Community
Wiki Posts
Search

GT class--buggy-based on road!

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2011, 11:52 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by VexVegaz
considering it will cost me a little over $1000 for the kit alone, i have no plans on racing it at all and will stick to my gt2 if i want to race. a luxury belt driven gt car is something ive been wanting for a very long time.
Well, if you wish to race with a 2-speed at the highest level of GT racing competition, we've got the race for you!

Is it March yet?
Old 12-21-2011, 01:05 PM
Tech Addict

Here in Puerto Rico we only race Open class, if there were more racers then we would go with spec (spec has been tried in many other classes and has not work here). For the WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP we will have 4 different classes, this to cover the whole spectrum of GT racing. Spec and OPEN are mostly what everyone races actually, only shaft driven cars can compete in these. Electric, well the name says it all. However I know of many countries that would like to have a GT only event for their more exotic machines and therefore Outlaw was born. It still has a few rules but basically it opens the door for the RG cars to compete against similar machines. I agree that Outlaw by itself isn't the most logical step for every day racing but since this is a GT only event then I don't see why we would not allow racers from other countries with those chassis to race.

BTW. We have used basically the same rules from MidWest series, Ipanema Sports for a long time and there are no problems with anyone as long as they get the proper introductions to the rules. Of course ROAR doesn't have GT rules out but that doesn't mean that we don't have rules.
Old 12-21-2011, 01:11 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jneg
Here in Puerto Rico we only race Open class, if there were more racers then we would go with spec (spec has been tried in many other classes and has not work here). For the WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP we will have 4 different classes, this to cover the whole spectrum of GT racing. Spec and OPEN are mostly what everyone races actually, only shaft driven cars can compete in these. Electric, well the name says it all. However I know of many countries that would like to have a GT only event for their more exotic machines and therefore Outlaw was born. It still has a few rules but basically it opens the door for the RG cars to compete against similar machines. I agree that Outlaw by itself isn't the most logical step for every day racing but since this is a GT only event then I don't see why we would not allow racers from other countries with those chassis to race.

BTW. We have used basically the same rules from MidWest series, Ipanema Sports for a long time and there are no problems with anyone as long as they get the proper introductions to the rules. Of course ROAR doesn't have GT rules out but that doesn't mean that we don't have rules.
Very well said. The PR group is a very fast and fun bunch to compete against. Can't wait until March to get back there. Spec and open for me in March.

Last edited by JLock; 12-21-2011 at 01:29 PM.
Old 12-21-2011, 01:18 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Livewire121
Here's a pic of my outlaw project, DM1 Pro Carbon..lol
Awesome.. How is that engine?
Old 12-21-2011, 03:26 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by SNR Graphite
How is the Carbon chassis holding up in nitro? I always thought that carbon chassis in nitro will over heat the engine because it does not dissipate heat like aluminum.
I haven't had a chance to run this setup as of yet, its winter here in canada..lol! But it shouldn't be a problem, I've ran 1/10 TC nitro in the past with a carbon chassis with no problems.
Old 12-21-2011, 07:59 PM
Tech Addict

I run a carbon fiber chassis on my GT2 and it runs great never had a problem had the same chassis for two race seasons. Temps were in check and the car handles good and accelerates great. I did not use the mounts that came with the chassis I use a king headz quick change mount for the mp 777 the hole line up perfect no mods needed. I did well in some big races with this setup its pretty solid.

Last edited by nitrodash; 09-20-2017 at 06:36 AM.
Old 12-22-2011, 02:30 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by JLock
However, the contingency that doesn't like those rules because of personal anemosity towards "certain" individuals is why there is always conflict in the class. So, it is not that the rules out there aren't fair, it is just because of those who had established said rules aren't like by those that argue against them.
The "spec class" rules that you wrote for SWCS have never been changed, those rules are still in force. The SWCS did however add an "IGT Hobbies Open Class" to the SWCS, and that is the class that everyone participates in. The rules were written by me because I paid for the sponsorship of that class. It's basic advertising 101.

If anyone would like to run in the "spec class" during the SWCS, I am sure the SWCS committee would welcome that, but participation for the class this past season was 0.

Juan, you keep saying that people do not like you and that their is some conspiracy against you, that is far from the truth. Many times the Austin group of racers have approached you in a friendly manner, and you respond in a very rude way. I even offered some help to you on this forum about your electric car, and you basically told me to fuck off, that you did not need any help. So, it seems that its YOU that does not like ME.

My offer always stands, I am here to help and be a friend whenever you need it, but please do not ever say that I do not like you.

