Wiki Posts
Search

GT class--buggy-based on road!

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2013, 01:37 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 28 (97%+)

Originally Posted by *1speedy
Great job, keep up the good work it will pay off.

Here is a picture of my 2013 Xray XB9 conversion it has been a labor of love.

I also had the ups and downs while converting the Xray Buggys but believe that we have a Very solid GT now after 2 years of R&D and can run with anyone

Innovative & positive people like you will help the GT class grow KEEP IT UP

Now that Church is over.......again and again and again

What did you end up doing about shocks? are you just using the offroad shocks and laying them down? is it a kick up chassis?
Old 08-21-2013, 01:40 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by *1speedy

Innovative & positive people like you will help the GT class grow KEEP IT UP
Very Positive More choices, more manufactures, not the monopoly of Kyoshos and Ofna's.....Oh wait, I like my Ofna
Old 08-21-2013, 02:08 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by MantisWorx

What did you end up doing about shocks? are you just using the offroad shocks and laying them down? is it a kick up chassis?
WOW, really nice car, what transmission are you using on it?

Here is a pic of my kyosho:

GT class--buggy-based on road!-kyosho-joan.jpg

Regards!
Old 08-21-2013, 02:27 PM
Tech Elite

Exhibit A

GT racing became popular because it had “the economical level playing field class” and “the spend what your heart desired unlevel playing field class”.

Both GT classes had merit, both helped support each other and both attracted different type of people to help grow GT racing together.

In America for some crazy reason, nobody is allowed to mention “the economical level playing field class” anymore.

Those that dare to speak of it now are attacked, ridiculed and chastised with almost insane hatred for just having the audacity to even mention it.
Old 08-21-2013, 04:14 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Jspeed
Exhibit A

GT racing became popular because it had “the economical level playing field class” and “the spend what your heart desired unlevel playing field class”.

Both GT classes had merit, both helped support each other and both attracted different type of people to help grow GT racing together.

In America for some crazy reason, nobody is allowed to mention “the economical level playing field class” anymore.

Those that dare to speak of it now are attacked, ridiculed and chastised with almost insane hatred for just having the audacity to even mention it.

And again......
Old 08-21-2013, 04:31 PM
Tech Elite

Exhibit A

Exhibit B

And again......

Old 08-21-2013, 04:33 PM
Tech Elite

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by jlopez

Here is a pic of my kyosho:

Attachment 1103459

Regards!
Nice Bro, que pasa en RD?
Old 08-21-2013, 05:28 PM
Tech Champion

Exhibit A

Exhibit B

Exhibit C
And again, conspiracy theorist are getting hungry.....
Nobody=you and only you well also the "lockster"

D,E,F

your next with G E I E I O
Old 08-21-2013, 05:49 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Nice Bro, que pasa en RD?
thanks bro, coming back to RC, opened a new store with my dad, how's everything over there??
Old 08-21-2013, 06:35 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 70 (100%+)

J Mantis speed Worx!
Old 08-21-2013, 07:19 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Exhibit C
And again, conspiracy theorist are getting hungry.....
Nobody=you and only you well also the "lockster"

D,E,F

your next with G E I E I O
Conspiracy theorist, really!?!?! Like I asked you in a PM, the last time you got into with Jspeed, keep me out the middle of your beef with him. He is his own man and doesn't need me or anyone else to help him in any arguments that you decide to have with him. Your total lack of respect is amazing. I have nothing to do with your latest tiff with Jspeed and again, you invoke me into it in a disrespectful way. As a businessman, you sure waste a lot of time keeping stuff like this going on the forums instead of concentrating on your business and making sure that you have supply to meet demands.

The only one that believes there is some conspiracy going seems to be you. R/C and racing is a hobby to me that I enjoy when I have the time. My world does not revolve around it like yours seem to do (seem to be on the forums 24/7). The only one at the moment that seems to be trying to monopolize the conversation about GT seems to be you. I hardly posts on the forums but somehow get invoked into these petty r/c spats that are about nothing when you look at it. In the grand scheme of things, r/c plays a small part in the things that I do. So, I could care less about who makes what and who sells what. The only thing that concerns me is that when I decide to buy products for my stuff, it is available.

So, if you want to continue to waste time arguing about r/c and that is what entertains you, have at it. Time is too valuable of a commodity to waste arguing infinitely about who is right and who is wrong. We are all playing with a bunch of expensive "toy" cars. I guess if some remember that these are "toys", maybe they won't argue about them all the time.

Last edited by JLock; 08-22-2013 at 05:11 AM.
Old 08-21-2013, 07:26 PM
Tech Apprentice

+1 Juan.
Old 08-21-2013, 07:58 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by JLock
Conspiracy theorist, really!?!?! Like I asked you in a PM, the last time you got into with Jspeed, keep me out the middle of your beef with him. He is his own man and doesn't need me or anyone else to help him in any arguments that you decide to have with him. Your total lack of respect is amazing. I have nothing to do with your latest tiff with Jspeed and again, you invoke me into it in a disrespectful way. As a businessman, you sure waste a lot of time keeping stuff like this going on the forums instead of concentrating on your business and making sure that you have supply to meet demands.

The only one that believes there is some conspiracy going seems to be you. R/C and racing is a hobby to me that I enjoy when I have the time. My world does not revolve around it like yours seem to do (seem to be on the forums 24/7). The only one at the moment that seems to be trying to monopolize the conversation about GT seems to be you. I hardly posts on the forums but somehow get invoked into these petty r/c spats that are about nothing when you look at it. In the grand scheme of things, r/c plays a small part in the things that I do. So, I could care less about who makes what and who sells what. The only thing that concerns me is that when I decide to buy products for my stuff, it is available.

