Wiki Posts
Search

Kyosho V-ONE RRR EVO 2

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2008, 10:42 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Originally Posted by barg
Im a bit over half way through building mine.

Front and rear ends are done. Just setting up the radio tray now.

My first impressions are:

New Plastic. Seems stronger/stiffer.
New Gearbox. Hot. A lot better fit than the old one.
New 2nd Gear with Steel inside instead of Alu. Hopefully helps with the stripping issue.
New adjustable servo saver.
Longer rear arms/driveshafts.
Thicker rear shock tower.
Chassis milled out near clutch bell. Should allow clutch bell removal without having to loosen the engine.

I cant wait to get it onto the track.

It will be making its track debut in Qld at the State championships.

Barg:

I have a question for you since I have not had a car in my hands as of yet:

Are you sure that the rear arms are longer? I was told they are the same as the previous car. Do you have an old one you can compare to be certain it is different?
Old 07-23-2008, 12:58 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 91 (100%+)

I was told the same also if you don't have the arms post the item# from the manual
Old 07-23-2008, 01:23 PM
GEO
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by fatboy
Hope the conversion kit will be out as i just got my RRR WC last month

Come in my possition who the EVO 2 comes to Greece at 2 months......And if i want the conversion kit..i must wait 3 or 4 months...
I am not so lucky because my V one RRR EVO has play in many races here in Greece and i need a new car...
What if I will wait ....
Old 07-23-2008, 02:25 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by GMartinez
I was told the same also if you don't have the arms post the item# from the manual
I thought the same thing regarding the part number, but if the plastic is different (this would be the first I am hearing about new plastic) it may have a new part number.
Old 07-23-2008, 03:44 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Scott Fisher
Barg:

Are you sure that the rear arms are longer? I was told they are the same as the previous car. Do you have an old one you can compare to be certain it is different?
Hmmmm now you ask the question I think you might be right. I will check tonight as I am at work now.
Old 07-23-2008, 06:49 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

The part # for the rear arm in the EVO 2 kit is VZ210B , it is the same arm as the previous arms from the WC kits just a different plastic. They arms have been at Kyosho America for about a year now.
Old 07-23-2008, 06:50 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Scott Fisher
Barg:

Have not seen the car yet, but theory wise, if the chassis is narrower, the arms should be longer..

What i heard is that the EVO 2 is total new car instead of just upgrades where you can get conversion kits.. well you can never be too sure with them Japanese designers..
Old 07-23-2008, 07:04 PM
Tech Addict

The Chassis is narrow not where the bulheads mount but in the center between bulkheads. No geometry changes with the car. I will try and answer questions about the car as they come up.
Old 07-23-2008, 07:34 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by ATOMIC
The Chassis is narrow not where the bulheads mount but in the center between bulkheads. No geometry changes with the car. I will try and answer questions about the car as they come up.
So basically it is the same car as the EVO? How about the roll-out, any changes to that?

The narrower chassis would allow more flex, thus improve grip right? So what will it lose?

Any questions, i notice that the 1st pinion is sharpen on the edges compare to other cars like the Mugens and the Snakes. Why is this so? will it make better meshing or will that make a difference in the roll out?

Sorry for so many questions, just trying to learn.
Old 07-23-2008, 08:36 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Arahawak
So basically it is the same car as the EVO? How about the roll-out, any changes to that?

The narrower chassis would allow more flex, thus improve grip right? So what will it lose?

Any questions, i notice that the 1st pinion is sharpen on the edges compare to other cars like the Mugens and the Snakes. Why is this so? will it make better meshing or will that make a difference in the roll out?

Sorry for so many questions, just trying to learn.
No roll-out changes

The car does have a bit more flex but I would say it is more of an eqaul flex front to rear.

The sharper point is for a smoother , more free mesh and will make no diff in roll-out

I will post the new parts with part #'s in the next day or 2.
Old 07-23-2008, 08:52 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Thanks ATOMIC for clearing up these issues...
Old 07-23-2008, 09:11 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by shesha
"Kyosho have released information about their latest Kyosho V-One RRR 1/10th scale 200mm, the Evo 2. Designed to be a refinement rather than an all new design, the designers have worked on performance, stability and ease of maintenance. The main chassis plate is completely new with a narrower front end, while the radio plate has been stiffened up to improve drivability. The car also features the 2 speed gearbox from the Evolva M3, a new thicker revised rear shock tower and the rear of the car also sports longer arms to allow the use of 0-offset wheels."

The above information was posted on redrc.net from Kysoho.com however when I checked kyosho.com did not spot any information on the above written article.

Now i am confuse RedRC reported longer rear arms. but the part numbers are the same.

I guess i have to wait for somebody with the EVO and EVO 2 to post pictures of the arms.
Old 07-23-2008, 09:24 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Arahawak
Now i am confuse RedRC reported longer rear arms. but the part numbers are the same.

I guess i have to wait for somebody with the EVO and EVO 2 to post pictures of the arms.
Remember... RedRC reports what they are told to report... In order words, people write reports then send em to RedRC for them to post it... (or thats how i think this thing works)
Old 07-23-2008, 09:36 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

So does that mean that the current front spool wont fit on the new car?
Old 07-23-2008, 11:20 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by barg
So does that mean that the current front spool wont fit on the new car?
Just the opposite. From what Kyosho told me the chassis is narrower in the areas where the radio tray sits. The areas of the chassis at the front and back, where the bulkheads mount, the chassis is the same width. I am almost sure that the current spool will fit. I was actually told that all the plastic is the same.

Ron will hopefully confirm, but I was told the differences are:

New chassis
New radio tray
It comes with the 2D clutch
Uses the M3 servo saver, so you have inserts to more easily adjust ackerman
M3 2 speed
New 2nd gear that has a steel ring instead of aluminum
Car will use 0 offset wheels

Regarding the new offset of the wheels, I was not able to get the answer on how they do that..... Unscrew the pillow balls? Different wheel hexes? Will we need a longer camber link? Longer dogbones? Maybe Ron can shed some light on that.

Most or all of that has been mentioned, but that is what Kyosho America told me on Monday.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.