Yes, I know you did not use my name, but the individuals that informed me that the above quote had been posted on here knew who you where talking about, and if they know, then a lot more people on this forum also could figure it out. I don't appreciate it one bit. I have made my mistakes in the past, and I have let them be bygones, I suggest you do the same.

Race On!

Wild Bill
Old 12-22-2011, 03:11 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by SNR Graphite
How is the Carbon chassis holding up in nitro? I always thought that carbon chassis in nitro will over heat the engine because it does not dissipate heat like aluminum.
There are a few advantages to running Al over Carbon but heat is not supposed to be one of them. The engine head, block and mounts should be enough of a heat sink if the tune is correct. How long does it take an aluminum chassis to get "heat soaked" to keep the engine from overheating? To find the perfect tune one has to erase the chassis from the equation. It takes a long time so in a perfect world the chassis should not remove any heat from the engine. The bad thing about carbon chassis has to do with center of gravity (CG). If you lower the weight of the chassis then you raise the CG of the car. But in some cases, like in the DM1, that weights a lot more than the GT series then one can see the advantage but still you are sacrificing the CG. How much? who knows, I use a carbon chassis in my DM1 and has worked great. The Al chassis (King Headz) also worked great, so to me it is only a matter of weight.
Old 12-22-2011, 03:21 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by WildBillMassey

Juan, you keep saying that people do not like you and that their is some conspiracy against you, I have made my mistakes in the past, and I have let them be bygones, I suggest you do the same.
Dude, you so funny spin doctor! lol

You take a statement made by one GT guy, to another GT guy in civility and turn it into a jihad against him.

Jlock didn’t say anything about you in his reply to Rinolino about his vision of there not being “coherent” rules for GT.
He didn’t say billy boy did this or billy boy did that…. He was talking to Rinolino, not you.

The fact that you just jumped all over Juan with vulgarity in you post is a total admission of your guilt for everyone to see

Shoulda posted your typical 'I got the BMT available, should ship in a few days' stuff instead. You just busted yourself Lol
Old 12-22-2011, 04:12 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by WildBillMassey
The "spec class" rules that you wrote for SWCS have never been changed, those rules are still in force. The SWCS did however add an "IGT Hobbies Open Class" to the SWCS, and that is the class that everyone participates in. The rules were written by me because I paid for the sponsorship of that class. It's basic advertising 101.

If anyone would like to run in the "spec class" during the SWCS, I am sure the SWCS committee would welcome that, but participation for the class this past season was 0.

Juan, you keep saying that people do not like you and that their is some conspiracy against you, that is far from the truth. Many times the Austin group of racers have approached you in a friendly manner, and you respond in a very rude way. I even offered some help to you on this forum about your electric car, and you basically told me to fuck off, that you did not need any help. So, it seems that its YOU that does not like ME.

My offer always stands, I am here to help and be a friend whenever you need it, but please do not ever say that I do not like you.

Yes, I know you did not use my name, but the individuals that informed me that the above quote had been posted on here knew who you where talking about, and if they know, then a lot more people on this forum also could figure it out. I don't appreciate it one bit. I have made my mistakes in the past, and I have let them be bygones, I suggest you do the same.

Race On!

Wild Bill
First of all, don't flatter yourself. You come on here after weeks of nothing to take a personal swipe at me. Wow!!!

Now to address the rules thing; the rules I put together were for spec and open, not just spec. However, the SWCS only posted the spec rules in their first newsletter even though they were supplied with rules for the open class as well. The first SWCS race of 2009, we raced open and spec under the rules I put together from the Midwest series/RC Pro/Ipanema ones that were already established. We did not have enough to run them separate so we ran the class LeMans style with open and spec running together but scored them separate. We had fun running the class but lost racers due to the bad economy at the time (some of those guys are still out of work). We did not race the class in 2010 because turnout was low (as it was for all the classes that year).

Then, here come you guys for 2011. At first, I got texted like crazy from some of you about the rules and the class and thought things were cool. Then, once it was known that I ran a product from a competitor that you guys did not like, then the atmosphere turned to an "us versus them". Most of your group were never really all that friendly towards me from jump street (with a couple of exceptions). You kept to yourselves at most of the races, even pitting well away from the rest of the group at the Biggie. Even the picture of the GT class that was taken at the Biggie, you guys did not even extend an invitation for me to be in it but were glad to have an outsider, Paul Roberts, be in it representing Texas GT racing.

Now, where can I find a copy of your established rules for the Open class for Texas GT racing again? I can't find them on the SWCS website or the Third Coast Racing website. I haven't seen an ironclad list of your open class rules anywhere, but I can produce a copy of mine.

