Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Don't forget Ashford Hobby!!

www.ashfordhobby.com
Old 01-20-2009, 07:32 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default terrible outing story

well last weekend took part in the first round of my country on road race series. due to few commitments , i was unable to go earlier and practice before the race. only arrive early in the morning on race day , had a few runs before race starts and thats it

3 heats given , i ran the first 2 and couldn't clock a good time.
so when the 3rd heat arrive i was determined that i must perform better. but the worst possible thing happen , my pitman couldn't get the motor running. i shouted to him to get it started. after a few attemps it was to no avail. i came down the driver stand and almost threw my transmitter
i can't believe to find out that my plug flamed out

after that while waiting for the finals , to add more to my frustration my transmitter cease to function!!, nothing appeared on the screen when switched on. it was miserable. i left the pit area and went for a walk around the track. when i came back my friend told me he found out what was wrong with the radio. one of the battery casing wires were torn. so we hurried to replace the wires

anyway for consolation i won the lower groups finals just 7 seconds in front of the 2nd car .

Today after some 'post mortem' , i need to make few changes in my setup like changing my 2d clutches system to the sirio power clutch and instead of running the front one way i will drop in the front diff and maintain other setups for next outing.

Last edited by rcabj; 01-20-2009 at 07:33 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 01-20-2009, 08:24 PM
Tech Elite

I believe we taking about the same local race. It was the same for me on the practise issues. I mess up with the rollcenter setting which cost me on all 3 heats. resolve the problem for the lower final but it was too dark. For me Oneway is still competative on that track.

The mistake: I lowered the front upper arm which give too much traction in front till the rear lost grip. 40 shores all round and max caster angle still doesn't counter the roll center issues. Driving felt like no caster and the car is so responsive on steering.

learning every racing
Old 01-20-2009, 10:24 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 32 (94%+)
Questions??

Originally Posted by rcabj
well last weekend took part in the first round of my country on road race series. due to few commitments , i was unable to go earlier and practice before the race. only arrive early in the morning on race day , had a few runs before race starts and thats it

3 heats given , i ran the first 2 and couldn't clock a good time.
so when the 3rd heat arrive i was determined that i must perform better. but the worst possible thing happen , my pitman couldn't get the motor running. i shouted to him to get it started. after a few attemps it was to no avail. i came down the driver stand and almost threw my transmitter
i can't believe to find out that my plug flamed out

after that while waiting for the finals , to add more to my frustration my transmitter cease to function!!, nothing appeared on the screen when switched on. it was miserable. i left the pit area and went for a walk around the track. when i came back my friend told me he found out what was wrong with the radio. one of the battery casing wires were torn. so we hurried to replace the wires

anyway for consolation i won the lower groups finals just 7 seconds in front of the 2nd car .

Today after some 'post mortem' , i need to make few changes in my setup like changing my 2d clutches system to the sirio power clutch and instead of running the front one way i will drop in the front diff and maintain other setups for next outing.
What is the problem with the 2d clutch....?
Old 01-21-2009, 01:11 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Ivan Dickson
What is the problem with the 2d clutch....?
hi Ivan, i find it lacks a bit on the initial acceleration . but from mid to top it was 'ballistic'. and on that particular track i believe the 3d works better coz i need that extra acceleration punch. do u reckon the 2d should work better?
Old 01-21-2009, 01:26 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by esham
I believe we taking about the same local race. It was the same for me on the practise issues. I mess up with the rollcenter setting which cost me on all 3 heats. resolve the problem for the lower final but it was too dark. For me Oneway is still competative on that track.

The mistake: I lowered the front upper arm which give too much traction in front till the rear lost grip. 40 shores all round and max caster angle still doesn't counter the roll center issues. Driving felt like no caster and the car is so responsive on steering.

learning every racing
yes bro ! we r refering to the same race. u were fast during the finals , i can see your car behind me at the same pace as i was. got me worried there

i drop in the front diff for that final, first time with it and luckily i can adapt to its driving style quickly too i do find it easier esp. taking small turns. the rest was nearly the same to the one way beside late braking capability i might stick to it too.

we can compare our setups , mine was :

fr track width 198 ,rear 199
droop 1 and 4
roll centre b front,c rear
shock medium, 50wt oil all round
front blade 30 deg
rear wire stock
i use 37 shore all round for that finals
Old 01-21-2009, 08:09 AM
Tech Regular

hi Ivan, i find it lacks a bit on the initial acceleration . but from mid to top it was 'ballistic'. and on that particular track i believe the 3d works better coz i need that extra acceleration punch. do u reckon the 2d should work better?
rcabj,

Do yourself a favor and get the Capricorn or Sirio power clutch set-up. I too was unhaapy with the new 2d set-up for the RRR Evo 2 and went back to the stock 3d set-up. It was better but the car was still to slow out of the turns when compared to my 2 buddies running the Xray NT1. I went and got the Capricorn power clutch set-up and the car is really way quicker off the bottom and stupid fast from mid to top. It made a big difference on my lap times. The proper set-up for that power clutch has been posted on 3hobby.net. Hope this helps you out.

Regards,
Speyederjedi
Old 01-21-2009, 08:30 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 32 (94%+)
Thumbs up

I'm still running my 3d clutch, but I was thinking of getting the 2d clutch down the line, thanks for the feedback...
Old 01-21-2009, 01:55 PM
Tech Adept

Default suspension shafts

is it common to bend you suspension shafts on this kit? or is it one of those things i shouldn't worry about?
im buying some parts just want to make sure i got everything
i used to run the NTC3 so i am used to keeping like 10 of each part
Old 01-21-2009, 02:15 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by olkleaf
is it common to bend you suspension shafts on this kit? or is it one of those things i shouldn't worry about?
im buying some parts just want to make sure i got everything
i used to run the NTC3 so i am used to keeping like 10 of each part

olkleaf,

It doesn't happen often but it does happen. I've bent a few hinge pins along the way. I keep 1 set of each of the hinge pins in my group of spare parts.

Regards,
Speyederjedi
Old 01-21-2009, 02:19 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Speyederjedi
olkleaf,

It doesn't happen often but it does happen. I've bent a few hinge pins along the way. I keep 1 set of each of the hinge pins in my group of spare parts.

Regards,
Speyederjedi
thank you
Old 01-21-2009, 02:21 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by olkleaf
thank you
Not a problem.
Old 01-21-2009, 04:59 PM
Tech Elite

Default replacing shock oil

appreciate all the feedbacks guys. thanks a lot.

yea, i made the wrong choice when i use the 2d clutch . hopefully with the power clutch i can go out and show some muscles .

maybe this issue has been discuss a lot of times , but how do u guys usually replace your shock oil ? maybe few different methods out there.
Old 01-21-2009, 05:43 PM
Tech Elite

we can compare our setups , mine was :

fr track width 198 ,rear 199
droop 1 and 4
roll centre b front,c rear
shock medium, 50wt oil all round
front blade 30 deg
rear wire stock
i use 37 shore all round for that finals
Your white body colour safe you there... mine-

Final setup
Trackwidth F199/R200
Droop F0/R4
Rollcenter F"highest", R"center/middle" ( no sure if it a,b,c?)
Shock 50wt all round
Swaybar F 90deg, R 45deg
Tires 40 shore all round
Old 01-21-2009, 08:06 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by esham
Your white body colour safe you there...
yup it did if not for sure i would end up inside the drain like PJ and Mamad

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.