Wiki Posts
Search

GT class--buggy-based on road!

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2013, 07:13 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 45 (100%+)

Originally Posted by *1speedy
It’s Obvious you don't want anything to do with the Winter Nationals and that's fine, I just don't understand the spin of Negativity you put on it. So many RC enthusiasts go every year and have a great time why wouldn't GT8 have the same enjoyment. I hope others see it different and go

You asked a Question was I at homestead this year? You were there did you see me? I was racing GT at Homestead in 2010 were you there? Not sure why the question was asked. Been a major GT enthusiast since the 1st BMW Inferno GT came out. If you want a pissing contest please wait for about 25 days for the king of GT to come off ban I am not interested.

GL in your endeavors
Only because I know both of you, I can say you took what Marcus was asking completely the wrong way. He asked about Homestead, simply to know if you had met. Marcus and I drove the 23+hrs to attend last year. He didn't race GT in 2011 when we met.

Btw I think you meant Creator above God himself.
Old 09-18-2013, 08:38 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)

The winternationals is one of the few long running events that I have not made yet, but they would not be around, or bring in the racers from around the globe if it were not run well and people had a great time.

Jim and I talked about the rules last year, but he was hoping ROAR would have had something for them ....... Maybe some day.

As to the other events to add, I would include an event at either Floyd Bennett or Blue Diamond. I've run with those guys and they are quick. Most of the guys who would travel from Utah will be at the Timezone race, so they are covered. Same thing for the few of us that run the Heart of America series and travel, as we would (well all but me this year) be at the Byrons race.

There should be something in California and not sure if all of Florida would be covered by the Homestead race.

I'm looking forward to the first race in Houston.
Old 09-18-2013, 09:55 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Thumbs up

wait for about 25 days for the king of GT to come off ban...
Jajajajajaja Who jajajajaja
Old 09-19-2013, 05:39 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

So if that's the case why not have 80 GT8 entries at the Winter Nationals, that would be easily the biggest thing GT8 has ever done and put us on the MAP
If 20+ guys sign up for winternats I would consider going as long as I could meet the other scheduled events that I plan to attend. I'm not tied to the Pan American race but I know that I had a blast at that event. Same goes for the Byron's matter of fact at both events pretty much the same core group of racers attended. I see myself as traveling more next year but racing less ( if that makes sense) because if the situations at my local track. Looking forward to Port Jervis next weekend speedy I know you and Aja will be there to defend your NYS title I'm guessing about 2o+ GT will be there.
Old 09-19-2013, 08:15 AM
Tech Regular

It’s Obvious you don't want anything to do with the Winter Nationals and that's fine, I just don't understand the spin of Negativity you put on it. So many RC enthusiasts go every year and have a great time why wouldn't GT8 have the same enjoyment. I hope others see it different and go

You asked a Question was I at homestead this year? You were there did you see me? I was racing GT at Homestead in 2010 were you there? Not sure why the question was asked. Been a major GT enthusiast since the 1st BMW Inferno GT came out. If you want a pissing contest please wait for about 25 days for the king of GT to come off ban I am not interested.

GL in your endeavors
I have been reading this thread for a few months now and it is the best thread if you are a GT8 driver...1speedy you are a cutting edge racer and I give you mad props for taking an Xray XB9 GT conversion and woop azz lol. Rino Lino and Scotty have done it too but you have stayed with your setup. I also give Marcus (mantisworx) mad props also for being an innovator especially just getting into nitro and GT8 with a new TeamC car and whooping azz also. So my point is YOU BOTH are very valuable for GT8 so please keep it real and keep the love and cyber friendship going ! I live in South FL and have been to Homestead and I know the track Director Johnny Wong very well and I really would love to see you both run at the Nats ! As far as spec and pro GT8 goes I'm all in as I have a Kyosho Gt1 heavily modded for a pro class and I have a GT2 long chassis (race spec) with a very inexpensive 6 port motor ($140 retail lol) that runs almost as fast as my (pro) GT1 car. Love them both.!! When I retire them I might be the 1st to do a Kyosho MP9 GT conversion and woop azz also and be an innovator like you both one day soon ! So keep the peace gents and run what you brung
Old 09-19-2013, 09:30 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Yb2fast
I have been reading this thread for a few months now and it is the best thread if you are a GT8 driver...1speedy you are a cutting edge racer and I give you mad props for taking an Xray XB9 GT conversion and woop azz lol. Rino Lino and Scotty have done it too but you have stayed with your setup. I also give Marcus (mantisworx) mad props also for being an innovator especially just getting into nitro and GT8 with a new TeamC car and whooping azz also. So my point is YOU BOTH are very valuable for GT8 so please keep it real and keep the love and cyber friendship going ! I live in South FL and have been to Homestead and I know the track Director Johnny Wong very well and I really would love to see you both run at the Nats ! As far as spec and pro GT8 goes I'm all in as I have a Kyosho Gt1 heavily modded for a pro class and I have a GT2 long chassis (race spec) with a very inexpensive 6 port motor ($140 retail lol) that runs almost as fast as my (pro) GT1 car. Love them both.!! When I retire them I might be the 1st to do a Kyosho MP9 GT conversion and woop azz also and be an innovator like you both one day soon ! So keep the peace gents and run what you brung
Well said.
Old 09-19-2013, 10:46 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Just as extra info on what is being using in southamerica ... Brazil will organize the onroad championship this year including GT Class for first time ever.