It is great that you think enough of me to come on here after weeks of non-posting and rehash this personal vendetta. The only conspiracy going on is the one in your mind. I have been about GT and GT racing since 2007 helping to get the class off the ground in Mississippi and Texas and helping other racers when and where I could while you guys in Austin were racing 18Rs to 200mm nitros. Why don't you help to squash the personal attacks, anemosity, and infighting and help to promote the class in a more positive manner?

Personally, if you don't like me, that is a personal issue you have to deal with. Try to keep it off the forums but if you need, go to the Proboards, print off that picture of me I posted while at the track in PR being silly, post it on a wall, and throw darts at it if it will make you feel better. You read way more into that quote from that post I made than what was actually said. There is no Watergate going on here, Richard Nixon.

This whole thing is not about you, your "sponsoring the class" in the SWCS, your online business, or me. This should be about promoting GT and GT racing in a very positive way. Somehow, this always seem to get lost in these online spats.

Bill, you should be concentrating more on working and promoting your 5th scale project; not worrying about what some hobby racer in Dallas has to say about GT racing (and not about you). I figured that your new 5th scale track would be more important than taking time out to show everyone your personal dislike toward a fellow racer on the world wide web. However, since you don't really know me (just of me), let me tell you this: if I have something to say to you, I will say it directly to you whether personally, by text or by email/PM, not make innuendos on some internet forum. We all race with folks we like and those we don't like. I have learned over the years to have fun with the ones I like and deal with the ones I don't like (or don't like me) when the time comes.

Now, for the rest of the thread public, it is sad that time had to be wasted by Wild Bill's post and mine. I should not have to keep coming on here wasting time defending myself against folks that apparently have an ax to grind. Now that we have both posted what we posted, can we please get back to promoting GT racing in a more positive manner or are we about to go through another 10 pages of back and forth bickering. It is this kind of stuff that turn people off from GT racing, not attract them to it Bill.

Last edited by JLock; 12-23-2011 at 07:59 AM.
Old 12-22-2011, 04:27 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by jneg
There are a few advantages to running Al over Carbon but heat is not supposed to be one of them. The engine head, block and mounts should be enough of a heat sink if the tune is correct. How long does it take an aluminum chassis to get "heat soaked" to keep the engine from overheating? To find the perfect tune one has to erase the chassis from the equation. It takes a long time so in a perfect world the chassis should not remove any heat from the engine. The bad thing about carbon chassis has to do with center of gravity (CG). If you lower the weight of the chassis then you raise the CG of the car. But in some cases, like in the DM1, that weights a lot more than the GT series then one can see the advantage but still you are sacrificing the CG. How much? who knows, I use a carbon chassis in my DM1 and has worked great. The Al chassis (King Headz) also worked great, so to me it is only a matter of weight.
I agree, my plan is to reduce as much weight as possible. I'm doing this so I can control weight distribution, to balance the car front to rear and left to right.
I've got my DM1 Pro 1/7 down to 7.2lbs, that's with the electronics and battery installed. I still have a few more changes to do, but when I'm done the weight should be around 6.5lbs, that's with balance weight added!
Old 12-22-2011, 04:53 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by JLock
There is no Watergate going on here, Richard Nixon.
“Watergate…. Nixon” haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!

Time for the picture of peace, love and tranquility among GT racers!

Lol, Sorry, I meant this one, lol

Old 12-22-2011, 09:02 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Thumbs up

[QUOTE=JLock;10071615]First of all, don't flatter yourself. You come on here after weeks of nothing to take a personal swipe at me. Wow!!!

Now to address the rules thing; the rules I put together were for spec and open, not just spec. However, the SWCS only posted the spec rules in their first newsletter even though they were supplied with rules for the open class as well. The first SWCS race of 2009, we raced open and spec under the rules I put together from the Midwest series/RC Pro/Ipanema ones that were already established. We did not have enough to run them separate so we ran the class LeMans style with open and spec running together but scored them separate. We had fun running the class but lost racers due to the bad economy at the time (some of those guys are still out of work). We did not race the class in 2010 because turnout was low (as it was for all the classes that year).

Then, here come you guys for 2011. At first, I got texted like crazy from some of you about the rules and the class and thought things were cool. Then, once it was known that I ran a product from a competitor that you guys did not like, then the atmosphere turn to an "us versus them". Most of your group were never really all that friendly towards me from jump street (with a couple of exceptions). You kept to yourselves at most of the races, even pitting well away from the rest of the group at the Biggie. Even the picture of the GT class that was taken at the Biggie, you guys did not even extend an invitation for me to be in it but were glad to have an outsider, Paul Roberts, be in it representing Texas GT racing.

