 04-14-2009 at 03:40 AM.
Old 09-06-2008, 04:53 AM
Tech Adept

From what that I heard, V-One RRR EVO 2 WC will release next month Oct 08, but will not come with XRay fuel tank
Old 09-06-2008, 05:56 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Eh! Just what i need! Looking at getting an EVO2 and already there's an update. But I assume you will be able to upgrade to the WC anyway.
Didn't the EVO WC win the 2008 worlds and not the EVO2?

What's the deal with the NT1 tank?????
Old 09-06-2008, 06:22 AM
Tech Elite

Daniele won using a normal RRR with full Capricorn option parts including the upper deck which uses NT1 tank.
Old 09-07-2008, 06:44 PM
Tech Fanatic

Default thinking of getting the evo 2

hi,
i currently have a nt1 and really dont race/practice much at all anymore. i maybe have went out with it four times. but every time i go out with it, i cant get it to run good. people tell me i need a clutch spring from this car, another thing from another car, etc. i really don't have the time to keep up on all this. i was wondering, is the rrr pretty much plug and play? or do you need to jump through hoops trying to find additonal parts to make it run good.

also, what upgrade parts would be good to buy.

thanks in advance,
joe
Old 09-07-2008, 07:00 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Joe Chaplow
hi,
i currently have a nt1 and really dont race/practice much at all anymore. i maybe have went out with it four times. but every time i go out with it, i cant get it to run good. people tell me i need a clutch spring from this car, another thing from another car, etc. i really don't have the time to keep up on all this. i was wondering, is the rrr pretty much plug and play? or do you need to jump through hoops trying to find additonal parts to make it run good.

also, what upgrade parts would be good to buy.

thanks in advance,
joe
A spool and front CVDs should be enough to get going. There hasn't been much feedback on the 2d clutch yet so I guess wait and see, from early reports it sounds ok but you might want to get an extra set of weights for some tracks to run 4 instead of 2. That said, I know plenty of people that run NT1s stock without problems

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.