Base technical rulebook claims for :

- USD$ 290 commercial price tag limit for engines (onroad/offroad).
- 7 ports maximum.
- .21 - .28 range.
- Only "shoe type" clutch (offroad type) 2-4 shoes.
- EFRA homologated exchaust systems.
- Rubber tires only.
- Shaft driven cars only.
- 2-speed boxes operational.

The other 2 international southamerican events that accepts GT Class always has been based on USD$ 280 price tag and for 2014 will move to USD$ 300 so at the end, all are almost the same.

Pending of desition, is the fact that want to force the use of a 7mm or 7.5mm venturi size as mandatory for everyone in order to level the game ... but this is not decided yet ...

regards,
Old 09-19-2013, 12:27 PM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by tonylunatic
Thank you as well Sir, your points of view are dead on with ours at IGT8F.

Our soon to be released "SPEC" class rules "SPECIFIC", allows for easier entry into On road Nitro first. For someone interested in just playing in the streets with the OPTION to participate in organized races without having to buy anything else and the guy next to you racing is also running the exact same equipment.

Our program is designed to bring in NEW participants NOT split our existing ones.

Vist WWW.IGT8F.COM we invite everyone.
I like what I see. Missed that link from earlier in the thread. Hoping to get a GT 1/8 car after I sell some of my old stuff. Though going electric this time. Nobody seems to be running nitro in DFW anymore. Any plans to work in an electric class? And run in DFW area?

I love nitro, but right now nitro is kind of like the hot chick. She's got the sizzle but she's nuts and leaves you broke. Electric is kinda like the homely lass who'll cook you dinner every night—for now that's where I'm going.
Old 09-19-2013, 12:46 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 59 (98%+)

“SPEC” CLASS RULES
CAR & CHASSIS:
1. Any commercially available “LONG” wheel based GT8 car, kit, or chassis ONLY
why long chassis only
Old 09-19-2013, 02:25 PM
Tech Fanatic

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Yb2fast
them I might be the 1st to do a Kyosho MP9 GT conversion and woop azz also and be an innovator like you both one day soon !
Just to let you know that daniel Andujar the previous owner of thunder hobbies in the bronx, ny have the mp9 convertion, that car is one of the best Gt that i ever seen.
I suggest you to do it if you have the money to get the mp9 roller wich is really expensive.
Good luck.

Last edited by Joseph16; 09-19-2013 at 10:06 PM.
Old 09-19-2013, 03:37 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by jaratr
I like what I see. Missed that link from earlier in the thread. Hoping to get a GT 1/8 car after I sell some of my old stuff. Though going electric this time. Nobody seems to be running nitro in DFW anymore. Any plans to work in an electric class? And run in DFW area?

I love nitro, but right now nitro is kind of like the hot chick. She's got the sizzle but she's nuts and leaves you broke. Electric is kinda like the homely lass who'll cook you dinner every night—for now that's where I'm going.
Yes sir COMING SOON!!

Official Class Rules
http://igt8f.com/class-rules/
Old 09-19-2013, 04:08 PM
Tech Elite

So is Reds' giving us everything at cost to get the Spec Class up and going?
Old 09-19-2013, 05:12 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by T-Hawk
So is Reds' giving us everything at cost to get the Spec Class up and going?
Pretty much.. There will be incentive support by both motor and tire Sponsors. But also from Affiliated shops. All will be announced.
Old 09-19-2013, 05:36 PM
Tech Elite

Hey Tony ....

Are the races up on the site yet or are they still to be announced?

I intend to try and make some of these races..... I'm liking what I have read.

Next year should be a really good year in GT

BM
Old 09-19-2013, 06:43 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by British Menace
Hey Tony ....

Are the races up on the site yet or are they still to be announced?

I intend to try and make some of the se races..... I'm liking what I have read.

Next year should be a really good year in GT

BM
All dates will be up shortly we are starting a small Winter Series @ Gulf Coast Raceway to get the action going. Starting October 6th!!

Our first Big event will be the Annual Gulf Coast GRANPRIX November 15-17th 2013
Classes will be: 1/10 TC - 1/8 OPEN - and All the IGT8F Classes

Then... The GT8 WORLD CUP CHAMPIONSHIP as announced in the flyer

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.