So, if you want to continue to waste time arguing about r/c and that is what entertains you, have at it. Time is too valuable of a commodity to waste arguing infinitely about who is right and who is wrong what we are all playing with a bunch of expensive "toy" cars. I guess if some remember that these are "toys", maybe they won't argue about them all the time.

BLAh BLah Blah, same ol same ol you and your road dawg on a personal rant about the history of GT AGAIN, no one is forcing you to reply at all, you can simply say nothing if it bothers you so much. You want to talk about business antics, REALLY
Only person/persons i am messing with is you and Jeff only because the both of you harass everyone else, well more Jeff than you of course, but no one cares about either of you anyway. I am actually having fun with it now since it doesnt matter really and is quite entertaining to me. Why do you care anyway you no longer Race GT and Jeff cant show up at any events except his own event in egypt? Remember THIS is why you quit racing GT because "THA MAN" is out to ruin GT I am not hurting anyone, not talking about the demise of Gt racing not talking bad about Ipanema and contributing to the GT community more than you and your BFF. So as long as your homie keeps bringing up the old testament i will keep preaching the new testament like it or not. For those that grow tired of this I am truly sorry but its hard to have any decent conversation without Jeff or Juan preaching about the early 70's when neither of them race , promote or add anything positive to the situation. If you guys want to impact the class either show up at a race pay your entry fee win the C main or simply shut up about it, its not that difficult. RC is a "what have you done for me lately" sport, the past is gone forever thats why its called HISTORY. I have decided to pester you two like you pester everyone else and i will laugh about it! Actually Juan here is a challenge for you, show up at the SWCS finals out qualify me and run a faster lap than me with Ipanema tires and you will never hear from me again on this subject!! This goes for you too Jeff but of course you have been banned from Mikes so i guess that wont workYou down for that challenge or is actually racing not what you do? Bring it!

PS if nitro GT racing is too much for you feel free to come to RSD speedway for some indoor carpet F1 racing, i will honor the challenge on carpet too!
Old 08-21-2013, 08:31 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 59 (98%+)

Don't know what the fuzz is all about and don't care
All I know is the GT class is a pure racing class and it has so much variety
You can choose an onroad high rpm motor or an offroad torque motor
I think GT racing is picking up because it feels like a real car when racing and not over powered like the 1/10 sedan and not drifting like the 1/8
It is pure because it is 4 wd shaft driven with rubber tires so you have to roll on the corners like a real car

Don't understand when people say there has to be a limit on this and that with all these rules etc etc
All you need is a buggy based Gt car with any motor you want be it $700 or $100 it should be your choice and rubber tires and you are ready to race
Why can't it become as simple as this.
And in our area GT racing is picking up without rules, race what you brung
I only see it getting more popular and hope more manufacturers get into it
Old 08-21-2013, 08:43 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

BLAh BLah Blah, same ol same ol you and your road dawg on a personal rant about the history of GT AGAIN, no one is forcing you to reply at all, you can simply say nothing if it bothers you so much. You want to talk about business antics, REALLY
Only person/persons i am messing with is you and Jeff only because the both of you harass everyone else, well more Jeff than you of course, but no one cares about either of you anyway. I am actually having fun with it now since it doesnt matter really and is quite entertaining to me. Why do you care anyway you no longer Race GT and Jeff cant show up at any events except his own event in egypt? Remember THIS is why you quit racing GT because "THA MAN" is out to ruin GT I am not hurting anyone, not talking about the demise of Gt racing not talking bad about Ipanema and contributing to the GT community more than you and your BFF. So as long as your homie keeps bringing up the old testament i will keep preaching the new testament like it or not. For those that grow tired of this I am truly sorry but its hard to have any decent conversation without Jeff or Juan preaching about the early 70's when neither of them race , promote or add anything positive to the situation. If you guys want to impact the class either show up at a race pay your entry fee win the C main or simply shut up about it, its not that difficult. RC is a "what have you done for me lately" sport, the past is gone forever thats why its called HISTORY. I have decided to pester you two like you pester everyone else and i will laugh about it! Actually Juan here is a challenge for you, show up at the SWCS finals out qualify me and run a faster lap than me with Ipanema tires and you will never hear from me again on this subject!! This goes for you too Jeff but of course you have been banned from Mikes so i guess that wont workYou down for that challenge or is actually racing not what you do? Bring it!

PS if nitro GT racing is too much for you feel free to come to RSD speedway for some indoor carpet F1 racing, i will honor the challenge on carpet too!
GT history?!? My last post contained nothing involving GT history. But, without the folks that got GT off the ground years ago, your company would not be producing GT car products today. But, instead, you shamelessly advertise for free on the forums and not even make your products available to the hobby shops that support the racing scene. There is not one hobby shop that I can walk into and buy RCShox products in the US. Why is that? What, you don't believe in supporting the shops that support the racers?

If the only entertainment you get is keeping junk going on the forums, you lead a pretty pathetic existence. I don't know where you get your news from, but I have not "quit" GT racing. I have not raced much nitro lately because like I stated before, I have more important things going on other than racing toy cars. Unlike you, family is more important to me in the grand scheme. And, as far as your challenge, I have nothing to prove to you. I know my skills and ability as far as a r/c racer and as far as GT is concerned, I have had way less DNFs in my racing history than you have had since joining the GT crowd. As far as your C-main reference, since you don't like looking at the "past", when there has been multiple mains in the GT class, if I did not qualify for the A-main, I bumped into it. But, you can have the last word on this argument, amuse yourself some more, and feel full yourself since you seem to get off on it. Have fun playing with your toy cars and making your parts, I have friends and family to see and places to travel.

Last edited by JLock; 08-21-2013 at 09:45 PM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.