Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2011, 05:02 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

What brake pad/disk set up is the way to go on a kyosho gt1? thanks
Old 12-18-2011, 06:01 PM
Tech Addict

Smile

the hard 'bonded' pads are a must. i've had good performance out of either the 'vented' disc or the stock metal disc but the bonded pads are a must. make sure the bolts you use will have smooth shank at contact area and not threads so pads don't hang up. another tip is to install small springs on bolts to keep pads off disc to cool. fine brake adjustment becomes so much easier.
Old 12-18-2011, 09:58 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by romuald31
Hello MikaR,
the total cost is quiet expensive!!!
But, I started from nothing because I have no chassis or electronics...

Ultra GTP2E = 200$ / ultra GTP = 260$
Hobby Wing Combo= 185$ / Nova Rossi P5XLT+exhaust = 290$
Option parts = 280$ / 150$
LiPo sack, servo, connectors... = 120$ / starter+battry, glow, bottle, rx battery... = 150$
4 batteries = 310$ / fuel ????
Total: 1095$ / 850$ and the fuel!!!

Inexpensive is the Key word for our serie because you can win with a stock car and an engine of the year!!
Most of the competitors are running their old GT converted off-road with their old buggy engine over 20 liters...
Last winner (top french driver) in nitro class wants to prove that he can drove the Hobbytech STR8RG Ready to Run with the cheap 3 ports GO engine!!!
Everybody can win because with the low grip provided by the tyres, you don't need the best car or the best engine but the driving skill!!!

It was my pleasure to build a nice chassis and in nitro clas, there some Shepis MZ2 or crono SP9.

For sure, BL class is growing very very fast...

You're right, the GTP2 difs are old fashion, big and heavy... But no problem with them in GT/Rally game class. You're right for off-road application they arn"t the good choice!!!

If I want to compet against nitro cars, I have to put big power onto the controller and then the runtime is around 7mn (controler and battery are safe).
For a runtime of 10mn, I have to set my controler with safer settings (lowe punch, lower timing, lower end point) to protect my batteries from deep discharge...
For exemple, for a 7mn run, my best lap time is around 18s (like the best nitro cars) and for the 10mn run my lap time will be around 19s.
From what I tested, each minute of runtime is around 3/10s more/lap...

I hope you unserstand my explanation.

Au revoir.
Thanks Romuald, good stuff!
Cheers
Old 12-19-2011, 03:54 AM
Tech Master

Default Novarossi Challenge Jan 13,14,15,

The Novarossi Challenge is only 4 weeks away. The GT Nation is invited to take part in this great event at Homestead RC Raceway. You will have the opportunity to race on the extremely fast and challenging 2011 IFMAR World Championship circuit. The South Florida weather is great for racing in January. Come on down!!! Please check out the Novarossi Challenge thread in the Nitro On-Road section for more information.

Old 12-19-2011, 07:20 AM
Tech Addict

Doug, thanks for the 'heads-up'....i thought we GT'ers had been orphaned.

Sorry, can't resist comment on what appears to be England setting with cars on 'wrong' side of the road....just hope he got cleared before a 'clobber'.

Thanks again, i've been moping since 'other' FL race said no GT's.
Old 12-19-2011, 09:55 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by scary_jerry
Doug, thanks for the 'heads-up'....i thought we GT'ers had been orphaned.

Sorry, can't resist comment on what appears to be England setting with cars on 'wrong' side of the road....just hope he got cleared before a 'clobber'.

Thanks again, i've been moping since 'other' FL race said no GT's.
Ahhh! you win the award for being so observant! Luckily for him he escaped with out a scratch!

GT Racers are always welcome at Homestead Raceway. There are a couple events that we host where the organization does not offer the 1/8 GT Class. I know of some people who hope to change that for future events next racing season so things should be looking up for 1/8 GT racing in Florida very soon!
Old 12-19-2011, 05:51 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Doug M

GT Racers are always welcome at Homestead Raceway. There are a couple events that we host where the organization does not offer the 1/8 GT Class. I know of some people who hope to change that for future events next racing season so things should be looking up for 1/8 GT racing in Florida very soon!
Sounds cool Doug, thanks!
Old 12-19-2011, 06:23 PM
Tech Elite

Here's my scary new toy. Its the "Mika Edition" re-designed 2-speed Evolva transmission equipped version of the BMT Rally Game Beast!

The best of Rally Game and the best of GT, together in the insane fast & very radical 2012 Ipanema "GT Outlaw" racer class...... It was only just a matter of time fellas!
Old 12-19-2011, 11:03 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Very nice
Old 12-20-2011, 02:32 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Jspeed
Sounds cool Doug, thanks!
Thanks Jeff, hope you can make it to the Novarossi Challenge.
Old 12-20-2011, 03:37 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Jspeed
Here's my scary new toy. Its the "Mika Edition" re-designed 2-speed Evolva transmission equipped version of the BMT Rally Game Beast!

The best of Rally Game and the best of GT, together in the insane fast & very radical 2012 Ipanema "GT Outlaw" racer class...... It was only just a matter of time fellas!
Is that a Pro Diff in the front of the car? If there was a way to convert a current Mugen, Serpent, Xray, or Motonica, all I can say is whoa!!!!
Old 12-20-2011, 06:40 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by JLock
Is that a Pro Diff in the front of the car? If there was a way to convert a current Mugen, Serpent, Xray, or Motonica, all I can say is whoa!!!!
Dude the front diff is totally adjustable, it can be set full loose (like with the feeling of 1K fluid) to fully locked like a spool.

All it takes is the twist of an allen wrench. It’s got a standard type fluid diff in the rear now and also has an adjustable ball diff that can be used too.

What’s really crazy is it could be set-up like an 8th scale on-road car with a spool in the rear with the help of “one-way” bearings on the middle belt shaft, for even wilder tuning options.

The arms, bulkheads & suspension pins are way more robust than any 8th scale on-road chassis, it could be possible to use some stuff from them, but the BMT stuff is really unique. The belts are 11mm wide too.

I hope anyone that has one of these European Rally Game cars seriously considers attending the 2012 GT Worlds with it. It will amazing to see them racing in the new “GT Outlaw” class on the big track in Barceloneta.

Rally game guys from around the world, the time to party hard is March 21 to 25, 2012. Drop in a 2-speed and Bring it!
Old 12-20-2011, 06:46 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by kmichael
Very nice
Dude, you gotta see this thing, it's a friggen total beast, makes an 8th scale look like a sedan. Seriously, a total monster, it no wonder the Europeans only allow them to be raced with single speeds, lol
Old 12-20-2011, 06:49 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

NICE RIDE JEFF
Old 12-20-2011, 11:40 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by RANDY SMOOTH
NICE RIDE JEFF
Randy,
Thanks Bro it’s a sweet ride, but all props need to go to BMT & Mika, I’m just lucky to own it!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.