Community
Wiki Posts
Search

GT class--buggy-based on road!

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2013, 06:59 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 70 (100%+)

I'm glad you used one of the coolest photos in all of GT racing for your flyer!!!

-Jon
Old 09-19-2013, 07:07 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by bassman2
Well said.
Thank You Andy !!
Old 09-19-2013, 07:10 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Joseph16
Just to let you know that daniel Andujar the previous owner of thunder hobbies in the bronx, ny have the mp9 convertion, that car is one of the best Gt that i ever seen.
I suggest you to fo it if you have the money to the a mp9 roller wich is really expensive.
Good luck.
Wow Joseph...looks like he beat me to it...lol...how does it run on the track ?
Old 09-19-2013, 09:02 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

I have a Losi L8 latemodel I want convert it to GT what do I need to do it. Do I need a 2 speed is there a setup sheet avaliable for a Losi 8?
Old 09-19-2013, 10:14 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Yb2fast
Wow Joseph...looks like he beat me to it...lol...how does it run on the track ?
The car performs really good. That car can be really competitive. It have a lot of setting options.
Short wheel base with the new two speed on it.

If im not mistaken that car will be at the regionals in Port Jervis in 10 days.
Old 09-19-2013, 10:50 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 28 (97%+)

Originally Posted by DRRC
why long chassis only
There are more long chassis kits sold worldwide than short chassis but they are not as fast as short chassis and there is nowhere to race them competitively. There are dozens of realistic long chassis bodies where we only have two short chassis race bodies. The SPEC class is a true scale class where real liveries are encouraged.

Old 09-20-2013, 07:34 AM
Tech Rookie

Derp! I thought that was just legalese at the bottom. Didn't see it the first pass.

As to the whole thread; I love the debate going on. May not agree with everyone but it shows passion! It's good to see passion and an obvious desire for such a class. Heck passion for the hobby alone. Guess I'm going to have to face it, need to race again.
Old 09-20-2013, 08:32 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 59 (98%+)

so I will have to wait for a short chassis spec class to join in
cant buy a $500 long chassis rtr remove all electronics and get the reds motor
I will have to spend $1000 to get into the class having no long chassis car
Old 09-20-2013, 09:35 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)

You don't need to purchase a new car. Since I know you run an OFNA DM-1, all you need is the 1/7 scale chassis and the longer drive shafts to the gear box. EVERYTHING else bolts right in ........ I know a guy who knows a guy that has all the parts you need .....
Old 09-20-2013, 10:00 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 28 (97%+)

There is not going to be a short chassis spec class, like Grenade says just convert your DM to long and rock with it!! There is a minimum weight of 3700g and you cannot have any upgrades so you are set.
Old 09-20-2013, 10:03 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 59 (98%+)

Originally Posted by Grenade10
You don't need to purchase a new car. Since I know you run an OFNA DM-1, all you need is the 1/7 scale chassis and the longer drive shafts to the gear box. EVERYTHING else bolts right in ........ I know a guy who knows a guy that has all the parts you need .....
Now that was funny Mark...
I know but I dont like how the 1/7 runs, i used to have 2 of those tanks
Just wanted to be in Spec but looks like it will just be open for me
Old 09-20-2013, 10:16 AM
Tech Elite

Now that was funny Mark...
I know but I dont like how the 1/7 runs, i used to have 2 of those tanks
Just wanted to be in Spec but looks like it will just be open for me
Looks like all of us N.W. guys will be running open too. Nobody has a long chassis within 200 miles
Old 09-20-2013, 10:21 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 45 (100%+)

You don't have to buy anything you just continue to race with the exact same gear and class you have been racing "OPEN"

Maybe this will clear things up a bit:

The IGT8F "SPEC" Class is that..... A "SPECIFIC" CLASS OF GT8, WITH ITS OWN VERY "SPECIFIC" SET OF RULES.
It's very similar to the races Tamiya, HPI, and VTA have.
If you don't want or can't follow the "SPEC" rules, you simple run in the "OPEN" Class. We are adding a class not dividing or splitting what is already established.

To Address the other half, we currently have the exact same rule book for both the IGT8F "OPEN" and "PRO$" Class because these are the rules currently most followed and agree with. (I know it currently says "SPORTSMAN" as well, this is addressed below)

"PRO$" is for Professional; as in makes money from racing. These events with a "PRO$" Class will only be held once to twice a year and announced a year in advance. To have "Pre Qualifier" events to obtain a invitation to run the "PRO$" Class at those BIG EVENT.

Now the "Pre Qualifiers" work in conjuction with the current and past major attended GT8 Class races. Again not taking anything away from what has already been established, but to only PROMOTE those events even more by adding the benefit of getting an Invitation to the IGT8F "PRO$" Class. These races can follow IGT8F RULES or countinue using their existing rules, it's Track and Directors choice.

Now "OPEN" is and always will be "OPEN", as in open to all and any choices. Except for the very short list of Not allowed.

Ok "SPORTSMAN" is a class I can't judge or even rule on. I am not the guy or organization to determine what fits in the class. I put this on our class rules as labeled below ??? TBA??? Simply because it was brought to my attention that my current format (OPEN & SPEC) was to exclusive.... So once I get the Rules from the supporting and Sponsoring party or parties they will be posted.

Last I want everyone to understand I created this as a racer for more races not as business. Everything you see time, money and effort, has all come from me alone. I just want to unite and build this class and On Road Racing.

Also when I ask for support from tracks, shops, Race Directors manufacturers, etc. to be affiliated with IGT8F its simply to UNITE us all on the same common goal or interest. To support the racers and customers, that already support YOU. Weather you decide to be affiliated or not be affiliated or offer support or not. That is your choice, BUT I PERSONALLY WILL ALWAYS AND COUNTINUE TO SUPPORT ANYONE THAT SUPPORT, GT8 RACING..... and Yes even Jeff Vargas

Last edited by tonylunatic; 09-20-2013 at 10:43 AM.
Old 09-20-2013, 10:22 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 70 (100%+)

Hmmm...
So is there a revival coming for the production of new & improved long chassis kits?
Or is this rule in the spec class for guys who already own long chassis GTs?

I realize that there are many long cars just sitting around (basements, garages, ebay, rctech, etc.) since the invasion of the short chassis cars over the past couple years that people could "pick up" and start running this spec class.

I just wonder how many new racers will buy new/old stock to start out.
Undoubtedly, the spec rules will evolve as time goes by and revisions will have to be made to the rules, but I definitely like the starting point of these class rules that have been developed so far.
-Jon

Clarifier: Was typing prior to Tony's last post so didnt see his post till now.

??? Once a person attends and race in a particular class, does a person always have to be racing in that class or can we all move around from race to race or year to year ???

Last edited by burgboyz; 09-20-2013 at 10:30 AM. Reason: Added Clarifier
Old 09-20-2013, 10:41 AM
Tech Elite

Everything is a step in the right direction. But I really don't believe in the "History Lesson" of the new guys starting off with a outdated long chassis. Let them use something they can grow into. That was the only way I could get guys to try scale spec, they could start off with SS then move up to 17.5 using the SAME CHASSIS, just change out the motor, tires and body.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.