Now, where can I find a copy of your established rules for the Open class for Texas GT racing again? I can't find them on the SWCS website or the Third Coast Racing website. I haven't seen an ironclad list of your open class rules anywhere, but I can produce a copy of mine.

It is great that you think enough of me to come on here after weeks of non-posting and take a personal swipe at me. The only conspiracy going on is the one in your mind. I have been about GT and GT racing since 2007 helping to get the class off the ground in Mississippi and Texas while you guys were in Austin were racing 18Rs to 200mm nitros. Why don't you help to squash the personal attacks, anemosity, and infighting and help to promote the class in a more positive manner?

Personally, if you don't like me, that is a personal issue you have to deal with. Try to keep it off the forums and if you need, go to the Proboards, print off that picture of me I posted while at the track in PR, and throw darts at it if it will make you feel better. You read way more into that quote from that post I made than what was actually said. There is no Watergate going on here, Richard Nixon.

Bill, take the time to work on and promote your 5th scale project you have going on; not worry about what some hobby racer in Dallas has to say about GT racing. I figured that your new 5th scale track would be more important than taking time out to show everyone your personal dislike toward a fellow racer on the world wide web. However, since you don't really know me (just of me), if I have something to say to you, I will say it directly to you whether personally, by text or by email/PM, not make innuendos. We all race with folks we like and those we don't like. I have learned over the years to have fun with the ones I like and deal with the ones I don't like (or don't like me) when the time comes.

Now, for the rest of the thread public, it is sad that time had to be wasted by Wild Bill's post and mine. I should not have to keep coming on here wasting time defending myself against folks that apparently have an ax to grind. Now that we have both posted what we posted, can we please get back to promoting GT racing in a more positive manner or are we about to go through another 10 pages of back and forth bickering. It is this kind of stuff that turn people off from GT racing, not attract them to it Bill

Last edited by flyboi33; 12-22-2011 at 09:35 PM.
Old 12-22-2011, 09:04 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Thumbs up

[QUOTE=JLock;10071615]First of all, don't flatter yourself. You come on here after weeks of nothing to take a personal swipe at me. Wow!!!

Then, here come you guys for 2011. At first, I got texted like crazy from some of you about the rules and the class and thought things were cool. Then, once it was known that I ran a product from a competitor that you guys did not like, then the atmosphere turn to an "us versus them". Most of your group were never really all that friendly towards me from jump street (with a couple of exceptions). You kept to yourselves at most of the races, even pitting well away from the rest of the group at the Biggie. Even the picture of the GT class that was taken at the Biggie, you guys did not even extend an invitation for me to be in it but were glad to have an outsider, Paul Roberts, be in it representing Texas GT racing.

It is great that you think enough of me to come on here after weeks of non-posting and take a personal swipe at me. The only conspiracy going on is the one in your mind. I have been about GT and GT racing since 2007 helping to get the class off the ground in Mississippi and Texas while you guys were in Austin were racing 18Rs to 200mm nitros. Why don't you help to squash the personal attacks, anemosity, and infighting and help to promote the class in a more positive manner?

Personally, if you don't like me, that is a personal issue you have to deal with. Try to keep it off the forums and if you need, go to the Proboards, print off that picture of me I posted while at the track in PR, and throw darts at it if it will make you feel better. You read way more into that quote from that post I made than what was actually said. There is no Watergate going on here, Richard Nixon.

Bill, take the time to work on and promote your 5th scale project you have going on; not worry about what some hobby racer in Dallas has to say about GT racing. I figured that your new 5th scale track would be more important than taking time out to show everyone your personal dislike toward a fellow racer on the world wide web. However, since you don't really know me (just of me), if I have something to say to you, I will say it directly to you whether personally, by text or by email/PM, not make innuendos. We all race with folks we like and those we don't like. I have learned over the years to have fun with the ones I like and deal with the ones I don't like (or don't like me) when the time comes.

Now, for the rest of the thread public, it is sad that time had to be wasted by Wild Bill's post and mine. I should not have to keep coming on here wasting time defending myself against folks that apparently have an ax to grind. Now that we have both posted what we posted, can we please get back to promoting GT racing in a more positive manner or are we about to go through another 10 pages of back and forth bickering. It is this kind of stuff that turn people off from GT racing, not attract them to it Bill

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Jlock did put the rules together for spec and open classes.. WE ran both spec and open together and points were seperated to guys who ran each class... The Austin group were not evening running in the SW series in 2009 but I'm glad they are now because with them GT racing was brought back from the dead in Texas... Let's just race and have fun guys
Old 12-22-2011, 09:48 PM
Tech Adept

Talking

So guys how's the weather?! Lol

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.